Sign in to follow this  
Umbranik

Linux Mint Installation Help!

I just wiped windows off my harddrive and installed Linux Mint.  I used it years ago and don't remember having this much problem.

I am completely unable to launch the wurm client.  Is there a step by step guide somewhere?\

I downloaded the WurmLauncher.tar.gz from the website, extracted it to my home/user/Wurm folder i created it and get the 'jcef-natives' 'linux64' folders, then client_live.jar, depfiles, hs_err_pid25461.log then the WurmLauncher

clicking on client_live.jar brings up

"The file '/home/hardreboot/Wurm/wurm-launcher/client_live.jar' is not marked as executable.  If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run.  For more details, read about the executable bit."

clicking on client_live.jar does absolutely nothing

Edited by Umbranik

This is a well-known bug, and it has never been fixed (I guess WurmLauncher loads too fast and something crashed).

You just need to pop up the client selector to slow down the loading and it should be fine:

Use a text editor to create a text file WurmLauncher.desktop and put the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
GenericName=Wurm Launcher
Type=Application
Version=1.0
Name=Wurm Launcher
Exec=./WurmLauncher -c
Terminal=false
Categories=Games
Comment=Run Wurm Launcher with client selection

Click to run the file and it will popup the client selector, just click Cancel to launch the default client and WurmLauncher will not crash.

Alternatively, if you do not use a Desktop manager (like XFCE/KDE/GNOME), then you can just run WurmLauncher from the command line with option -c:

./WurmLauncher -c

• Like 1