Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

Best height for shoreline

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what do you consider to be the best height (above water) for the shoreline?

Far now I tried with +1 and while in most cases it looks nice, there are certain cases (for example when you have crops) where it shows water puddles or when it doesn't let you meditate because it says it's too wet there.

So my guess is that it should be higher... but how much higher do avoid the drawbacks but still look like a nice shoreline, not too elevated above water? +2 / +3 / +4 / +5?

Thank you in advance for any answer!

You can test by trying to plant trees or bushes to make sure your above the "too wet" mark.  It does limit what you can do with the land it's too low,  but everything is pretty correctable in this game.

I usually go with +5/6. It gives a small visible rise over the waterline but still allows for shoreline tiles to be targeted easily for disembarkation from knarrs, sailboats, and such. 

I use +3

still a nice low height, easy and neat 10 slopes down to max digging depth/shallow water and you don't get the puddles/splosh noises while walking.

• Like 1

was it +4 or something like that to be able to start bridges connected to ground level... that bit is annoying if you insist on flat ground and plan to use a bridge, this could mean a bump somewhere to satisfy the bridge requirement

There is a height at which boats no longer can be dragged. I can’t remember the exact value but it’s something like 5.

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

was it +4 or something like that to be able to start bridges connected to ground level... that bit is annoying if you insist on flat ground and plan to use a bridge, this could mean a bump somewhere to satisfy the bridge requirement

Can anyone please confirm or correct this estimation please?