Sign in to follow this  
MrCoolMan

Soo something we need todo and perhaps re-do

At Pristine Today we killed all stuff around, we was about to kill WM, but Same team that Runs around and do this over and over and over again on RIFTS killed it so we didnt get the Honor to kill WM, no asking nothing,,,

This is bad If the Community do a thing few ppl shows up and Destroy what End Goal is, whats the meaning with it....

Few ppl destroys communitys, ill thing u gms should warn them for not asking, ill told it straight out on battle field ill got back this:

[21:16:59] <Blaike> we should start asking at the start of the rift ...

Why ask we do this a community ok they want to Bennefit from it ill dont ill do it for help my ppl to grind and have a fun experince, but they sacced and sacced we killed they looted the mats wow... so yea Not like that play style at all, something need to be done about this soon, we loose ppl, coz ppl like theese, u know big stone in a Water Pound makes riffles, ill try to do all to keep help ppl to stay few here, dont have then IQ for it ill guess, so gms should look whats going on, on many areas....

//Just Caring for our Community 😕

Sorry abit tired, but ill tough it a wrong way how ppl do some few with out not asking what all other ppl want  todo...

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Are you upset that someone ended your rift early?

If so, what changed are you proposing? The inability to end the last round of the rift until after the Warmaster is killed?

Edited by Fearil

I believe the discussion is exactly that. There was no discussion on killing the WM or saccing hearts to finish. I have been to many rifts and have more on the docket for the journal and usually it is a conversation had where we discuss are we killing the WM or saccing and it is usually had as the WM is spawned. The general answer though is most people are there for the journal and the goal is to just get it over with as fast as possible. Killing the WM adds nothing to the loot table except the armor chains from the turrets. But maybe it should be common courtesy to discuss it before hand so the players have a plan? 

• Like 1

There are good reasons to shorten a rift when it has gone long, the participants are tired, and the combat strength of the team seems to be insufficient to kill the WM fast or at all. It could also be a tactic to sac after the towers are gone in such a case as not much more can be won from a warmaster except the honour ;) . But normally, it is fine to kill the WM. Under all circumstances it should be discussed first, and closing the rift without discussion is just rude.

Actually rift mechanics encourage to leave as many mobs alive at the end as possible for the extra drops. Keeping the slaying on after the turrets are removed not only useless reward wise but counterproductive - and from that viewpoint can be seen as destroying the end goal and wasting time and materials. Every coin has two sides.

....I'm so glad I'm long done with all the rifts...

This is new to me, please elaborate. Which kind of extra drops? Rift points? Hardly. Harvestable rift materials? Certainly not.

If there are unwritten rules, what are those? If nobody communicates those, how should people know what your intentions are?

Communication is important, but also the consideration of the "massively multiplayer" part:

If you have a specific way of playing the game, do not expect others to like it or to follow you. Your actions have consequences, if you (and your group) are greedy and egoistic, don't be surprised to not being invited to group events or being generally disliked. If one group decides to do A and the other does B, what are your options if not communicating? Competition? Yeah, that's how you end up in those kind of threads.

I think I am not the only new-ish player who is anxious about doing things wrong. I do what other people do and play in a team and fair play focused mindset. Heal people, help people, focus enemies instead of soloing around, just simply play together with other people. Not everyone is like that, especially when playing in party/group, where the "public" and the others are nearly your competitors.

Many things that I consider common sense to avoid, some people still do. Hell horses in group event pens, taking all "free" consumables that were there for many players all for themselves etc) and so on.

Annoying, discouraging but in the end, people are people. Different goals, different tastes, different behavior.

• Like 1

If you wanna make Rift Warmaster to be worth killing it, it should give 20 pts participation instead of a lousy 1 point equivalent to a rift beast. 

Otherwise everyone is going to skip it since it's just a buffed up mob that doesn't really give anything except 1 point. I get your frustration but understand players will always pick the path of least resistance. 100 rifts for journal goal is insane, most people hate it and it's normal they want to clear rifts asap. 

Couple that with the fact rift fights are hectic, there is zero community cohesion usually, some people fight mobs, others the rift warmaster, others will be afk in a pen, etc. 

Rifts simply...suck. 

That is all not true, usually, typical for the bias of a rift hater. Btw. you need not to complete it anymore, 10 chests from difficult treasure hunts do the same.

