Sign in to follow this  
campus

Skill gain rate trackers and custom LvL goals

Hello
I always enjoyed XP trackers in Oldschool Runescape in 3rd party client Runelite.
I would love to have in game trackers like estimated hourly level gain and be able to set a custom goal, e.g. 70 smithing and see how long it would take to reach that level at current rate.

It's more motivating to set tiny goals rather than trying to conquer 100 in a skill all at once and doing manual skill gain estimations gets tiresome.
I'd much rather play the game than polish my Wurm excel spread sheets.

Here's a link to the Runelite XP Tracker plugin:
https://github.com/runelite/runelite/wiki/XP-Tracker

I am aware of Wurm Assistant and I was able to write bash script that reads skill update logs. But it would be nicer to have these built into the client.

• Like 1

If nobody else is interested in such system. I might consider creating a plugin for it, I don't have any experience modding or creating plugins for the client if it is possible.
ToS doesn't allow client modding, but this would be just a visual plugin that keeps track of skill gain

I personally use Wurm Assistant to keep track of rate of skill gain but I’ve always wished for a tool that can keep track of the percentage of actions that result is a skill tick since this is such an important metric to determine your efficiency. I have heard that this would be a difficult tool to create, however, based on the way the event messages are formatted.

9 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

--keep track of the percentage of actions that result is a skill tick--

It sounds possible.
You would need to create a list of each successful action key words, like "flattened, dipping, polish, sharpened, improved" and so on.
Then compare if Skills log has skill update for the skill at the that time stamp