Sign in to follow this  
Azgodeth

[Bug] chest built on shelf disapeared

when i tried to build a chest on an empty shelf (like it encouraged me to do, since it would not let me load other chests on unless they came from my inventory.) it gave me a success report [09:39:30] You create a large chest in front of you on the ground. but there was no large chest in front of me on the ground, or on the shelf. i checked on the other side of the wall, upstairs and on the roof. i also picked up the shelf, and it was not inside. 

Ive seen this happen before, with another item than a large chest. Seems like finishing an item thats on a shelf makes it "poof".

Where did you start to create that item, where was the unfinished item initially started?

Is the item now finished at the initial place?

i started it in the crafting menu, and placed the item on the shelf. then added the item to the crafting menu to complete it while it was on the shelf.
the item now finished is gone, and not in any place. or do you mean is it in the same place it started? i'm fairly sure it technically started on the ground when i made it from the menu, as i dont know how i would start it building on the shelf itself. but i placed it on the shelf once it was first created as an unfinished chest, and finished the work on it on the shelf. (since it would not let me move finished chests onto the shelf, or pick them up to have them in my inventory like the shelf asked. i assumed i had to build it on the shelf. but now im going to try building it in my inventory and hope it is not placed on the ground when its done. if so then there is no way to put large chest on shelves? just small chests?)

okay, after getting more materials together it looks like even if i build a chest in my inventory, it drops it on the ground in front of me. so there is no way to get large chests onto empty shelves then? since they disappear if you build them on the shelf... x.x  (and dont let you move chests from the ground onto the shelves, or back into  your inventory.)

Thank you for reporting this, I have tested and forwarded this on to the team :)