Sign in to follow this  
KingDD

steam client says i have to link my account to steam. How do i do that?

if this is a character you played on the Standalone client, before Steam, then you can't

Steam only works to play characters made through Steam

well that sucks. what is the point of using steam client then?

thanks for the quick reply

• Cat 1

Hmm!

I guess it's not really about "point" but moreso just your choice? If you prefer to play games through Steam then you can. Don't need e-mail address sign up for Wurm website account... don't need to use website to buy premium, it can be automatic in-game purchase using Steam Wallet. All your characters are tied to your Steam account so no password login required beyond just being logged into your own Steam account. I don't think there is a character limit either (I think e-mail addresses are supposed to have 5 character limit, but my friend has like 7 or more alts using his same Steam account).

Oh! I suppose Steam has cloud gaming functionality, so you could have Wurm downloaded at home and just log into your Steam account while on holiday and stream the game instead of downloading it at every computer you use. I think.

Edited by Lovelie

The limit of steam is i believe you can only have one character logged in at a time, i use one steam character and the rest of my alts are setup using the original Wurm client

16 minutes ago, Crack said:

The limit of steam is i believe you can only have one character logged in at a time, i use one steam character and the rest of my alts are setup using the original Wurm client

I've got 2 characters logged in on Steam right now, used to follow a "multi steam client" guide found somewhere here on the forum, but now I just open the wurm online steam folder Right-click the Launcher and run as Administrator to log in an alt

Edited by Lovelie

2 hours ago, Lovelie said:

I've got 2 characters logged in on Steam right now, used to follow a "multi steam client" guide found somewhere here on the forum, but now I just open the wurm online steam folder Right-click the Launcher and run as Administrator to log in an alt

Ah wasnt aware that was possible, good to know :)

5 hours ago, KingDD said:

well that sucks. what is the point of using steam client then?

thanks for the quick reply

It's a part of being on the steam platform, the steam client offers no benefit over the first party client, it's just for people who find the game via steam