Sign in to follow this  
MrCak

Beverage Titles - Second look

Beverages has undoubtedly evolved from a nary used skill to a key qol skill.

Perhaps I am alone in thinking this, but aside from the first title the beverage titles are some of the weakest and least relevant to the skill in the game.

I would love an opportunity for us to tweak it as a community

(Would also be nice if all skills got boosts from titles instead of just the one)

Personally I like the 90 title more than any of the others. I'm not a huge fan of the 100 title and never use it.

Comes down to personal preference. I highly doubt they will change the titles. 

Sommelier for life.

The first three are pretty great. Heck, Sommelier is a big reason I did the grind to 90.  Apart from that, the 100 skill title is generally chosen by the first person to reach that milestone. So, it's unlikely you'll see these changed.

I'm confused as to why they're not relevant, could you elaborate your reasoning? 

5 hours ago, MrCak said:

(Would also be nice if all skills got boosts from titles instead of just the one)

Yeah, I don't understand why only one title gives bonus stuff while all the others give nothing. Just strange. Err wait... Now I'm looking on the wiki and it says "Using a title of the appropriate skill while improving items that count as human or horse armour gives a bonus to imping". 

Like you, I always thought it was just help with imps on armor. Do other titles also give imp bonuses like it says? 

13 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

Yeah, I don't understand why only one title gives bonus stuff while all the others give nothing. Just strange. Err wait... Now I'm looking on the wiki and it says "Using a title of the appropriate skill while improving items that count as human or horse armour gives a bonus to imping". 

Like you, I always thought it was just help with imps on armor. Do other titles also give imp bonuses like it says? 

For example, Horseshoe counts as "horse armor", so using Blacksmithing title helps imp Horseshoe.

17 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

For example, Horseshoe counts as "horse armor", so using Blacksmithing title helps imp Horseshoe.

Oh ok, I see. It looks like it's any skills relevant to armor - leatherworking, cloth tailoring, etc.

Blacksmithing isn't denoted as doing that though on the titles page.

Thanks for the clarity Lovelie.

If I recall rolf explaining it correctly, It's pvp reasons, a lot of armour and horse gear reimping and creation, designed to get people back into the fight quicker

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, Lovelie said:

I was told that armor smithing is the only one with this functionality

On 9/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, Archaed said:

I'm confused as to why they're not relevant, could you elaborate your reasoning? 

These days we have more than just wine and more than just alchohol. Nearly all beverages are brewed and we have zero brewing titles.

All the titles seem to be about things you don't use the beverage skill for (aside from sommelier) like selling or consuming. Caffeine, moonshine, beer, liquors. 

But mostly the 70 title which is too similar as we have achievement titles for consuming alcohol already, would love to see a brewing or non-booze title to denote how broad this skill have gotten over the years.

There's only coffee and tea that's non alcoholic though? 

Cocoa drinks including xocolatl which is the highest difficulty beverage item I believe. For what it is worth these aren't alcoholic. As are all the oils which used to be the only actual useful product.