Sign in to follow this  
ravenlee

Different rewards for rift

The rift was fun, especially helping others, but the rewards tailored to priests sucked. I have a non-priest char. The trade area is already flooded with those rifts items cause a lot of non-priests don't need them. So they are items that deflate in value fast especially since there's a new rift every week now. Please figure out a better prize system for everyone so that the rift is worth going to.

Hi Ravenlee, thats great that you had fun, I enjoy Rifts when I'm able to make them as well! 

I do think you may not fully understand the rewards, as none of them are tailored to priests at all. The moon metals are used by everyone, no priest needed, as well as the rift materials, like the wood, stone and crystals. They all require different skills to use, to craft many different useful runes. The runes use soul depth to attach, which is a non priest skill as well. 

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Runes

I hope to see you at the next Rift on Cad! :)

Happy Wurming

Rift reward points (redeemed at mailbox) are also something you get that can be used by priests and non-priests alike. But yes, it would be great to add some new spice to rifts and their rewards system.

• Like 1

More variety is always welcome imho even if theres not a direct benefit in gameplay.

Flora, fauna, etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ravenlee said:

The rift was fun, especially helping others, but the rewards tailored to priests sucked. I have a non-priest char. The trade area is already flooded with those rifts items cause a lot of non-priests don't need them. So they are items that deflate in value fast especially since there's a new rift every week now. Please figure out a better prize system for everyone so that the rift is worth going to.

I fail to see how rift rewards are tailored or even favor priests in the first place aswell, can you please elaborate on that?

Worst case scenario, if you have no idea what  do with any of the rewards that you obtain or don't have necessary skills to use them, They can all be traded so that you can get silvers or whatever you want in exchange.

Trust me, I used to give away most of my rift rewards since few of them are really useful for priests.

Rifts are about as non-priest as you can get: we're locked out of rune crafting by the skill level required (impossible to grind with creation ticks), most rewards are aimed at either crafting (artisan rings) or combat (shoulder pads/jewellery).

However, for healers they are a godsend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

However, for healers they are a godsend!

Yep, but i think you mean more about the quantity of rewards that you can receive by healing than the rewards being meant for you as an healer, right?

i would appreciate more variety in rift rewards from the token  and while on the subject a larger variety in the premium store would also be nice

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, Davih said:

Yep, but i think you mean more about the quantity of rewards that you can receive by healing than the rewards being meant for you as an healer, right?

Well, they're the only time on wurm folks actually want or need healers; but yes.  There are 0 rewards for the healers, mostly we do it for the fun of it.