Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Visit my deed - marketing (or adventure) idea

With the awesome video streams of Joshuacalvert, people have the rare chance to get a glimpse of what other people do on their deeds.  However, many times the deeds are visited without the owner present as it is just whatever comes up randomly while the scout travels the space.  There could be a second option here, since many people would love to show their deeds and take a visitor on a tour - even into areas which would usually be locked.  Perhaps the Wurm marketing team or just someone with the technical skill and time, could do some deed "showcases" if people nominate their deed for such an event.  There could be a thread opened and pinned "Visit my deed" with owner and how to contact in game or forums. The creator of the videos can contact to arrange suitable time for the visit.  All the videos can be posted in a forum thread so others can view it later.  Unfortunately I don't have the skill or time but just thought it is something which someone else may want to do.

• Like 5

Would be good to have a thread up and running, as there are quite a few wurm streamers these could be picked up by them if they wanted too and a visit organised, esp with time zones coming into the mix.

Or if there are any plans to resart the offical wurm stream channel this would also be a good marketing and promotion aspect for Wurm.

There is a lot of unseen history just waiting to be seen out there.

• Like 1

I think that this would be an amazing thing to have, like a big registry of all the most amazing deeds and places (that also have mayors who are open to visitors.) Almost like a travel guide for Wurm. Gets my +1!

• Like 2

Not sure it's possible,  but perhaps it could be integrated with the community maps (maybe those who want their deeds to be on the registry shows up like a symbol on the map). Was just thinking that I've seen so many deeds in decay, so someone would need to keep the list up to date. The fewer places to maintain active deeds that may help.
But either way, it's a good idea since it encourages folks to get out and travel. :)

I don't totally understand the idea.

I spend a lot of time making special places for players to discover, in the far SW of Exodus.

So it's far from easy to get to, but may challenge new players to go beyond the grind and be inspired.

Josuhacalvert, visited my deed ages ago and again recently, it reinvigorated me to see others excited by my work.
So if it is a Lonely Planet type thing I think it might be cool.

Although I might need to ask for a Wurm upgrade to include bins ;) and tourist stalls ;)