Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 11-OCT-2022 & October’s Monthly Skin!

Server Changes

• Change: Made Defiance starter deed permissions consistent with other PVP servers.
  • Change: Erupt is now only able to make a tile a max of 40 slope higher then its surrounding tiles, it is still able to fill in pits that are lower then 40 slope. Erupt will still turn tiles to lava if the slope is too high, just not add any additional slope to it.
  • New: Added a new title for 100 skill in Animal Taming. Congrats Moogien!

Client Changes

• Bugfix: Made Keybinds work on items in the two crafting window slots.
  • Change: Tooltip Updates:
    • Butchering imbue no longer shows up as null in the tool tips.
    • Brass rune of Jackal was misnamed as RBsJ and has been updated to RBrJ to be consistent with other brass runes.

October’s Monthly Skin!

October’s “Menacing Medium Maul” skin will help you deliver some satisfyingly spiky bonks to your enemies! Available through the month of October in the Marks Shop at any settlement token, this skin can be applied to a Medium Maul to give it a unique and fancy look.

skin_october_menacingmaul-1024x576.png
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added a new title for 100 skill in Animal Taming. Congrats Moogien!

Congrats Moogien!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Erupt is now only able to make a tile a max of 40 slope higher then its surrounding tiles, it is still able to fill in pits that are lower then 40 slope. Erupt will still turn tiles to lava if the slope is too high, just not add any additional slope to it.

lol of all the things that need fixing, this is what they wasted time with.

• Like 5

Before you guys go balistic on the change, Keenan mentioned ingame that the change was due to there being no boundary set for the skill and it had the potential to crash a server.

So I guess it was just a long unnoticed potential hazard. 😕

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milkdrop said:

Before you guys go balistic on the change, Keenan mentioned ingame that the change was due to there being no boundary set for the skill and it had the potential to crash a server.

So I guess it was just a long unnoticed potential hazard. 😕

This info should have been communicated in the patch notes. Having information that only a select few people have because it was mentioned in game, and then shared by a third party on the forums, is poor communication by the team to the players. 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Erupt is now only able to make a tile a max of 40 slope higher then its surrounding tiles, it is still able to fill in pits that are lower then 40 slope. Erupt will still turn tiles to lava if the slope is too high, just not add any additional slope to it.

LHNVWmo.jpeg

• Like 17

Great they removed huge lava spikes. No update on Cadence Lag. Would be great if they would address major issues affecting players more than small changes that affect the minority of players.

• Like 5

Erupt was the only way for to increase the height of the rock layer in some areas where concrete can't be used.

Specifically it was useful to me to increase the rock layer underwater.

It let me make a better boat entrances in areas where the water is too deep for concrete.

I wish this change was less restrictive, perhaps up to 60 or 80 slope.

Edited by Arno
  • Like 8
  • Cat 1

7 minutes ago, BattleWall said:

Great they removed huge lava spikes. No update on Cadence Lag. Would be great if they would address major issues affecting players more than small changes that affect the minority of players.

We have loaded some new software onto the server with this reset to hopefully let us nail down where that lag is coming from.

6 minutes ago, Arno said:

Erupt was the only way for to increase the height of the rock layer in some areas where concrete can't be used.

Specifically it was useful to me to increase the rock layer under water.

It let me make a better boat entrances in areas where the water is too deep for concrete.

I wish this change was less restrictive, perhaps up to 60 or 80 slope.

Need be we can increase this a bit.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Need be we can increase this a bit.

Would be neat if it was 300 just like the rest of the slope limits are with rock during mining and dirt during digging at the least.

Congratulations Moogien :D 

Edited by Fraskesa
  • Like 7
  • Cat 1

40 is pretty restrictive and honestly makes a ton of effort worth only as much as combining a bit of lye and mortar. Please consider increasing this to a much higher number, such as 300 to align with the other possible slope caps in the game.

Congrats Moogien!! :D

• Like 5

yeah, would really like to increase slope to 300, lava was a neat way to raise rock where concrete wasn't applicable, helped me a lot with some stuff while was building my deed

Like someone asked in chat , why fix something thats not broken , and also asked what person would be crazy enough to try crash the sevrer using lava  , and what would it take to do so if even possible ?

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Like someone asked in chat , why fix something thats not broken , and also asked what person would be crazy enough to try crash the sevrer using lava  , and what would it take to do so if even possible ?

It was very broken though it let you totally ignore all other restrictions on rock slopes and raise them as high as you wanted with no slope limits period. We are not going to be destroying anything already made with it but this had some clear abuse room.

We are open to increasing slope limit up on this but it will most certainly not be going back to fully unrestricted +4 slope up to no limit anymore.

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

decide for yourself about the crazy person part, look especially at the newer screenshots on the last page lol: 

For real, crashing is most of the times not intentional, if someone just likes to do crazy projects and the skill can/could/would be a reason for a crash or more lag, well...

12 minutes ago, Donutkebab said:

decide for yourself about the crazy person part, look especially at the newer screenshots on the last page lol: 

For real, crashing is most of the times not intentional, if someone just likes to do crazy projects and the skill can/could/would be a reason for a crash or more lag, well...

Perfect time to be online so I can nip this in the bud:

I've said since day 1 if a dev wants me to stop I'll stop, since I knew the mechanic was widely useful for a range of things and knowing very well in the past how heavy handed and quickly hashed out these fixes are. Whatever this "crash point" could have been would have been beyond just about any player. Each erupt is +4 slope, yes, but first that tile has got to cool. To get even a consistent +4 slope per day you need two accounts.

Removing it due to possible server crashing is fine, I understand and accept that. Part of me just heavily doubts what's put down. What's the difference between what I'm doing and Dragonfang and the higher mountain ranges on Xanadu? Why not just put a height limit on erupt slightly below that to allow silly projects like this to continue? Why brutally murder the only method of extreme terraforming on certain places? It's the only way to get rid of cliff, which cannot be concreted which can be an issue for terraforming.

Fitting with the deed name, Thatcher isn't the only thing that's deed.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 3

The limit of 40 is way to low. I would agree with 254 or 300 depending what crash limit is. 

40 for concrete in PvE lands is to little too.

this will put a real cramp in the gears for folks that are looking to make projects, tunnel opens just right.

Please reconsider both erupt and concretes max slop being raised.

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

when sickle and acid removed from pvp? bring back usefull other weapon than everyone using sickle for everything. Thanks @Darklords

When are we gonna add a flip table option so we can riot in-game instead of on the forums? My immersion is crushed atm

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

Removing it due to possible server crashing is fine, I understand and accept that. Part of me just heavily doubts what's put down. What's the difference between what I'm doing and Dragonfang and the higher mountain ranges on Xanadu? Why not just put a height limit on erupt slightly below that to allow silly projects like this to continue? Why brutally murder the only method of extreme terraforming on certain places? It's the only way to get rid of cliff, which cannot be concreted which can be an issue for terraforming.

This. Very much.

What I was supposing regarding the lava spike there is a hard limit above which a corner height cannot go - it is very obvious on Xana mountaintops there is a such limit of the game engine and our spike was far far far below that.

IMHO it would have been a much better solution if a height limit were introduced instead - and also we REALLY need some proper way to raise rockface - there are quite a few mountain peaks that were destroyed in favor of some flat deed area and after gone abandoned that I would more than eager to restore. Absolute no chance there though I'd be happy spend days/weeks on the restoration projects (like I already do on dirt/sand areas).

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this