Sign in to follow this  
Coach

What makes you a good looter?

Reasonable behaviour. Not swarming like vultures when deeds show first signs of being a dropping candidate.

• Like 2

keybind Take ?  is that enough to qualify.   if not, got nice lockpicking.  Purloin til you puke.

24 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

keybind Take ?  is that enough to qualify.   if not, got nice lockpicking.  Purloin til you puke.

Gotta bind "take" to scroll wheel for maximum effort.

• Like 1

Much depends whether PvE or PvP. Lockpicking in PvE only for amusement.

In PvE, some restraint and sense for fairness is helpful if you want to avoid to make a fool/nuisance out of yourself. In PvP, if in a good PMK or alliance, your companions will teach you what is appropriate. And so do the opposing factions if you encounter them 😎.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

Stealing under $1000 when I'm in Califailnia, because it's not being prosecuted...

• Like 4

Use the ingame map to mark locations of deeds about to fall (dmg on buildings) and buildings that are near popping with dmg amount and date. Use village markers so any alts can also see them. Check on the progress whenever you're in the area.

Follow the Cadence twitter account and/or the twitter bot on discord.

Live in central Xanadu so you have less competition I guess? :)

Making sure the previous owner is not having a personal crisis. I would say over half the time a large deed pops unexpectedly, it's because the person has lost a family member, or is taking care of a parent in hospice, or is ill, or has a sick child, or something similarly drastic. I think it is really important to talk to any alliance members or neighbors and find out what was going on. If someone is going through a personal crisis and their deed pops, think about what you would like to have happen if this happened to you. That's what I always do, anyway. We can be kind to each other and still make money in a game. But I think it's important to remember that these are pixels and the people behind them are real.

Edited by Nirav
  • Like 7

I have a better one.

What makes this town-square and not woodscraps topic?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I have a better one.

What makes this town-square and not woodscraps topic?

What makes people even respond to OP with a serious answer?

• Like 1

We need looting metrics.

I propose LARFC - Looted Abandoned Rare Forge Count and FARFC - Found Abandoned Rare Forge Count.

If your LARFC/FARFC ratio is very low it means ppl get to your loot faster and you need to up your game. If it's close to 1 you are objectively a good looter that knows all the trix to secure your findings.

Wurm pseudo-science. 

Edited by Idlamn