Sign in to follow this  
Stinboi

Calling out to all the chefs

Hey Everyone.

A few days ago i turned on my oven to make some affinity food for the first time in a long time, and boy was i supreised when my delicious meals that used to give 2-3h affinity now only gave 20min.

i learned that this was a change in the cooking system that ive missed(probably when coffee was added?),

I have been using azurewebsites.net to make my meals earlier, but looking for advice to boost my aff timer up again.

This site also now gives the wrong affinity which ive heard from others aswell.

So my question is if theres an updated tool that can be used? is there an updated guide?

And what food is best for affinity now? Pizza?

Pizzas with 10 sausages and 30 ingredients and no dulicates gave me a 12hour affinity pizza a week ago, dont know what meal you made :)

And the affinity was the right one that I wanted to make too.

(Dont know if skill has something to say when it comes to the timer, but im at 88 in HFC)

Edited by Willslaphansien

Apparently if you use pre-chopped herbs/veggies that were stored in a fsb, the affinity timer drops drastically (when I first encountered the problem, my usual 16-18hr affinity pizza was reduced to something ridiculous, 30 minutes or so; ever since, I chop the ..choppables when I have to cook, although at times is very very inconvenient, and the problem never occured again). If you make pizza, the sausages in it can make a huge difference for the timer.

Indeed, https://wurm.azurewebsites.net messes up the affinities sometimes, but only for some people (it will always mess the affinities for Jenny, if it did it once, but never for Johnny, for example); a workaround I found is to make meals instead pizza for the troubled ones, and that never fails.

I do not know what exactly you do and how you cook, but I hope something will work for you. Happy cooking!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Willslaphansien said:

Pizzas with 10 sausages and 30 ingredients and no dulicates gave me a 12hour affinity pizza a week ago, dont know what meal you made :)

And the affinity was the right one that I wanted to make too.

(Dont know if skill has something to say when it comes to the timer, but im at 88 in HFC)

I will try making this super sausages pizza :), i have been making regular meals with chopped veggies, minced meat, nuts and salt, my HFC is 91 so shouldnt be a problem.

42 minutes ago, Evening said:

Apparently if you use pre-chopped herbs/veggies that were stored in a fsb, the affinity timer drops drastically (when I first encountered the problem, my usual 16-18hr affinity pizza was reduced to something ridiculous, 30 minutes or so; ever since, I chop the ..choppables when I have to cook, although at times is very very inconvenient, and the problem never occured again). If you make pizza, the sausages in it can make a huge difference for the timer.

Indeed, https://wurm.azurewebsites.net messes up the affinities sometimes, but only for some people (it will always mess the affinities for Jenny, if it did it once, but never for Johnny, for example); a workaround I found is to make meals instead pizza for the troubled ones, and that never fails.

I do not know what exactly you do and how you cook, but I hope something will work for you. Happy cooking!

Made like i said above regular meals with 14 ingred, all where pre chopped and its really inconvienient like you said to have to chop it up for every meals.

Also i used that site for years without any problem earlier.

Guess its time to do some testing and switch from meals to pizza, thanks.

• Like 1

My affinity meals (+18 ingredients, no repeats) made with pre-chopped/ground and fsb-ed veg, herbs and spices but freshly minced meat give me approx 3.5-4.5hr timers at around 90something HFC - it's not often I'm doing any one thing for more than 4 hours without a break so that does me just fine. I get much longer affinities out of pizzas, but find them more faff than they're worth for anything but CCFP right now. Haven't tried freshly chopping everything for meals in a while (used to do it for pizzas), but will have a go a little later and see how much of a difference it makes, for science. 

1 hour ago, crimsonearth said:

My affinity meals (+18 ingredients, no repeats) made with pre-chopped/ground and fsb-ed veg, herbs and spices but freshly minced meat give me approx 3.5-4.5hr timers at around 90something HFC - it's not often I'm doing any one thing for more than 4 hours without a break so that does me just fine. I get much longer affinities out of pizzas, but find them more faff than they're worth for anything but CCFP right now. Haven't tried freshly chopping everything for meals in a while (used to do it for pizzas), but will have a go a little later and see how much of a difference it makes, for science. 

hmm, Maybe that my pre chopped veggies is before the update may have something to do?, i will test with newer chopped veggies in fsb and see if that has effect.

for me 3 hours is usually more then enough aswell, so regular meals has been my go to, pizzas is a bit more tedious to make.

