Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28-SEP-2022

Server Changes:

• Change: Changes to Rifts:
    • Removed 1 wave from rifts, this reduces the total creatures spawned by about 40%
    • Rift Warmaster now gives 20 points instead of 1.
  • Change: Change to the Defiance Meditation cap:
    • The meditation level cap has been removed from Defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal Defiance meditation cap still for now but any path can level it up as high as they want.
    • Reduced the time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by half, the skill requirements will stay the same and this will effect all paths and all levels.

Client Changes:

• Fix: Fixed a shader crash on new Mesa drivers.
  • Fix: Buffed Fog – it should now show better in the modern renderer.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Change: Changes to Rifts:

• Removed 1 wave from rifts, this reduces the total creatures spawned by about 40%

YESSS! Thank you devs for listening to the players.

So instead of taking 1 hour and 18 using 9 characters to close the rift were looking at maybe 35 minutes ?

Not sure if this is good or bad  .

• Like 1

Just now, Damascus said:

So instead of taking 1 hour and 18 using 9 characters to close the rift were looking at maybe 35 minutes ?

Not sure if this is good or bad  .

If it turns out to be to fast now we can always add some of the removed creatures back do let us know how it feels during your next rift.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Server Changes:

As far as I know, you get points for kills and damage dealt (or other things like heals), lowering the total amount of creatures by ~40% is lowering the total points you can earn as well, no?

Talking more about the rift points for the "Rift point shop". Or is everything just relative to the time of your rift participation and not like "1 kill = 1 point"?

• Like 2

In Harmony it seems taking 1.5 hours at best, 2.5 to 3 hours for slower ones, something like that… With something like 30 to 60 characters participating? The upper limit was definitely feeling too long. I thought maybe it’s a difficulty scaling issue, but maybe removing a wave will work.

See you at the rift in a couple days :)

Edited by Lovelie

Does removing a rift wave has an effect on reaching the phenomenal status for not so advanced fighters? And does that affect the rewards in your inventory at the rift end in some way?

Edited by Emmett
typo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: Change to the Defiance Meditation cap:
    • The meditation level cap has been removed from Defiance, only knowledge will gain any effect from above the normal Defiance meditation cap still for now but any path can level it up as high as they want.
    • Reduced the time cool down between meditation level ups for defiance by half, the skill requirements will stay the same and this will effect all paths and all levels.

I wonder if those players who cried for this will actually move to Defiance permanently like they said they would.

Praise to making rifts actually somewhat bearable \o/

Any chance the rift point rewards will be looked at? Only real worthwhile one is the shatter prot, shoulder pads are generally just looked at for cosmetics

1 hour ago, BattleWall said:

I wonder if those players who cried for this will actually move to Defiance permanently like they said they would.

Hopefully we might see you there :D wait.....

Thank you for giving us what everyone else already has.... nice patch long overdue

Edited by Pnutp

2 hours ago, Donutkebab said:

As far as I know, you get points for kills and damage dealt (or other things like heals), lowering the total amount of creatures by ~40% is lowering the total points you can earn as well, no?

Talking more about the rift points for the "Rift point shop". Or is everything just relative to the time of your rift participation and not like "1 kill = 1 point"?

It has long been known that points are rewarded for the amount of mobs you can target / number of people priests heal.

Damage delt and Healing done never counted towards the points received. In the end, unless they changed how many points you get per mob targeted, there will be less points gained in total as there will be less mobs to even target. This will mean lesser amounts of rift reward points earned, and lower ql and weight of moonmetals, as those were always based upon the amount of points that you were able to build up during the fight. The difference between 200 points and 400+ points during a rift could mean the difference of 80ql rewards and high 90ql rewards, as well as the number of rift reward points.

