Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

Invitation to the "maiden operation" of my Desalination Plant

I thought "grand opening" was a little over the top, and since it's a stationary building it can't be a "maiden voyage", so it'll just be put into operation for the first time when the following timer runs out!

Location: https://independence.yaga.host/#3611,261 (North-east Independence island, C24 in-game map)

timer_E1665251974.svg

"A what plant now?", you might ask. And then I would go on and explain to you my idea to boil stupid amounts of salt water in one swift go, which might be long and boring. So here's a bullet point list instead.

unknown.png

• Houses 8 desalinators
  • Desalinators hold 3 large amphorae each (275 kg x 3 = 825 kg water)
  • Only water/salt will be transferred, pottery amphorae stay(!) in the desalinators
  • Plant boils 6,600 kg of water at once
  • Each amphora produces 27 salt (81 salt per desalinator, 648 salt each complete boil)
  • Two huge tubs with salt water as a buffer
  • Water wagon resupplying salt water
  • Bulk container unit with kindling, peat, ash, as well as nothing in huge quantities
  • FSB for the salt

I will need a good Hot Food Cook to volunteer operating the plant, since as far as I'm aware, HFC affects the salt quality. Every attendee can grab as much salt as they need, or at any point in the future drop by and operate the plant themselves.

Come and get salty!

Edited by Ulviirala
added location, thanks Hvergi... I had a brain meltdown
  • Like 7

Fun idea! I have always liked unique buildings and operations in Wurm, past the standard workshop/kitchen/stables setup, and have always been on a lookout for ideas for my own deed. Never thought of a desalination plant :)

I won't be available for your maiden operation event, but I think I may schedule a sightseeing trip to that part of Indy in the future and will definitely swing by to see it!