Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: What's To Come (Part Two)

This is unexpected and amazing, I love nearly everything about this

• Like 1

This definitely goes in a new direction unexpected , yet i love the lore building aspect of it, giving the game ever more depth and meaning to the surroundings and functionality.  There is a richness about it in the deity realm of  wurm, valrei, and wurm lore by giving more content and texture to that aspect of wurm.  One of the best passive aspects to this addi(c)tion is it'll reinforce decisions for wurmians to congregate.  Group events are much more rewarding than the mechanics of itself but what you leave with beyond the materials or skill gains.  People will build memories with others at the location of these new features.  Well done on the forward thinking!

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 5

So as a chef I have to ask about the new fruit.

Or rather, about using the new fruit.. Will we get a fix to the complexity cap (there's a bug report made for it already)? Because as it stands, I won't be able to use this (seemingly awesome) new update to its fullest if not.

Edited by Borstaskor
Added link to the aforementioned bug report
  • Like 1

This is really cool! I wasn't expecting any part of the Exploration update to have deity/priest-focused content but I think it's an excellent choice. It gives priest characters a lot more reasons to leave deed than they had before.

• Like 2

Holy Sites can also cause creatures to spawn nearby, with the creature type depending on the type of holy site. This may include creature and condition combinations not normally seen, so say hello to champion seals!

Please, dear FO, GIVE ME THIS ONE THING!

• Like 2

Any idea what the minimum distance from deeds for these is? Or is it more of a variable taking map size and population density into account?

Assuming none right by a deed anyways.

14 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Otherworldly Monolith (Magranon): A strange, black obelisk embedded into the ground, found in deserts and other sandy regions. Rummaging around this artifact will reward you with random high-quality metal lumps, including the possibility for alloys, moon metals (if you’re very lucky!) and a brand-new meteoric metal type. The obelisk will also occasionally attract meteorites to land within the Holy Site, providing more resources to take advantage of.

In addition to their usual benefits, a well-maintained Holy Site expiring will also provide PvP-related benefits to the kingdom or deity in question. These details are still being worked on, but may include benefits to the god’s performance in the current Valrei scenario.

So meteoric metal that can be found in Ritual Meteors to? Would be a bit confusing if not with this name.

And the PvP thing is scarry since one Kingdome on Defiance currently envelop 60% of the server landmass and thanks to the 3 people that are good at the game but horrible on pvp (MR injoke sorry) will probably not change in the next yea they basicly rack even more bonuses. Wurm get even more "win more" mechanics will not help the PvP szene at all. Pls just let them have no Kingdom effect and only the same expire benefits then PvE

Edited by Radircs

This is super exciting!! 

8 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

providing various special benefits and interactions to nearby players who worship the god associated with the site.

Does this mean only priests and followers of that specific god can get the benefits at a particular site? If so, I agree with others pointing out how much better the Vynora bonuses are. Hopefully it'll all be balanced nicely in the end :) The whole thing sounds amazing overall!!

• Like 1

An amazing update. Yes, yes, and YES. Did I read that right? A FLESH MONSTER for Libila? Even better.

Can't wait to have this change up the world. Good update.

Will non priests be able to remove corruption, or will this be a feature dedicated to priests, personally I hope it's the former so all people can help if they desire to use the skill.

So fo provides new unique fruit.

Vyn powerful skill gain and affinity gains.

Mag unique fragments and metal.

Lib.... a combat pet with probably the same poor ai tamed pets use. Unless the pet is crazy strong or the improved mind stealer really strong it seems pretty weak compared to the others. Who get some good long term benefits.

Also, as others mentioned how does this work. Only beneficial to those of the religion or can all get the benefits?

If the latter is their bonuses to the correct followers?

How often can these benefits be claimed? Can I get extra meditation ticks every 10 mins? Hour? 12 hour? Day? Week? Once per site? 

Same for the gathering or mind stealing?

How long can a dedicated server keep a site alive?

Will interaction require the character to be premium or will we just be camping alts of the correct faith at these to farm fragments/fruits?

We know it will happen just curious to what extent.

Edited by Eleraan
  • Like 1

Holy Sites, Batman!

This should bring about some new and different variations on the social gathering than the rift / impalong / unique slaying. This is most welcome.

• Like 1

can i be a mag priest and show up to the vyn one and gain the vyn bonuses because those bonuses are busted compared to the rest

• Like 6

I really like the ideas here, except I'm extremely concerned... the buffs will only apply to followers/priests of the specific god?

Vynora followers get extra skill, rares, and possibly affinities and I'll get... to milk cows in the area more often? o.O

I think it's incredibly strange the meditation benefit is proposed for Vynora instead of Fo as well...