And no, I would say that during most rifts I attended and attend, the WM is seen as a challenge to be taken, as long as the firepower suffices. It is normally a bandaid for insufficient crew to shorten. And during most rifts, there was indeed community cohesion and communication, and most times, the matter whether or not taking on WM was discussed in local. Most players are not a bunch of egotists only staring at their journal goal. Especially younger players are often excited and pleased by rift battles, which in turn also motivates the more experienced players. After all, we don't have too many community events.

• Like 1

I've only done 10 rifts so far which is a teeny tiny baby amount, but so far every one has been closed pretty soon after killing the warmaster. I don't understand why to make it longer. The turrets give their drops, the warmaster is killed so there's the satisfaction of finished "boss fight", and then the remaining mobs left alive becomes 99 QL ash for people who want ash. Like I said 10 is a tiny amount but so far all of those seemed perfectly good to me. Am I missing something?

I don't think anyone wants to extend the rift after the WM is dead. There will be no or nearly no new spawns. The discussion was about closing the rift without killing the WM. That is ok if the fighting team is tired, too weak to kill the WM, at least in reasonable time etc. What was complained about here was that some players closed the rift wave by saccing hearts without even asking those who fought the WM or wanted to.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, Ekcin said:

Btw. you need not to complete it anymore, 10 chests from difficult treasure hunts do the same.

You are assuming that a player is weekly rewarded with difficult maps. Since the update dropped i've only gotten two. Most maps I've gotten were challenging. In the same timespan i have done 20 rifts on my alt on various servers. So please spare me with '' chests are easier than rifts ''

I did not say they are easier, why should they? The main complaints about 100 rifts were not that they were too hard, but that they required a lot of travelling, were time gated, hard to schedule with RL etc.

None of this is true for treasure chests. Exploration started 7 June, isn't it? So 2 difficult maps are not too bad, I had (4) 3 btw., though I never strived hard to get caskets.

And you may buy maps anytime, treasure hunt is not time gated, a difficult hunt, taking in account the chance to take breaks etc., does not take much longer than an ordinary off server rift with travel back and forth.

I read all the bitter complaints about the 100 rifts goal. Nobody openly complained that it were too hard. My notion that it is well possible to finish 100 rifts within a year was contradicted, claiming that it might well take double of it. Now you are complaining about 2/10 hunts in 3.5 months, with the possibility to purchase maps.

Edited by Ekcin

20 hours ago, Ekcin said:

And you may buy maps anytime, treasure hunt is not time gated, a difficult hunt, taking in account the chance to take breaks etc., does not take much longer than an ordinary off server rift with travel back and forth.

Money gated content (buy em with silvers / euros)  or RNG gated content is basically the philosophy of mobile scammy games. So that's a hard pass for me. 

I'd rather we had more ways to get treasure than just "be lucky" , as if luck is a skill. I'd rather get em from missions or outright being able to buy them with karma with a karma cooldown in place to prevent abuse (like maybe a week?), or killing mobs such as trolls, goblins / rift mobs since it makes sense humanoids carry them. 

• Like 1

I consider that complaint unjust. The acquisition of difficult hunts is not "money gated", only your impatience is. Personally, I rather have the "problem" of getting too many challenging and difficult hunts, while still 5 easy ones are missing for the "hunting for treasure" goal.

If someone wants to build a huge castle, she also has the choice between "work gated", or shortening acquisition of raw materials and pre-products with silver. Also, she has the choice of acquiring silver in game (I hoarded 5 gold so far though I am no big trader), or buying it by real life money. So is Wurm, and I appreciate it. It allows e.g. people with more money than free time to participate as well as those with few cash and more time. More cannot be expected.

ill know ppl want to do it all and look forward for killing warmaster but, yea ppl dont kinda care anymore so....

and this is so bad few ppl dont care do stuff on a rift like 25 other ppl want todo and yea kill it, u know dont ppl care about community anymore, ill rember that char asked should we kill it or not, ill said ill do the tanking and we was about to kill it and some one sacced to get the stuff over, perhaps the system need a overhaul on a vote system for WM and last part there.... ill do know this time to time its hard for few ppl so why ill say a vote system.

Any how i was tired ppl been doing this many told me the same ill just took it up and pls dont go to far its a discussion we need only to discuss this ill respect u all. time to time u need to look out and remember this is a game, we all play as Community, Key to have it work take care of Ur's fellow mates.

Take care all, back to work for me....

Have to finish what i started.