Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

100 titles credit

Is there any way to know and credit namers of 100 titles on title page? I often wonder who named the ones I can't remember and am sure others do too :) 

Would be awesome if naming credits could be seen since that's kind of a big deal and honor.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Archaed said:

It would be incomplete as some do not want to be named. 

So, then those that can be named?

Well, my point was we're then just building an incomplete list, that's better off in notes than attribution

4 hours ago, Archaed said:

Well, my point was we're then just building an incomplete list, that's better off in notes than attribution

5 hours ago, MordosKull said:

🚯

Edited by MordosKull

Given you missed my point, I'll reiterate. 

Adding those that can be named will form a pretty jank list where only half of them are entered, meaning a rather sparse looking column next to it and I don't think that's a great look, so I'd say no to this. 

Now if you wanted to add a notes section at the bottom for citation of each one, maybe that's doable, but I don't think it's a project that will provide enough information to be worthwhile. 

21 minutes ago, Archaed said:

sparse looking column

who said it has to be column

• Like 3

Just now, Votip said:

who said it has to be column

Let's check:

8 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Is there any way to know and credit namers of 100 titles on title page? I often wonder who named the ones I can't remember and am sure others do too :) 

Would be awesome if naming credits could be seen since that's kind of a big deal and honor.

7 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Nobody...

It could be attribution at the bottom, a separate page, another column, a new wiki website just for 100 skill title credits...

@MordosKullmade a friendly post asking for some information to be added to the Wiki in some way. I for one would also be really interested to know who got 100 in every skill first. I also don't think it would be remotely Wiki-breaking in any way to add it as another column on the table, given that the 100 titles column is already an incomplete list anyway. The whole point of the Wurmpedia is that it's an incomplete collection of knowledge, which does mean some things are missing in some places (and that's fine!).

Anyways, this idea gets my +1, I'd be happy to help with sourcing news posts that have 100 title announcements in.

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

54 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

It could be attribution at the bottom, a separate page, another column, a new wiki website just for 100 skill title credits...

This.   It doesn't matter too much how it would be listed just as long as it's on the titles page or maybe there's a link found on the page to get to the info :) . Great info and accreditation that's missing.

@NeeNeeis it ok for those that know the info to add it somewhere? I imagine, like the rest of the wiki, this would be a group effort and not just incumbent of one or two folks' knowledge.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 2

Yeah my bad, I misinterpreted it and went with that misinterpretation. 

This is something we could do. We have at least a few pages themselves that have the 100 title achievers on them, but not the Titles page itself. I've added a column for those player names, but yes, help gathering all those names would be greatly appreciated! I'll add some extra notes that not all players/namers want to be named. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

This is something we could do. We have at least a few pages themselves that have the 100 title achievers on them, but not the Titles page itself. I've added a column for those player names, but yes, help gathering all those names would be greatly appreciated! I'll add some extra notes that not all players/namers want to be named. 

Awesome stuff, thank you! 

Is there no one with 100 in a characteristic yet? I checked some of the top players on wurmnode and niarja and don't see any. I only ask because there's never been a 100 column on the wurmpedia titles page. Should there be 100 column anyway? As a new player, the lack of a column there might very likely make it seem as if 90 is the best you can do.

• Like 1

As far as I know there is no one with 100 in a characteristic yet. At least not that is public knowledge. As far as I know it is possible as Shydow is currently going for 100 mind logic. So yeah I guess a column would make sense.