Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28-SEP-2022

Sounds like the best course of action is to play it out for a month or two and see how it feels. 

Theorycrafting is fine to a degree, but when there's the ability to experience it first hand, you'll likely get a better understanding of how it all feels now. 

52 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Mind you, Finn, he is NFI where rifts are fairly new. I doubt that any rift node is left alone there. It will be in the future of course, but that will take time unless the clusters are merged.

that is another problem.. rift resources are scarce, even on sfi.. you need to go to rifts... you get a chance to go to rifts once on a blood moon if a red rabbit jumped twice over your curb during your sleep....(you get the idea how rare it is)

rifts happen at terrible times, that never changed, best scenario is to have one during the day and your play-hours during the weekend and oh my.. just imagine.. you're somehow not busy or have planned to relax, now you need to be on rift duty and go dump 1 hour on content with unchanged rewards for the past few years.. just to get few rift resource scraps which burn bright and fast get used up if you use hell horses to lower their age 

Edited by Finnn

If there is a problem with rift nodes being depleted before everyone gets a chance, maybe make it so everyone gets a shot? Put them on a timer / lik them to rift points? Idk.  It seems current limits are in place so as to not flood the player economy with runes and keep things balanced.  I.E. woodcutters provide for fine carpenters etc.  Am fine with the skill limits on gathering, makes something to work for, just maybe even if you don't have needed skill to get the actual rift mats, make the nodes function as meteorites as far as resources - normal mats with a slight bonus to whatever you'd otherwise get, would work well with nodes open once for everyone.

• Like 1

The updated fog is pretty for med-distance areas but looks strange on far mountains - the issue is likely that the air is not foggy only the landmass:

On 10/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, Ekcin said:

It is similar to the "tagging" whining. If the points were attributed based on damage there would be whining about those with higher FS and better weapons collecting more rewards, like now about rift mat harvesters with higher skill. It will never end, and the devs have better to do than programming after that moving target.

I know we're in an age of awarding everyone for mediocrity, but really, a dozen noobs would not impact the progress of the event compared to a dozen skilled and equipped veteran fighters.  If you removed those dozen noobs from the fight, you probably wouldn't even notice them missing.  But if you remove those dozen skilled and equipped veteran fighters, the event might not even succeed.  My mediocre skills and equipment should not net me the same rewards as those more skilled and better equipped.

And maybe that's part of the problem too... considering you need only minimal effort to achieve all the rewards, maybe there are many who otherwise would be best suited to complete the event are just jumping in long enough to get their "credit", rather than being forced to earn their credit.  Perhaps that is part of the reason the rifts would take so long, if people are running around tagging everything instead of actually killing things.  The rest of us who don't (or didn't) understand how to farm the most points were the ones trying to kill things were the least suited for it.

But if that group of noobs can barely be noticed in the event's completion, why should they receive the same credit as the skilled and equipped veterans, the ones you could not complete the event without (assuming everyone puts in the effort)?  Let the promise of more and better rewards be a reason to improve or apply yourself.  Otherwise, why bother?

21 hours ago, MordosKull said:

It's also a bit unfair sometimes too in that while some players are doing the work to finish the rift (burning, etc), other players are already just waiting at rift nodes, ready to harvest. When the rift finishes, they're well into harvesting, while those that were working to close the rift are now trying to locate unattended nodes and get to them. It's sort of like firing the starting pistol at a race while only some runners are positioned at the starting line.

I hadn't considered this, since I'm usually one of the ones hanging out near a node in the hopes that I am able to get something from it before it disappears, considering my aforementioned mediocre skills and equipment.

Perhaps some bonus should be given to those actually working the event to reflect their efforts on the part of closing the rift, such as a head-start in the ability to harvest nodes before the rest of us unwashed masses can?  Maybe something else?  Who knows.

22 hours ago, MordosKull said:

It's also a bit unfair sometimes too in that while some players are doing the work to finish the rift (burning, etc), other players are already just waiting at rift nodes, ready to harvest. When the rift finishes, they're well into harvesting, while those that were working to close the rift are now trying to locate unattended nodes and get to them. It's sort of like firing the starting pistol at a race while only some runners are positioned at the starting line.

This actually sparked an idea in my head.

I did notice this s**** behavior in many rifts where I would mine a rift crystal then someone with a rare 100 woa pick would start harvesting from mine and basically he'd get 4 crystals, I'd get one. I've seen it happen too many times. Now maybe it doesn't happen as often due to the amount of rifts everywhere and less player interest, but when rifts were fairly new, it was a common occurrence. 

1. Change rift mining so not everyone can mine. You can mine an X amount of times based on your participation pts. 

So for example someone with 100 participation points can harvest 20 times then that's it. He hits the cap and can no longer harvest from that rift. 

Someone with 20 pts, can only harvest 4 times.

2. Do not remove rift trees / crystals/ stones after people harvest them. Change their decay rate to 1000x after 24 hours from when the rift is closed so basically they decay in a few days completely. 

This way ensures that people who fought the hardest in rifts can also harvest more as is their due. This also ensures that people who want to leech resources after a rift closes don't screw over those who actively worked to close it in the first place. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elentari said:

This actually sparked an idea in my head.

I did notice this s**** behavior in many rifts where I would mine a rift crystal then someone with a rare 100 woa pick would start harvesting from mine and basically he'd get 4 crystals, I'd get one. I've seen it happen too many times. Now maybe it doesn't happen as often due to the amount of rifts everywhere and less player interest, but when rifts were fairly new, it was a common occurrence. 

1. Change rift mining so not everyone can mine. You can mine an X amount of times based on your participation pts. 

So for example someone with 100 participation points can harvest 20 times then that's it. He hits the cap and can no longer harvest from that rift. 

Someone with 20 pts, can only harvest 4 times.

2. Do not remove rift trees / crystals/ stones after people harvest them. Change their decay rate to 1000x after 24 hours from when the rift is closed so basically they decay in a few days completely. 

This way ensures that people who fought the hardest in rifts can also harvest more as is their due. This also ensures that people who want to leech resources after a rift closes don't screw over those who actively worked to close it in the first place. 

"cool" but you need 10-15 runes or more based on rng, etc.. etc.. every 2 months irl.. you maybe get to go to 2-3 rifts with a lot of effort and a lot of wasted time into something you do not want any part of..

Do you think that is good way to maintain hh horse age, or would it be great if you pay 4 silver to get 2kg of rift material instead to safe on time?

I'd like to see more rift camps or w/e.. to counter the nerve building over somebody greedy enough to walk into a node you gather already instead of finding it's own free one..

Some have no clue that's irritating, other do it on purpose, 1 way to step aside from nonsense changes and building more rage is to have easier ways to get the else needed resource to maintain reasonable amounts of runes needed every once in a while.

rifts happen at bad times, takes some time, big participation(many people around) means less resource as reward for everybody(IF all decide to gather it) 

or another alternative is to get 1-2-3-5kg of rift materials per x/y/z participation points directly in inventory

Edited by Finnn

Please do not engage in NFI/SFI flame wars.

Pandalet (LFM)

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this