Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Will there be black friday sales this year?

my guess is that this will be answered if or when the sale is on, like last year. Am i counting on it? Indeed.

By this time I hoped tot have won the lottery so I could support the game and pay full price. Sadly I have to rely on the sales to extend my five toon's prems. Maybe next year 😟

14 hours ago, chefpeewe said:

By this time I hoped tot have won the lottery so I could support the game and pay full price. Sadly I have to rely on the sales to extend my five toon's prems. Maybe next year 😟

I think last year the sale in November. Fingers crossed!

I does not look like there were BF sales this year, sadly. If not, I shall renew my yearly sub for the main char when it elapses in January, and let the priests drop then a bit, maybe casually buy some premium from my gold reserves 😎. They can do some imping stuff as f2p in the meantime.  Sorry Wurm company, but inflation makes us avaricious ..

18 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I does not look like there were BF sales this year, sadly. If not, I shall renew my yearly sub for the main char when it elapses in January, and let the priests drop then a bit, maybe casually buy some premium from my gold reserves 😎. They can do some imping stuff as f2p in the meantime.  Sorry Wurm company, but inflation makes us avaricious ..

How did you come with up with this?

Black friday is on the 25th Nov so it could still be, i think they had one the last 2 years, so im hoping for another sale this year.

Most likely it will not be announced beforehand.

• Like 3

On 10/28/2022 at 11:17 PM, Ekcin said:

Black Friday is after us thanksgiving, not halloween

The problem with institutionalizing sales is you train your customers to expect/wait for sales.

If they were going to buy the product anyway, effectively you damper revenue.

Look what you've created. 😀

38 minutes ago, Reverent said:

The problem with institutionalizing sales is you train your customers to expect/wait for sales.

"Problem" is CCAB doesn't open webshop and sell other, so this becomes open season to buy bulk premium time and silver cheaper.

Season sale brings most of the yearly profits?

22 hours ago, Reverent said:

"If" is an optimal word. People are far more likely to over-spend on things they are less likely to purchase, due to the fear of missing out on a limited time sale. How many people have catalogues of games they haven't played once on Steam, due to this fact?

The influx of silver into the economy also creates more trading activity. Keeping up with the joneses becomes much more difficult when your neighbor has 10 gold, instead of a mere 10 silver. Wurm is also in a unique situation where this level of economic activity and influx of money on the market doesn't create inflation due to the always voracious appetite of deed builders, achievers and hunters seeking bulk goods and maps, coupled with an influx of new players seeking in-game premium, who will now have more access to spend-thrifty bulk purchase buyers who'll use up the silver they've acquired during the sale.

Due to the overhead remaining the same, and the cost per unit remaining the same no matter what you price your product as - a sale of this magnitude should only be seen as a net positive in a growth based economy, rather than a detriment towards revenue in a zero sum one. Every sale purchase has the opportunity to create future regular purchases down the line as more people seek to expand by adding alts, bringing friends into the game, or simplying opting to hold onto their silver rather than using it on themselves for premium and instead using it to buy things in game from someone else.

I know for certain that I mostly just use in-game silver to fund my four priest's premium. However the allure of the sale intrigues even me into thinking about opening up the wallet. Just like I did for the myriad of unplayed games I have on my Steam list...

"If" there is no sale. I'll just go on not playing my priests until I deign they're needed, and pony up the in game silver for 15 days. Because I never really need a priest for more than a day or two at a time. 

Of course, sales aren't about "need" though. They're about "want". Sure I'd love to have my priests premium full time for a year or so. Unfortunately I'm cheap and I'm not willing to pay full price to do it. Feel free to see the 5s I use sporadically as a full price purchase of premium - but I'd personally see it as a lost sale on a yearly subscription and a lower population count after the 15 days are up.

Edited by Viceren

Well said. In fact, I would not hold 3 priests all year without BF sales. 😎

idk but some of the sales records for the skins that psychologically highlight your avatar are around 20s so theoretically the rebate for 1 year of prem could be 2g 35s

Just to mention ..

BjReOCw.jpg

We see a several peaks during the year. Xmas/New Year is clear, the one in February not so clear, Apr prolly the Easter event weeks. But the end of November peak certainly stems from BF sale action. And Wurm will certainly lose paying accounts without. 

Have you made full income analysis and comparison with previous years and mrtg graphs for bought silver packages or that's single image and just an assumption?

An observation over 2 years. Would not call it just an assumption.

too bad this type of sale occurs at a time in the year when i dont have cash to spend, those of us with fixed incomes dont often get to choose to partake of such sales which is too bad because i could really benefit from it, sadly i have to wait until the 3rd of the month to have money to use for my budgets

Edited by kordethbludscythe
spelling edit

The action lasted over a week (and the subsequent weekend iirc), so it would end Friday, December 4 this year. The years before end was Friday, Dec 5 and 6 (or the weekend too).

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Last year they announced on Monday 11/22. So today should be the day we know if there is a sale.

• Like 1

Ive been keeping an eye on this aswell, so far actually that I expect it to be announced within the next 4-5 hours. Unless they announce it together with the maintenance on Tuesdays, which also is a possability.
I need 24 month and my prem time on main is running out today. 

There will be a Black Friday Sale from Wednesday through Sunday. Details on it can be found in the above post.

• Like 1

well there we go again, a sale that those with fixed incomes cant participate in because it falls during a time before they get paid