Sign in to follow this  
Oneeyedgod

sailable player vs player map

i was curious if we would ever see a pvp map we could sail to similiar to chaos in the sfi region would generate more insterest in pvp aspect and possibly set something up for nfi and sfi connecting just a thought

It would be sensible to wait for the cluster merge, allowing to access both Chaos map and Epic cluster. There is not much use or sense in duplicating every function available in SFI.

32 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

It would be sensible to wait for the cluster merge, allowing to access both Chaos map and Epic cluster. There is not much use or sense in duplicating every function available in SFI.

that might not happen soon, will be healthier if nfi gets more servers of it's own, and people spread around, get used to more land, equalize the feel of the clusters then eventually merging them as populations or needs for content normalizes

right now if you merge, you'd see uniques and rifts be zerged by starved nfi-ers(assumption)

5 minutes ago, Finnn said:

that might not happen soon, will be healthier if nfi gets more servers of it's own, and people spread around, get used to more land, equalize the feel of the clusters then eventually merging them as populations or needs for content normalizes

right now if you merge, you'd see uniques and rifts be zerged by starved nfi-ers(assumption)

your right the last dragon slaying we had 330 people in local poor thing didnt last 30secs

Nothing too exciting, 300+ players at attractive public slayings are standard in SFI too. Max was over 500.

But a new map is not really what NFI needs, much less a chaos style sailable PvP map. Also new maps would also mean pointless more work for dev, sysadmin, and GM teams. Wurm really has not too few servers. Population on NFI is between same and maybe 20% more compared to SFI, all winter and spring there were more on SFI. At least rapid population decline has stopped on NFI.

And as to rifts being zerged, lol. In 2019 I fought a couple of 2 player rifts, and some more 3-4 player rifts. Participation normalized somewhat, gladly, but rifts are far from being overrun.

Edited by Ekcin

Instead of adding sailable PvP to NFI.

I would rather folks from NFI could portal to Epic.
And that folks from SFI could portal to Defiance.

I don't think there is a reason to keep NFI and SFI money separate anymore.

• Like 2

sailable pvp or something, pvp is in desperate need of update to motivate players to play on the server, pmk perhaps along with another server. without players even if you want to play there it makes no sense

They need to focus PvP on Epic and make continual drastic changes every other month.  Let us have fun playing with the mechanics, ###### in forums about changes, then have Devs make actual changes and let us try it out all over again.  So what if they are bad ideas/changes, at least something to try out for a few months and change it up some more.  The main issue is they try to get involved and make changes then everything else falls on deaf ears for another few years.

I'm focused on Epic PvP because Elevation was supposed to be a playground of changes and they just stopped after the big update.  These are changes you wouldn't just change on the fly with Chaos or Defiance.  I was expecting continual updates every other month or even weeks.  I say Epic for PvP because it's where anyone can go without fear of losing Freedom Gear or Freedom Skills.  Gets a lot more people involved without the risks.

I've said many times, they should have let Sindusk have 100% control of Epic (or at least Elevation) and do whatever he wanted making constant changes keeping people involved.  Elevation is the "Real" sandbox.  Let him break Elevation.  Who cares at least someone is trying.

Portal to defiance from sfi will likely mess up defiance balance a lot, just because of the time some had to grind skills, certainly few on defiance have grinded decent skill by now, but still.. you'd get freely unbothered and skilled players to transfer if skill transfers 1:1, if there's no skill transfer.. kind of pointless to waste time there and grind from scratch vs creating different toon for there alone.(lets players play either or both later on.. instead of locking a char on defiance; unless it's prepaid prem and preference kind of decision)

New server and crossing from all other.. with portal or border hop there.. as only a hub but no nfi/sfi/epic -> hub -> and crossing to otherwise blocked path..

Something like challenge/jackal/new kind of events pve/pvp related stuff or maybe 2 servers for the two kinds of population, I can see some mess happening if hybrid server with on/off pvp events happen and people get stuck, crash, logoff and on at right and wrong times, in any other game.. lol who cares.. but in wurm that could cost a lot of time and money to recover from certain events.

idk epic is all good and fun and what not but it would be nice to see other factions tabbards and guards towers around in freedom kind bland with all one and and the same =/

by all means... new map, temporarily connected to nfi and some new stuff to find/claim/learn/etc...... and bring to either pve/pvp and have w/e timed or not events could be a thing...

only way to scale content seem to be temporarily added new servers and no option to settle long-term;

"wurmians" get comfy way too fast; jackal seemed to be a home for many for a long time and some really enjoyed it.. what matters is ... what are the goals.. and what could players bring or get out of such content

imo seasonal content of such type could be a success... it's another matter.. how to pull it off for pve and pvp.. and what players can bring with them, how fast paced the game could be..

given homelands have farms, cattle, etc.. needing tending and that sucks up massive amounts of irl time to maintain... new server cant be taking too much time for basic things, while full season content.. and decent chance to achieve and obtain title/skins/items/knowledge or w/e.. meant as loot and goal to do anything there.. should be in reasonable borders..

I do however assume you meant something entirely different.. like small arena for pvpers to slap each other in new lands and no kingdom towers, and such..

dropping some more information what you'd like to see is key to maybe see it one day..