This change would seem to mean you have to attend more rifts to get the same amount of rift reward points, that you used to spend on the shoulder pads and the such, just each rift will be shorter, but now you just have to attend more of the shorter rifts....Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

• Like 3

Hi, I appreciate that PoK is finally being brought to Defiance. Unfortunately, it is not working. I have been unable to get a question after many attempts, with a very high quality rug and plenty of skill.

Did you forget to push the new client binary? It's still on the one from 2022-09-13 with crc32 of aa86dad0

• Like 1

Awesome change for rifts. The biggest challenge was finding the time to complete them since they were too long for me. Happy to see this adjustment :)

3 hours ago, Batolemaeus said:

Did you forget to push the new client binary? It's still on the one from 2022-09-13 with crc32 of aa86dad0

The deploy indeed did not get kicked off for the client, the new client version should be out now thanks for letting us know.

4 hours ago, Pnutp said:

@DarklordsIt appears we still cant pass 9 on defiance? 

Taking a look into that ty.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Darklords said:

The deploy indeed did not get kicked off for the client, the new client version should be out now thanks for letting us know.

Congratulations, you found a bug in the test client: <Unable to link program (program.terrain_light.multipass): class.eXXVb2yegY: <no message>>

The shader program is binary identical to the one in the old version.

I'm guessing the deploy didn't get kicked off because nothing changed? I call shenanigans on the client patch notes.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Batolemaeus said:

Congratulations, you found a bug in the test client: <Unable to link program (program.terrain_light.multipass): class.eXXVb2yegY: <no message>>

The shader program is binary identical to the one in the old version.

I'm guessing the deploy didn't get kicked off because nothing changed? I call shenanigans on the client patch notes.

Was a little premature on my post but the new build is actually now out if you relog it should pull down sorry about that.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Was a little premature on my post but the new build is actually now out if you relog it should pull down sorry about that.

Z04eYqt.gif

I see that was an incredibly complicated fix.

9 hours ago, DevBlog said:

7 hours ago, gnomegates said:

This will mean lesser amounts of rift reward points earned, and lower ql and weight of moonmetals, as those were always based upon the amount of points that you were able to build up during the fight. The difference between 200 points and 400+ points during a rift could mean the difference of 80ql rewards and high 90ql rewards, as well as the number of rift reward points.

Not against the change, but definitely see an unintended consequence of 95+ ql moonmetals becoming impossible except for fo priests, 90+ ql may near be impossible except for the top 5 or so. Perhaps increasing points by 40% or adding an additional pool of points to 40% to damage dealt/healing done would be nice. 

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of less rift points per a rift.  I didn't see a problem with the length of a rift before. Was this change because some players were forcibly closing rifts on last wave before finishing off Warmaster?

imo, better changes are ones that focus on reducing the time it takes to participate in a rift.

1. Make it easier to get to a rift. I know there would be huge turnout for rifts if we could teleport to them from our deeds. And teleport home afterwards. These teleports wouldn't be gated in any way. no karma spells, endgame meditation abilities, endgame priest spells, no nothing.

2. Make them far more common and many will always be active on a server. Each of these will have significantly less mobs. Again, the goal here is to reduce the time we have to spend to participate.

3. Let a player(s) summon a rift wherever player wants. There needs to be some limits here to stop too many from being summoned. Say once a IRL week a player gets a rift summon. That play can go out and do a solo run or could team up with a group who also use thier summons to bring forth a harder rifst.

48 minutes ago, Skullripz said:

The rifts were entirely too long for normal people. Great change. Thank you. 

Agreed here. Better to keep rifts in 3 waves as they were originally designed. 

As for people fearing point loss, this can be mitigated by : 1. Increase rift pts from casters / summoners to 2 pts per mob.

2. Increase rift ogre mage pts to 3.

3. Increase rift ogre pts to 3 or 4. 

It makes obvious sense since it takes way longer to kill the stronger mobs. 

Keep in mind for a lot of us traveling to rifts and doing 4 waves is an enormous time investment. Making rifts in 3 waves is a good step in the right direction. 

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this