Sign in to follow this  
Yaros

Discovering optional cooking ingredients

Many in-game cooking recipes have optional ingredients that may only be unlocked when added to a meal and cooked, which makes them very hard to define.

My suggestion is to make it possible to unlock them during cooking or eating a dish.

For example, I open the "Meat burger" by lore option, and it has many optional ingredients that I do not know.

I cook more of them, and with some little chance, I open one of the optional ingredients and get a message,

something like "You realized that you can also add chopped onion to a meat burger."

The chance can be relatively low, like 5% or something.

It can also be added to eating actions with much less chance, only when the main recipe is unlocked.

(I also like the option of unlocking recipes while you eat dishes, with a tiny chance, but it is a separate question.)

This ability may be connected to the cooking skill.

For example, at 20 cooking you get a chance of 2% to unlock an optional ingredient during cooking,

at 30 you get 5% during cooking and 0,08% during eating, etc.

All the numbers I use just as an example, so they can be any that will make the system work.

• Like 4

hard pass on that..

slowly to unlock irrelevant information

just unlock 80% of unidentified options for recipes at 250 recipes and at 500 journal goal unlock fully any known or newly learned recipe

at that level you're grand master cheff baguette knight dragon slayer..

oui

I approve of this idea.

It'd be a lot less tedious than what my grandson and I have been doing toward this end, which has been to try adding everything conceivable (and I do mean everything) to any given recipe to see whether Lore rejects it or not. Not that this hasn't been productive, we've stumbled across some obscure recipes and variants while engaging in this sort of "brute force" tactic.

The people who formulated the recipes must have a serious fondness for condiments (mayonnaise and tomato ketchup in particular.)

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Avaxas said:

The people who formulated the recipes must have a serious fondness for condiments (mayonnaise and tomato ketchup in particular.)

yet we dont seem to have mustard in any form

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

yet we dont seem to have mustard in any form

You make a valid point. We do have everything we would need to make a classic mustard, and a few common variants on mustard, except the mandatory products of mustard plants.

I feel this is something which should be remedied, for the sake of culinary completeness.

• Like 2