Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

UI Closes but Client remains active in background

Gud'morning Dev Team,

Sunday, Sept 25th, 2022 at 16:03 GMT

Been experiencing multiples of this event for past two weeks and thought I should let you know about it.

System is W-10, brand new with 12 gen i5's, six cores, with 16gigs of RAM, 26gig Virtual RAM and many gigs of empty SSHD space.

First:  Sorry but no Crash Logs.... 

.... as the UI Closes but Client remains active in back ground according to Task Manager.

Events and system loading at time of event....

Usually running two or three clients (which uses up about 30% of RAM and same for CPU load on top of the normal system operating loads).

So total system load for RAM is under 55% and CPU is running at 25 to 30%.

Usually I am travelling, out doing a map survey, so all three UI's are seeing constant scenery changing.

(me and a pair of Tail Gunners to help deal with multiple mobs when surveying places not so frequently travelled).

After about 3 to 4 hours, one of the alts will vanish !!!!

The UI just closes.....

But I would not get a Crash Log window.

and I would not see "<name> lost link" msg in the Events Tab.

At first I would just restart the alt's who crashed.

But I was unaware that the Client never Crashed, just shut down the UI but remained running in the back ground.

Discovery...

Finally I started looking at Task Manager after coming one morning into our computer room and found the room was warm from my system running very warm overnight.

I had properly F12 Logged the x3 alts off the night before but Task Manager showed me that a Client was still running ....

... and now using up to 50% of the CPU cycles and a ton of RAM.

But Client had no avatar name associated with it, it was just running but all of my alts had been properly logged off.

So I submit this puzzle to you folks.   The UI closes but the client remains up in the back ground.

Respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy since 2016