Sign in to follow this  
garforl

New spell - Gift karma

1000 karma to cast.

gives 1000 karma to another player.

how about it?

I feel like this would have a big impact on Chaos. I know Karma is utilized a lot for spell casting (The Tome ones). If something like this would be implemented, I would suggest including a slight loss of Karma. Perhaps 15-25%. Being able to just give 1 to 1 seems a little much. 

• Like 2

Taxing the karma would make sense, as for the chaos part personally I do not think it’d have that much of an impact as karma really isn’t awful to come by with most tome having accounts being able to complete missions rather fast.

• Like 1

If spending 1000 Karma gives 900 Karma, or less, to another player, I would support the idea.

Making it a loss-free transaction (spend 1000 to give 1000) sets off my abuse/exploit warning lights, so I oppose that.

• Like 1

Could make it interesting and make RNG lottery play some degree of determining part in how much karma is actually transferred. Maybe more RNG suffering will make this a more attractive and status quo type of thing for devs to have in game.

3 hours ago, MordosKull said:

Could make it interesting and make RNG lottery play some degree of determining part in how much karma is actually transferred. Maybe more RNG suffering will make this a more attractive and status quo type of thing for devs to have in game.

Too much RNG in wurm already. 

I'd rather have a fixed cost of 10-20% loss of karma when transfered as sheffie said. Aka pay 1000 karma, the player you transfer it to gets 800-900 karma. 

I would totally use this system personally when newbies die and cannot recover their corpse, I got karma to spare so I wouldn't mind transferring 3 k karma to them to recover their corpse. 

Edited by elentari
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, elentari said:

Too much RNG in wurm already. 

I'd rather have a fixed cost of 10-20% loss of karma when transfered as sheffie said. Aka pay 1000 karma, the player you transfer it to gets 800-900 karma. 

Definitely agree, but if the devs felt this too generous, my thought was to add some rng pain to make it a more attractive sell to have it added in game. 

• Like 1

missions will be prime target to farm, share, optimize gains along several alts and use or sell the karma points 🤢

if it's implemented:

tie it to loyalty points... transfer from A to B player bigger chunk of karma points and put fair amount of loyalty points as cost to transfer it(loyalty point sink..)

cost and transferred amount should be balanced around how good or bad karma points are to be common and plentiful on pvp maps(on pve maps.. you'd often see people with half-1-2million karma points..)

Idea is to not remove any balance(by making it somewhat expensive to take the shortcut to gain karma points by buying them or transferring them from alts).. and if somebody does buy the shortcut ticket to gain karma from another.. it should be at the cost of half or 1 random affinity.. more or less loyalty points...

Oh no. People might complete missions to sell karma. *eyes piles of source crystals* if it gets more missions completed I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

src crystals are both rare and plentiful, pvp have always been a gamba for coin with token draining and gear yoinks, raiding.., it's trash without the high stakes and rush to win or lose or be toxic vs somebody, wipe a village or w/e whoever is into fulloot content about..

good thing is.. normally nobody cares if they have to pay a bit to get into that pond, tie it to marks.. it's slightly pay2win, but only sinks marks if you find a player to sell you some karma points, of course this leaves a hell to spawn for missions, where some rebalancing might be needed or we could get 2.0 missions.. with personal and shared missions, some for karma, other for sleep bonus - it's much more flexible than current imbalanced system where making 525 plate armors at ql30 and sacrificing them earns you 3500karma points vs. killing traitor rat for 3500 karma points.. 

Marks are a subscriber reward. Making players spend marks to transfer karma - rather than making them spend Karma - feels wrong, like they're being punished. Eleraan's point was nicely made. 

If someone wants to restrict this transfer to PvE servers, that's fine. And I confess I do not understand whether that is what Finnn is asking for.

Sounds like an increased reason to run priest alts to me!

It gets a -1 for me unless it is gated behind high channeling.

If the idea of gifting karma to another player is deemed acceptable, then don't tie it to priesthood.  Make it something anyone and everyone can do.  Even if it's something as mundane as walking up to the nearest settlement token, using the Karma system to purchase a Karma Gift Token for a 10% (or whatever) premium above the token amount, and giving the token to the recipient.  No-drop/no-mail or not, death-kept or not, whatever.

Non-premium players can acquire and spend karma, so they should be able to gift karma as well.

To clarify on my first post.

1000 karma to cast AND it also gives 1000 karma. So 2000 karma cost total.

Also I had imagined this could be a default spell in the karma menu like the other few we have already.

• Like 1

double sink still lets it be really easy farmable method with alts, not enough if karma is op in pvp

13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

double sink still lets it be really easy farmable method with alts, not enough if karma is op in pvp

but how farmable with alts? you getting with mission karma per % done not for be part of that mission so if you make more % of mission you get more karma 

Alts, alts, alts. 

I swear nothing decent can be implemented in game because "omg, it will be so abused with alts"> 

Screw the alts and focus on the content dedicated to mains. 

I'm not sure how alts are going to abuse missions. 

Scenario One

Main does action, earns reward.

Scenario Two

Alt does action, earns reward.

Alt gives karma to Main.

The difference between these scenarios is that the main has less karma in #2 because of the cost of casting the spell. Hardly a problem.

And even this scenario assumes that "action" is something that any player can perform. If it's creating a decent sword, for example, most alts will not be doing it anyway.

On 9/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, garforl said:

To clarify on my first post.

1000 karma to cast AND it also gives 1000 karma. So 2000 karma cost total.

Also I had imagined this could be a default spell in the karma menu like the other few we have already.

Ahh, I see.  I assumed this was a priest spell that just zapped 1000 karma over.

This sounds much more reasonable.

Sure, also give the option to remove 1hr of fatigue with 1k karma!

...Just kidding :D ...

...or am i?

• Like 1