Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Make dark messenger 20 difficulty

I dont know why, but apparently dark messenger is twice the difficulty as courier.

• Like 5

that is THE cast to grind at 40-80, if you remove that, what do lib priest grind with?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIREDRAGON said:

that is THE cast to grind at 40-80, if you remove that, what do lib priest grind with?

I dont think thats the sole purpose of that spell being 40 difficulty. So if it gets changed to the same difficulty as courier and lib then lacks something to grind on 40-80, then something else must be fixed.

44 minutes ago, Nordlys said:

I dont think thats the sole purpose of that spell being 40 difficulty. So if it gets changed to the same difficulty as courier and lib then lacks something to grind on 40-80, then something else must be fixed.

What's more likely to happen:

a) A tweak to one spell to lower the difficulty to 20, on par with the other messenger spell and there being nothing to fill that difficulty gap 

b) A tweak to one spell to lower the difficulty to 20, on par with the other messenger spell and an entire rework to the Libila spell list to balance it out

I'm not saying this from the "devs r bad!!!" I'm saying this from the time and investment needed is likely to leave a gap for a long time if this is addressed in its sole instance. The cause and effects of changes take time to identify and plan for, and if it honestly left Libilan priests with a harder time to grind channeling, I'd suggest letting this one sit on the bench until a full balance is on the cards. 

4 hours ago, FIREDRAGON said:

Just due to regen mechanics surely bless is still more efficient with a neck wound, same favor/second but lower favor per cast. Its not as good at opulence at 2s per favor or morning fog/light token at 1.8s per favor, if grinding as lib is the goal I'd push for something like truehit being dropped to 5 favor (which does have some balance implications) or a new low favor lib spell (5 favor, 10 diff, 9s cast) nothing flavourful comes to mind though. This would push lib to be the best channelling grinder though, and some people already say lib is good given the animal parts saccing, in spite of the worst spell selection.

3 hours ago, Archaed said:

What's more likely to happen:

a) A tweak to one spell to lower the difficulty to 20, on par with the other messenger spell and there being nothing to fill that difficulty gap 

b) A tweak to one spell to lower the difficulty to 20, on par with the other messenger spell and an entire rework to the Libila spell list to balance it out

I'm not saying this from the "devs r bad!!!" I'm saying this from the time and investment needed is likely to leave a gap for a long time if this is addressed in its sole instance. The cause and effects of changes take time to identify and plan for, and if it honestly left Libilan priests with a harder time to grind channeling, I'd suggest letting this one sit on the bench until a full balance is on the cards. 

I dont believe the dark messenger spell is 40 difficulty so Libila has a "best" thing to grind on between X and Z channeling. Thats probably just a side effect of giving Libila a counter to courier for PVP related issues. I also dont believe they need to rework the whole catalog for Libila to change this. Its either adjust down to 20 diff to match courier, adjust courier towards dark messenger or remove dark messenger on Freedom. And between those i feel adjusting dark messenger to 20 diff is the best option.

So as i said, the whole "the best thing to level from A to B" is a different issue.

Edited by Nordlys