I hope I'm misinterpreting this. There are just so many downsides to having it be follower-specific, like the apparent imbalance between gods' benefits and lower turnout for less popular gods.

The imbalance is even more concerning in a PvP light, given that Black Light has one god and White Light has three. I sincerely hope that as the development for this update continues, the PvP community will be solicited for input to help ensure the mechanic is fun and useful.

• Like 3

My main concern is people calling for nerfs on unreleased content.

Stop being so scared to lose the status quo, let the system release and then pass judgement.

Edited by MrCak
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MrCak said:

My main concern is people calling for nerfs on unreleased content.

Stop being so scared to lose the status quo, let the system release and then pass judgement.

Well said.

Also...

Please remember that this is only a partial list of the effects of each holy site, and specific effects may be added, removed, or changed as development continues!

So many questions from so many people.....Why was this released and no one is here monitoring this post and answering questions? 

Drop something this major that raises so many questions, and we get silence!

I think so many of us want to love this new content, but you, the dev team have to help us love it by not leaving us lingering with unanswered questions.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sheffie said:

Well said.

Also...

Asking to play ignorance when we're being shown the vague gist of things is not a smart move. If concerns can be raised before content makes it in, it allows the devs time to reconsider feedback and make appropriate changes. We're hardly freaking out over nothing given that skill, rares and affinities are three of the big status quos in the game.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Karrde said:

Stuffed seal champion puppies

leanne-daphne-sealpup-small.jpg?15968377

THIS RIGHT HERE PLEASE!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Madnath said:

Neat idea but I really think this might be slanted towards Vyn in a weird way.

Are the bonuses limited to the god you follow? As a Mag follower, can I enjoy the Vyn holy site benefits too?

If not, I really think Wellsping of Knowledge is too powerful and maybe should even just be given to every site. Instead, give Vyn something else for that specific holy site so we can all get that one nice bonus and enjoy our gods holy sites for the other additional effects and benefits.

Love the idea, it's incredible and does add a lot to the world and religion, I just think that needs to be reconsidered. So help us god if a holy site for that pops up with the skill gain and affinity bonus event comes up, Vyn really would be zooming ahead massively. Rare items form an almost backbone for a large part of the economy I care little about, and affinities are really damn good bonuses to your skillgain. Giving that bonus to just one god feels really kinda backwards given we moved away from Vyn followers skillgain being so great a long time ago.

I don't think it's slanted towards any gods. Each of them gets something of significant value to later game players.

• Vynora gets improved skillgain and possible affinity gains (but Vynora followers have always had a bonus to skillgain equivalent to an affinity in every skill). Probably this isn't a significant boost over what went before, but we don't have any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Vynora gets an improved chance of creating rares, but we don't have any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Fo gets exclusive food items. It remains to be seen what value these have among those who do cooking.
  • Fo gets source salt, but we don't have any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Magranon gets moon metals and an exclusive metal, but we don't have any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Magranon gets exclusive item fragments and rare bone fragments, but we don't have any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Libila gets a means of stealing skill and characteristic points, but we don't know how any numbers that would allow us to evaluate this.
  • Libila gets a new fighting pet, which may have interesting variations or significant power depending on where it spawns, but we know very little about this.

At the end of the day, the devs are going to work to balance these benefits and bonuses. If you want to help with this, keep an eye on the Test Servers, and provide feedback in the appropriate threads.

TL/DR: We really don't have enough information to panic just yet. If you really want to, go ahead, nobody can stop you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pukaria said:

I really like the ideas here, except I'm extremely concerned... the buffs will only apply to followers/priests of the specific god?

Vynora followers get extra skill, rares, and possibly affinities and I'll get... to milk cows in the area more often? o.O

I think it's incredibly strange the meditation benefit is proposed for Vynora instead of Fo as well...

I hope I'm misinterpreting this. There are just so many downsides to having it be follower-specific, like the apparent imbalance between gods' benefits and lower turnout for less popular gods.

The imbalance is even more concerning in a PvP light, given that Black Light has one god and White Light has three. I sincerely hope that as the development for this update continues, the PvP community will be solicited for input to help ensure the mechanic is fun and useful.

though in scale, ie fewer pvp than pve, the implications of this mechanic to hold more impact on pvp server..more consequence simply because the game is played differently there mechanics wise and motivations include variables not impacted by or dealt with on freedom.  protecting and destroying via corruption in and of itself is a bigger motivation on pvp and far less reason at all on pve.  As such the mechanics of this feature have farther reaching implications.  Clarity will be nice , esp for all those on some form of pvp server.   I hear you Pukaria and with you there.