There has been a very known bug with FSB's for at least 3-4 years that pre-chopped veggies, herbs and spices can completely lose that information when added back to the FSB. If it happens to you, it means your FSB is affected. Changing an ingredient by chopping, milling and other adds complexity to the ingredient, when you use an item that has complexity added to it, you multiply your affinity timer by complexity and quality. Each unique item counts towards this, multiples do not save for the first one which is counted as 'unique'. I have heard but not had the chance to test if you remove all of an ingredient from a bugged fsb, and put a freshly made one in it can sometimes fix it, cant promise it will but worth a try.

1 hour ago, Blacklotus said:

There has been a very known bug with FSB's for at least 3-4 years that pre-chopped veggies, herbs and spices can completely lose that information when added back to the FSB. If it happens to you, it means your FSB is affected. Changing an ingredient by chopping, milling and other adds complexity to the ingredient, when you use an item that has complexity added to it, you multiply your affinity timer by complexity and quality. Each unique item counts towards this, multiples do not save for the first one which is counted as 'unique'. I have heard but not had the chance to test if you remove all of an ingredient from a bugged fsb, and put a freshly made one in it can sometimes fix it, cant promise it will but worth a try.

Are you sure this is a bug? Losing the extra information sounds like intentional design. 

no change.. same old mess

just use bigger variety to make the meal difficult, try to stay away from using 3-5-15x corn or garlic.. and such, lots of same thing wont be good for your timer; also meals suck... timer's pretty short, make pizzas instead, try to stick around 22-25 ingredients, you'll get 8-14/+ hour timers, even if you have recipe with 5 of same thing, etc 

try wurmfood.com

Edited by Finnn

tested with freshly chopped veggies last night and aff timer went back to around 3-4h + the meals from the generator went back to giving the right affinity again, so its def the old chopped ingred thats "broken".

I will do some chopping later and put it in a new empty FSB to see if thats work, if this is an old bug as mention i have never had any problems with it before.

If not its not a problem, but its a big + to have everything ready beforehand :)

19 minutes ago, Finnn said:

no change.. same old mess

just use bigger variety to make the meal difficult, try to stay away from using 3-5-15x corn or garlic.. and such, lots of same thing wont be good for your timer; also meals suck... timer's pretty short, make pizzas instead, try to stick around 22-25 ingredients, you'll get 8-14/+ hour timers, even if you have recipe with 5 of same thing, etc 

try wurmfood.com

Yeah i used to make pizzas, but meals has been easier and faster to make, trying to limit my time in the kitchen, and the few hours i have gotten from meals has been enough.

• Like 1

you cant easily go past 4hour affinity with meals.. and I think they had some sort of easy to reach time cap, haven't bothered to look into options there as pans have limited space... using them to make complex food to save time.. is only backfiring and making you cook another aff food soon enough.... 

reconsider how you save time👍

On 9/28/2022 at 5:23 PM, Finnn said:

you cant easily go past 4hour affinity with meals.. and I think they had some sort of easy to reach time cap, haven't bothered to look into options there as pans have limited space... using them to make complex food to save time.. is only backfiring and making you cook another aff food soon enough.... 

reconsider how you save time👍

usually my meals has been between 3-3.5h, and its not often ive needed more then that, those meals has been enough to get me past 90 and more.

Thats why meals ha been the easiest choice for me since i dont have to bother with measuring jugs etc, all i need is to drop the veggies in the pan and cut meat and its done, easy and fast :D.

But i guess its very individual what people prefer.

Also we have cutted up new veggies and stored them in FSB, and now the aff timer has gone up again.

The one we had before was cutted a few years back, so may have been something messing up when the new cooking update was released,

I made a comment in this bug report post explaining what's going on as well as how to fix it. There's some bugs going on. Feel free to read that if you want to fix your broken ingredients (as well as wants to avoid the issue in the future):

Edited by Borstaskor