Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Favorite Wurm season?

favorite season in Wurm  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is your favorite season in Wurm? (and why? include your least favorite one, too...)

• Spring ("When daffodils begin to peer....")
    • Summer ("Summer's lease hath all too short a date...")
    • Autumn ("The teeming Autumn big with rich increase...")
    • Winter ("Blow, blow, thou winter wind; Thou art not so unkind, as man's ingratitude...")
    • Don't matter to me, so long as Sol still shines!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/10/22 at 02:00

I don't know if this kind of poll has been attempted yet, but I'd like to find out what people's preferences are. My Wurm seasonal preferences happen to be very strong, and I wanted to know if I'm alone in feeling this way (I strongly prefer Spring above all seasons, as it is rich in vivid and lush green color, and the softness of the grass is particularly pleasing to the eye. Next favorite is Winter. Least favorite is Autumn - something about the muted hues and shades used makes me feel claustrophobic, like I'm in a nightmare, but I felt the same way about the autumn season in Stardew Valley, so it's not necessarily the fault of the designers.) 

p.s.: My first experience of changing seasons in a game was in this Robin Hood game. It was the #1 reason why I fell in love with video games. I'm kinda grateful that Wurm utilizes seasons 😃

Edited by Ayuna
edited to add a better link
  • Like 1

I like all seasons for different reasons. Spring is just so fun after winter! All those flowers, all the greenery, all those shades of green. The grass is still short, so you can see your dog and I always get rejuvenated in game when spring hits. Summer is the longest and it feels like the status quo. Everything is in balance in Wurm. Fall can get a bit annoying with all the grass being taller than I am, but I love all those fruit harvests! And winter has it's charm too. It's my hunting season, most of the time, as the visibility is good - as long as you wear shades.

But my favorite has to be spring, I think. So, I voted for that.

• Like 1

Any season is great if I login and do not see snow

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

I wish there would be an option to set just look of one season permanently. I like spring in Wurm and all it's green.

• Like 2

I love to see better weather effects for Immersion. Like when its rainy the sky gets darker and there dens Clouds. In moment when its rain i see sun and and a blue sky. (Also wish we get the real fog back 😊)

• Like 2

I enjoy all of the seasons for the following reasons:

Winter- I like the contrasts between blue sky, sea and snow. It is also easier to see predators for hunting or for avoiding dangerous groups of animals that together could cause heavy damage.

Spring- I love the vivid green colours and blossom. There are not many crops available, so I tend to use this season for mining and building and simply to enjoy travelling around taking life easy. It is a time to try out new skills or build on my weaker skills.

Summer- This is the season I tend to move from building towards preparing my local trees for harvesting- same with my fruit shrubs and hops.

Autumn- Harvest, harvest, harvest. Work on using the fruit and farm crops for brewing a variety of tasty drinks. Prepare my building and mining plans for the next few weeks.

If I had to choose one season, then I would probably plump for Spring because of the bright colours and attractive blossom. I also enjoy the 'freedom' of being able to potter about moving from one activity to another without feeling that I have to harvest this or that.

Spring is my favorite. I love the way the grass is shortish but you can see it swaying in the breeze, flowers cover the trees with a promise of harvests to come... It's so lovely.

• Like 2

So I like all the seasons, obviously with the different harvesting and such BUT I do have to say I really like winter.  I like seeing where I'm going, if I'm about to be jumped by 5 trolls, and just have a less claustrophobic experience while exploring.  Plus, snowballs are very helpful for food storage. :)

I do like Spring, so that is my next pick, as things start to grow and you can still see around you pretty well.  That's just me, I know.  I don't mind having the different seasons, as it also helps display the passing of time, which can get lost if you see the same environment day in and day out.

I like the seasons when I get lucky enough to plan my orchards correctly (rare to never)

My big disappointment with wurm is how fleeting the weather is, it is the most immersion breaking part of the game. Usually weather is part of a front or system which even with wurms advanced time would give you more than 3 mins of rain at a time. I love a spring shower or a winter snow

Edited by MrCak
  • Like 1

Summar because it reminds of when Wurm was at its best! It looked the same all year round.

• Like 1

For me it's summer, I love the look of spring, but the addition of fireflies during summer just feels magical. I think they're only during a few weeks in summer, right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archaed said:

I think they're only during a few weeks in summer, right? 

They appear at Wurmian midsummer, for a few days only. (Exactly when the first half of summer has ended.) 

• Like 2

Glad to see I am not the only one that likes winter :)

When it is hot outside somehow walking around in the snow in game makes me feel cooler :O

• Like 1

Anything BUT Winter. Them tiles too bright. I've adjusted my settings every which way and the brightness of each tile is just too much for my eyes. I don't even want to login during Winter lol

Edited by HerbalMentat
  • Like 1

I'd like to pick winter but the application of snow is inconsistent and I can't see the snowflakes.

Fall is a good alternative at least.