Sign in to follow this  
Cohenworrior

Big ships made out of oak & cedar . . .

How about giving bigger ships with all keels and masts out of oak and hull and deck planks made entirely out of cedar having a higher chance of being rare upon completion or when improving?

It would encourage players to plant more oak and cedar.

And historically we have the royal woods where the oaks for the future navy were planted.

i dunno about you but i have huge groves of both oak and cedar growing on my deeds in both north and south freedom clusters

In fact, wooden item building by wood type in Wurm does not work this way. It may seem counter immersive, but the last wooden bit added to an unfinished item determines the wood type. So, from a single oaken log,  one can finish 120 oaken caravels when using pegs.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 1:05 PM, kordethbludscythe said:

i dunno about you but i have huge groves of both oak and cedar growing on my deeds in both north and south freedom clusters

And now they can be useful.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:04 PM, Ekcin said:

In fact, wooden item building by wood type in Wurm does not work this way. It may seem counter immersive, but the last wooden bit added to an unfinished item determines the wood type. So, from a single oaken log,  one can finish 120 oaken caravels when using pegs.

I suggest adding this especially for the bigger ships. There's no conflict with the wood mechanic as it is now.