Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

hell horses - hounted house - halloween bugs emerge

hell horses.. on 1st ground floor.. attacking player on 2nd floor.. yup.. it's a thing

and yes.. they do attack, and cause damage, cant climb stairs etc.. but cause damage through floors..

Can they not climb stairs? I had 2 animals recently walk upstairs indoors. A bear that went untame on first floor and then literally climbed up the steps to attack me on second floor and a chicken that ran up the steps and then out through the solid roof when I tried to recapture it after coming out of its coop for lack of food. (I posted about the chicken in bugs thread but not the bear)

Animals getting smarter and chickens getting magical.

• Like 1

Attacking through the floor has been a thing for a while afaik. Happens all the time in my cave storage area. Mobs wander in (arched lower walls) and will attack me through floor when I'm on the floor above them. The whole fight can play out, to the death, with them landing blows as well as me, but you have to move to just the right sweet spot to land regular hits, otherwise hits are infrequent.

Edited by MordosKull

May I just ask if these animals are attacking/moving, in buildings that specifically have bridges joined on to them? Or can it be without a bridge anywhere near them?

5 hours ago, Pomona said:

May I just ask if these animals are attacking/moving, in buildings that specifically have bridges joined on to them? Or can it be without a bridge anywhere near them?

Both buildings have bridges attached to them, however, the animals aren't coming in via a bridge. I'm aware of that issue and see it happen often enough.

In the case of the bear and the chicken, they had already been in the building for quite some time, no use of bridge to pop inside. Bear went untame and climbed the steps before my eyes after attacking through floor. In the case of the chicken, it just ran up the steps and continued on a course that looked like it was climbing invisible steps above the real ones to finally poof through the roof to the outside. In my cave storage area, although a bridge is connected as a ramp to the second floor, mobs typically wander in on the first floor through the arched/open walls then begin attacking me through the floor if I'm upstairs - no bridge involved (unless somehow in the code it's causing the attack-through-floors ability?)

Hope that helps

Yes that helps MordosKull, I can get this tested better with this information. Thank you. :) 

• Like 3

On 9/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, Pomona said:

nearest bridge is maybe 200-500 tiles away if not more

hitched to cart 2 hhs indoors on lower ground-floor

Not sure if it belongs in this thread but I just fought a lava fiend through a bridge. I was on the ground to the side of the bridge, he was on the second bridge portion going up (bridge/ramp). RIP mob poking me through railing of wooden bridge.