Sign in to follow this  
DemonaNightshade

Valrei International: What's To Come (Part Two)

On 9/20/2022 at 7:25 AM, Sheffie said:

And once again, I'd like to encourage people to participate in the process by using the test server as much as possible. Feedback is always valuable, but the more information you have, the more your feedback is going to be worth.

Need to wait for Cartography and things to go live on the test servers before anyone can test them.

• Like 2

I can see the buff being something you activate at your deed or area you like to do what ever after getting it .

Having it on a timer of 24 hours to activate or its gone , stop people from stacking it over time that way .

well without specifics i really have mixed feelings. looks interesting but i fear it can go wrong in so many ways. I will remain sceptical.
Rewards sound nice, like others said Vyn is owerpowered, Lib is meh unfortunatly. Definetly interested in that Fo fruit, but without details, on specific mechanics of obtaining it, can't say much. would like it to turn into alt lagfest like for bloods, or to force us to dwelwe there away from our deed to obtain some meta

On 9/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, MrCak said:

I appreciate your opinion and because of that I owe an clarification even though I feel guilty posting this as this is not really the place for this conversation.

I have concerns that people's fear on conceptual system's balancing just creates static between good feedback and the devs.

Voicing concern about balance is great, coming up with imagined solutions to imagined problems seems kind of silly.

Yes players are the beta testers, that is why the test server exists.

More voices, create more dissonance.

This is a great place to express yourself, it's still on topic nor trolling.  thank you for such a well mannered reply in todays online environment often saturated with combative types for the sake of getting a wind up response.

since you mentioned it, how about the dissonance.  Cognitive dissonance is when you have conflicting/competing ideas  that brings about an uneasiness ito a person so they begin to rationalize away or down play one of those ideas to make the puzzle fit in a tidy box.  NOT realizing though, each conflicting idea (dissonance) can both be true at the same time, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.  For some people this creates great unsetting feelings (Fear), tend to eee things in a black n white world of all or nothing..  I'm ok with many viewpoints, it doesn't negate the others.  There is something great about the democratic process and collective reasoning.  It's what people use in working with others to arrive at a general accepted understanding (consensus)  amid differing viewpoints.

secondly: "Voicing concern about balance is great, coming up with imagined solutions to imagined problems seems kind of silly."  I'm sorry you feel that way,  My ear and thinking hears it more as hypothesizing and part of the scientific method we use to test theory and arrive at higher understanding.   It's a good thing you can be king of all your decisions  en finito!  One size doesn't fit all for me, i need more room in some areas.

Lastly, I have faith in the Dev team, and Especially people like Darklords, Ausimus, Keenen, Ostentatio  They are a departure from days of old template in wurm, showing instead great flexibility, responsiveness to player concerns,  and willingness to fine tune mechanics to adhere more optimally to objectives 'n goals instead of becoming entrenched.   For this I'm ever appreciative to the Dev Team reshape after Rolp moved on.  They get things done and have since been putting out great work and new content regularly.  I"m excited to see what's to come.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 3

On 9/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bloodscythe said:

Lastly, I have faith in the Dev team, and Especially people like Darklords, Ausimus, Keenen, Ostentatio  They are a departure from days of old template in wurm, showing instead great flexibility, responsiveness to player concerns,  and willingness to fine tune mechanics to adhere more optimally to objectives 'n goals instead of becoming entrenched.   For this I'm ever appreciative to the Dev Team reshape after Rolp moved on.  They get things done and have since been putting out great work and new content regularly.  I"m excited to see what's to come.

I agree. The dev team we have now comes from within Wurm. As in most MMOs developers join from outside, we have the luck of former players being on the dev team. Due to that, I find that the dev team has a good grasp on what makes Wurm - well - Wurm. They seem to be preserving the unique feeling of this one-of-a-kind game, while advancing it in new and creative ways.

Not easy being a developer. But their work is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Valdor
  • Like 2

Would be nice to have another quality of life update package, containing many small suggestions players made in past few years.

Apart from big updates.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Would be nice to have another quality of life update package, containing many small suggestions players made in past few years.

Apart from big updates.

Yep. That would definitely be awesome, if it can be worked into the update cycle.

21 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Apart from big updates.

Three weeks ago Keenan posted a development update saying that that is exactly what we are doing after Exploration :) I linked it in the first part of this set of VI's.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Three weeks ago Keenan posted a development update saying that that is exactly what we are doing after Exploration :) I linked it in the first part of this set of VI's.

Outstanding!

Seems like a great mechanic. Aside from a few which could be targeted for abuse (such as Sampo) these seem well designed.

4 hours ago, Madnath said:

Can I get that uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Part 3?

Please! It was due two days ago, if we were keeping to the promised "every two weeks" schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Waiting on all assets to be available to show it off to the best of our abilities 😊

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last." - Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

• Like 1