Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Make Shatter Protection the *last* thing to dispel

Shatter Protection is one of the most desirable enchants in the game.

It's something that the player paid good money for (12 silver at current NFI prices, and I think 5s on SFI) 

And yet, If I examine an item with shatter protection...

[17:54:21] It is enchanted with Monster Demise and will be more effective against monsters.
[17:54:21] Nimbleness has been cast on it, so it increase the chance to hit. [98]
[17:54:21] Shatter Protection has been cast on it, so it protects against damage when spells are cast upon it [100]
[17:54:21] Life Transfer has been cast on it, so it will transfer life to you when harming enemies. [90]
[17:54:21] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [102]
[17:54:21] A steel rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce damage taken (10%)

... it's one of the first things that would be removed if someone cast Dispel on the item.

That's just wrong.

As I see it, there's no reason why anyone should want to dispel the shatter protection before dispelling, say, LT or CoC (either of which could shatter the item on a re-cast).

In a perfect world, a player could choose what to dispel - but that would require a significant change to how the spell works.

Failing that... it should be an easy enough change to move it to the end of the list. That way, it will never actually be dispelled.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 5

+1

but in a perfect world, we could select what we want to dispel!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Synjor said:

+1

Yes.  Our our priests so inept at magic that they can't even discern what spells they are targeting?

9 minutes ago, Synjor said:

+1

Especially now that Archaeology runes and enchants are working as intended (testing in progress)

11 minutes ago, Synjor said:

+1

but that would require a significant change to how the spell works.

This would be nice, you'd probably want to move runes and salves to the end too. I agree the better solution would be either targeted dispel or a rework of the recast bonus.

Edit: Thinking about it again the recast bonus is only one side of it, targeted dispel would still be needed to swap out enchants.

Edited by Lethyria

5 hours ago, Lethyria said:

This would be nice, you'd probably want to move runes and salves to the end too. I agree the better solution would be either targeted dispel or a rework of the recast bonus.

Edit: Thinking about it again the recast bonus is only one side of it, targeted dispel would still be needed to swap out enchants.

Salves are a bit of a different matter, no reason to slap them on before you're fully done casting. Makes less sense to wipe all your enchants if you just want to change your damage type.

+1 to fixing this issue if runes and metallic liquid get put to the end of the list like they belong

• Like 1

+1, The whole point is to prevent shattering. Not be removed while trying to further an enchant. I would also love to be able to choose which spell we are dispelling. That way the order doesn't matter. 

• Like 2