Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11-OCT-2022 & October’s Monthly Skin!

14 hours ago, Cecci said:

Some error must have occured as we all seem to have that title.

Ya was an issue with it overriding an existing titles text, will be corrected Tuesday and only Moogein will have it as intended after that.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:12 AM, Felthanne said:

Wow... "Fixing" Erupt because lava spikes could go on indefinitely is wrong, I remember the bugs @wipeoutis mentioning and those were so much worse than a lava spike.

Hard cap it at max server height, whatever, but finding another way to stifle creativity is not the direction we should be going in a sandbox game.

If you're concerned about PVP - just eliminate the ability there like pretty much every other meditation ability or keep it at this arbitrarily dumb cap.

In the 15 years I've played this game, this "fix" is right up there with opening the home servers to raiding.

It is interesting how they ignore this isn't it? We simply want a proper explanation for taking away what is when compared to said terrain bugs a harmless feature's fun of making giant spikes because someone had a creative fun and crazy idea out of a "fear" for something that isnt the case.

For context when we could mine and dig to create the dirt/rock spikes used to catapult ourselves really far distances the tile borer lengths were 32k+
I might be wrong but isn't wurm's tile corner height stored in a int value? if so @Madnathwas multiple decades away from reaching that cap

But my vote goes for 300 max height as often its used for raising rock to heights to get rid of veins plus the ability to raise rock to 300 would be really nice and save a lot of terraforming headaches on servers where the rock layer is to far down underwater for concrete to be of any use

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, wipeout said:

It is interesting how they ignore this isn't it? We simply want a proper explanation for taking away what is when compared to said terrain bugs a harmless feature's fun of making giant spikes because someone had a creative fun and crazy idea out of a "fear" for something that isnt the case.

The simple explanation is it was able to bypass all normal restrictions on terraforming allowing unlimited modification of a slope no matter how steep it already was , but as mentioned we are going to be raising the cap it can modify next update.

• Like 3

I vote one slope less than that actual spike so it can stay an unique one :P

Sign in to follow this