Sign in to follow this  
FIREDRAGON

Treasure maps as creature drops

18 hours ago, Archaed said:

I'm beginning to think that people on the forum don't know /s means sarcasm. 

There's lots of good ways of implementing this, the only question is whether the dev team thinks it fits their vision, the rest is just arguing semantics and getting annoyed with other posters for literally no benefit. 

Discussions and debates are healthy forms of problem solving and idea sharing and I don't see anyone getting annoyed. Would be nice to hear a dev chime in on the probability of this being implemented though.

4 hours ago, Katrat said:

Discussions and debates are healthy forms of problem solving and idea sharing and I don't see anyone getting annoyed. Would be nice to hear a dev chime in on the probability of this being implemented though.

Devs won't chime in, that's not the purpose of this. Thus my comment about people going back and forth about semantics 

On 9/21/2022 at 1:43 AM, FIREDRAGON said:

A player that enjoys farming won't be as excited about treasure hunting as a player that likes hunting/exploring

I'd have to disagree i have 92 farming and I still explore, as does a friend of mine who also has high farming. I'd look at it as a bit of fun for later. 

On 9/25/2022 at 5:09 PM, Idlamn said:

But now finding a casket when burrying mobs that's a nice way to implement this and encourage players to burry stuff

As someone that also hunts a lot the idea of them on bury would make me clean up after my kills more regularly than I do but still probably not all the time. One of the WU mods gave karma for bury and i didn't always bother.

Maybe have the Warmaster (from Rift) have a small chance to drop a treasure map. As it stance now. There really is not a reason to kill the Warmaster.

- You have to go out to the rift, & kill WM.

- Low chance of dropping.

- Rifts are not everyday

- not everyone can got to Rifts due to time zones, real life commitments, ext ext

- More often then not people will just burn the rift closed.

For those reasons noted above. I feel there is room to at least talk about adding treasure maps  to the loot table of Warmaster. 

8 hours ago, gorgian said:

Maybe have the Warmaster (from Rift) have a small chance to drop a treasure map. As it stance now. There really is not a reason to kill the Warmaster.

- You have to go out to the rift, & kill WM.

- Low chance of dropping.

- Rifts are not everyday

- not everyone can got to Rifts due to time zones, real life commitments, ext ext

- More often then not people will just burn the rift closed.

For those reasons noted above. I feel there is room to at least talk about adding treasure maps  to the loot table of Warmaster. 

I'd like to stop that talk..

you already get several silvers from just the moonmetal lump from rifts, along with other unique resource you farm there

ensuring 1 to 3 silvers from sleep powders and maybe bonus loot seems like a good bait for alts...

you'll only turn rifts into stalk event for wm spawn and then see all alts poke the thing while some mains cant get registered.. 

entertaining bot content... nah nuhh.. nope.. I don't see that as good stuff

If there's need for treasures so much.... how about journal or other kind of (bi-)weekly/monthly journal goal to do something.. and get a chest.. for prem accounts?

that's probably best chased in different thread, but yea.. just saying.. if you so much need to here and there do something different.. and you're not into gathering... makes sense to adapt the game to a bit more styles besides the people hooked to terraforming.. and botting on timers, I don't see anything changing until somebody posts a good measure of math and results.. so good/bad things of the mechanic stand out 

Any digging activity should probably have a chance of giving a map, including burying corpses, level, flatten, dig, mine, tunnel.

• Like 1

level is too easy to juice.. action every 5seconds.. with noob stamina it easily stretches to 5min action.. idk how excessively broken it gets at high stam and with pop path

ez pz afk farm..

flatten is similar, maybe if chance is 3x smaller for these actions...

it could still be used to get some but will be highly demotivating to farm with it.. also.. could be tracked by some event logger on server for characters with excessive amount of such actions to be checked by gms

Would like to get treasure maps from fighting mobs.  We already have chances of recipes from killing humanoid mobs and rare coins from all mobs.  Add a chance of a treasure map too.

A fun idea could have mobs drop treasure maps for other servers.  That's an exploration update right there.

coins and maps available for foraging and botanizing, I don't see why getting coins and maps from hunting and burying should be any different. it isn't a matter of making it hard or not, I haven't gotten a map in 3 weeks, I do a fair bit of hunting. and I don't see maps for sale often. not to mention I don't like the idea of buying maps, it goes against my idea of role playing, every map gives reward( imaging people producing fake maps irl?)? why not make maps way more common and rewards less valuable, like maybe give timed titles(like pilager, seeker, founder, old deed ruin excivator etc), or having mobs drop random items/frags that would have been found via archeology during the map finding.

I think also making a system where player can create treasure maps/chests and stock them with there own crafted items.( idk what the reward would be for this maybe create a chest, store items in it and bury the chest and it disapears on the map, the items in this chest might increase ql over time or turn into rare bone shards, based on buried ql, level of enchants, etc. on a rng system.) might reward the player with kharma, marks, loyalty, bonus map ql rolls etc. and other players could find their chests instead along with current loot.

Edited by Llawnroc

you can farm maps by being afk somewhere overnight passively, afk