Sign in to follow this  
Malajane

Red dragon slaying (run away/dead)

Shame it’s such an early time midweek for US workers, but really awesome find and even nicer you opened it for all.  Have fun everyone!

• Like 1

[13:46:18] <Leeteef> (Del) pc [22:38:57] The young red dragon hits you deadly hard in the chest and damages it.

this was in trade channel , i think it got out of its pen

Just want to make this obvious before it turns into a giant thing. [23:39:12] The young red dragon has been slain.

[22:30:00] <Vayu> Just following up, you guys/gals are good. Good hunting.
Everything was cleared with the GM team before the dragon was slain. I myself dug the whole in local and Vayu stopped by and double checked us. 

Edit: I would like to say I am a proponent on public slayings and am big on making it open for everyone. I dont gate keep. But I dont have the know how or the time to pen it and make it public. Sorry not sorry. 

Edited by Zachariah

Nice, it must been truly a heart racing experience.

1 hour ago, Zachariah said:

Just want to make this obvious before it turns into a giant thing. [23:39:12] The young red dragon has been slain.

Everything was cleared with the GM team before the dragon was slain. I myself dug the whole in local and Vayu stopped by and double checked us. 

Edit: I would like to say I am a proponent on public slayings and am big on making it open for everyone. I dont gate keep. But I dont have the know how or the time to pen it and make it public. Sorry not sorry. 

im confused, are we talking about 2 different dragons here? or has it allready been slain?

10 minutes ago, Stinboi said:

im confused, are we talking about 2 different dragons here? or has it allready been slain?

The same dragon. The dragon broke out of the original cave pen somehow, not sure the details there. But it was posted by a random new player in trade chat. I went out with a group of people to search around the orignal slaying location and eventually found it. I have no knowledge on unique penning and didn’t have the time to invest in it so we dug a few dirt in local of the dragon and called a bunch of random people to help. We even called out in freedom chat on Deliverance for anyone to come help. So it technically wasn’t private but it also wasn’t public as well. Sorry if that was a bit confusing. 

Remarkable how tight knit community is, the hard work finally pays out. Congratulations for the kill!

12 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

The same dragon. The dragon broke out of the original cave pen somehow, not sure the details there. But it was posted by a random new player in trade chat. I went out with a group of people to search around the orignal slaying location and eventually found it. I have no knowledge on unique penning and didn’t have the time to invest in it so we dug a few dirt in local of the dragon and called a bunch of random people to help. We even called out in freedom chat on Deliverance for anyone to come help. So it technically wasn’t private but it also wasn’t public as well. Sorry if that was a bit confusing. 

Ok, thank you so mutch for the clarification, and congratz with the kill :).

I just had to make sure so i didnt travel out there for nothing.

2 hours ago, Zachariah said:

There's no doubts about your generosity and how big proponent on pubic slaying you are zach, without you having to say it.

Just curious why this person saying someone else penned it [09:10:23] <Shenjiwurm> shy and sugar penned him the last time i heard

Appreciate the kind words. And I’m not sure what Shenjiwurn is talking about. I invited them to the slaying as they were on my friends list online at the time and I knew they could be there quick. As to the details to the events of the dragon prior to my finding of it I have no clue. But I’m sure the OP can fill us in. 

• Cat 1

9 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

Appreciate the kind words. And I’m not sure what Shenjiwurn is talking about. I invited them to the slaying as they were on my friends list online at the time and I knew they could be there quick. As to the details to the events of the dragon prior to my finding of it I have no clue. But I’m sure the OP can fill us in. 

You are very welcome. Actions and words speaks all the same in here.

It's weird some of this friends  that you invited doesn't apear on the kill list it must be some bug on twitter, niarja and wurmnode

How unfortunate: i was hoping for some blood to make more ropetool potions.

3 hours ago, Zachariah said:

Sugar and I were invited by Zachariah late last night, but as we were about to go to bed, we declined. Neither of us were involved with the original penning, nor the actual slaying.

• Like 1

So this was not illegal to slay after getting loose. I understand that. But for Zach to sit here and make up excuses why he killed it.. I just can't bite my tongue.

When It got loose and was announced in trade chat I watched Zach SAIL there from another server. (He's on my friend's list). I knew what he was doing, so messaged him and asked if he needed help trapping it. I got crickets.

He then waited THREE HOURS to get enough fighters together. Three hours is more than enough time for someone who knows how to pen. Plenty more.

You can couch it however you want, you wanted the kill. That is within the rules. Morally? There was a public slay announced, you knew it was Malajane's... You could have just stayed away for the 12 hours until the public slay, but you CHOSE to GO there. 

/mytwocents.

• Like 10
  • Cat 1

15 minutes ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Morally? There was a public slay announced, you knew it was Malajane's... You could have just stayed away for the 12 hours until the public slay, but you CHOSE to GO there.

Agreed.

Lesson for everyone - if you catch unique, don't give location to earlie (except Bruce's circus). Somebody helpful may come before your log and may help to kill your mob - 12h before your planed event.

Ive got message about slaying from Malajane so decided to come. Well, I had to plan to come, but missed it - thanks Zach.

Anyway, thanks Sappiro and Malajane for catch dragon and make it public. :)

Edited by Xagru
  • Like 1

Ok since my post created some confusion, let me give a few more details (I"ve had multiple people message me in game to clarify)

(local time)

22:46 person does a PC for a red dragon in trade chat on Deli

23:13 Zach logs into Pristine (I believe he was on Xana prior, can't confirm, but he didn't log in, he just changed servers)

23:14 Zach logs on to Deli

23:14 I message Zach to see if he needs help re-trapping. Crickets. (myself and a couple alliance mates have trapped and were more than willing to go help)

02:39 red dragon slayed. <----------- less than 12 hours before it was scheduled as public slay.

Zach didn't stumble upon this. Zach ignored offers of help. 

• Like 1

I tried to put it back and I have helped pen a couple dragons before but this one was very uncooperative.  ( even harder than putting my cat in the carrier to go to the vet).

The three hours were spent chasing it around the server killing dozens of trolls and scorpions so we could concentrate on it. After trying to get it in 3 different mines then we decided to just kill it which was no easy task with only one Fo priest and 9 people with appropriate gear.

ChampagneDragon it was being talked about in GL and Freedom if you were interested in helping you could have easily just come on over.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bachus said:

ChampagneDragon it was being talked about in GL and Freedom if you were interested in helping you could have easily just come on over.

1. Too many people when trapping a dragon creates more problems. 

2. You did not need to GO TO THE DRAGON. You went there. 

Stop deflecting. You made the choice, you can let the community decide if what you did was MORALLy right or wrong.

*edit to add* funny thing about dragons, if you go out of their tether range they bounce back to where they were and don't chase you. 

Edited by ChampagneDragon
  • Like 3

Can we please just add a damn item that lets you properly secure a unique already? We have creature carriers so the technology exists.

Activate and use “Dragon Leash” on unique. 30 second timer to complete the action. Any movement, action or damage taken breaks the timer. Results in a “penned creature” that will break free in 7 days. May be opened by the owner of the pen at any time. Costs 5 silver from a trader.

This would require the penner to have enough skill to hold the aggro for the timer so you couldn’t just swoop in and capture too easily. Doesn’t destroy the land like digging a pen does.

Seeing as how the dragon is dead and the event is cancelled, I will close this. It is sad that the dragon broke out and was slain but no rules were broken. If you would like to discuss unique changes or ideas, please make a topic in the Suggestions thread. Thanks!

~Brattygirlsback (SFM)

• Like 5