Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Transmutation dirt ⇌ marsh

0.05kg lingonberry juice + 0.1kg gold = Transmutation liquid, dirt to marsh

0.05kg lingonberry juice + 0.1kg silver = Transmutation liquid, marsh to dirt

Amount needed: half as much as for moss-tundra transmutation

The reasoning behind this:

• Some people like marsh. But it's impossible to create at present. We need an option.
  • Transmutation liquid is an established precedent. It's a well tested, understood, and accepted technique.
  • Marsh can already be transformed into dirt by laying floorboards and removing pavement. Doing it using transmutation should not be much harder.
  • Like 13

I agree there should be some way to create marsh and transmutation liquid is the obvious solution.

• Like 1

I like this. It's always felt like there's so much more potential for Alchemy/Natural Substances than we've seen implemented.

In the spirit of having more than one way of doing a thing, I'd suggest a second farmer's option. Every time a tile is sown (not planted) with reeds and allowed to go to weeds, there'd be a chance for that tile to become a marsh tile.

Also allow planting of reeds on marsh tiles, to have the option of a reedy marsh.

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 1

An enthusiastic "Yes!" from me!

Yes, please!

Now with more yes!

The ancients cry out for yes!

Lingonberry juice is a heck of a limiting factor though, as it can't be planted in orchards and big patches of tundra can be hard to come by.  Granted, foraging for lingonberries can be done any time of the year, but getting enough lingonberries for a transmutation will take a good long while.  It seems overly strict to me, but perhaps this makes it the right limiting factor?

I do like the idea of gold or silver as the transmutation metal - maybe even electrum?  Only downside might be that the finished liquid volume would be about 10kg which makes it very portable, unlike most other transmutations.

All this to say - YES YES YES to adding marsh transmutations, or at least some mechanism of creating marsh.  Sometimes a witch just really, really wants to live in a hut in the swamp.  🥺

• Like 2

+1 I rarely ever encounter marsh and It would be awesome to have another use for lingonberries.

6 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Lingonberry juice is a heck of a limiting factor though, as it can't be planted in orchards and big patches of tundra can be hard to come by.  Granted, foraging for lingonberries can be done any time of the year, but getting enough lingonberries for a transmutation will take a good long while.  It seems overly strict to me, but perhaps this makes it the right limiting factor?

First thanks for the nice summary. But I would be highly in favour of lingonberry juice. There are waste tundra areas on most servers, and foragers (at least here) harvest as much lingonberries as of the rest of berries. But aside from a few cooking and baking recipes, there is almost no use for lingonberries. I have several large amphoras full of lingonberry juice I pressed because berries are such volume hogs. I would gladly give them away for the price of the amphora, maybe even below.

6 hours ago, Sidereal said:

All this to say - YES YES YES to adding marsh transmutations, or at least some mechanism of creating marsh.  Sometimes a witch just really, really wants to live in a hut in the swamp.  🥺

Yes!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ekcin said:

First thanks for the nice summary. But I would be highly in favour of lingonberry juice. There are waste tundra areas on most servers, and foragers (at least here) harvest as much lingonberries as of the rest of berries. But aside from a few cooking and baking recipes, there is almost no use for lingonberries. I have several large amphoras full of lingonberry juice I pressed because berries are such volume hogs. I would gladly give them away for the price of the amphora, maybe even below.

I can attest to this. I forage a lot of lingonberries on a regular basis and they do consume a massive amount of space. I've made everything possible with them and it barely puts a dent in the amount I obtain.

24 minutes ago, Katrat said:

I can attest to this. I forage a lot of lingonberries on a regular basis and they do consume a massive amount of space. I've made everything possible with them and it barely puts a dent in the amount I obtain.

I recommend a yard full of hens. Mine are very fond of berries, and the eggs they produce take up far less volume than the berries would, 🐔

• Like 1