Sign in to follow this  
Minnie

Teach players how uniques work

This will happen, just in a roundabout way. 

Step 1: Devs write how uniques work 

Step 2: Devs code uniques to work that way 

everyone knows they need an overhaul, and part of the process will be designing that, so it totally counts

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

But I am sure that they will not agree to vacating a whole local, or several of them (as "kilting" means movement, and may move into adjacent local areas) for a day or longer because someone is pretending (or delusionarily believing) s/he is about to kill a unique. But it is not up to me neither you to decide.

That's why i suggested to consider a time limit in the guideline to stop people using slaying unique as an excuse to demand people to leave a certain area for a long time.

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The topic was about better information on uniques

I would say this topic is about teaching players how uniques work by asking the rule makers to clarify some of the etiquettes that people might not understand precisely as it intended.
Like asking the rule makers to clarify, what kind of actions can slayers do in actual slaying to show other people that there is actual slaying here, so that the people notice they should leave the area.
Like what OP said, player like me are clueless about how it work. Make a sound? an emote? a combat posture? type a word? or just keep focus on hitting the unique? ,etc.

I know how to claim a unique though, dig a dirt, simple and effective.

I do not know a single case where players were urged to leave a local for a longer period of time due to a private slaying. And I am sure that the GM would not tolerate it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I do not know a single case where players were urged to leave a local for a longer period of time due to a private slaying. And I am sure that the GM would not tolerate it.

I believe the GM would not tolerate it too. But how long consider a longer period of time. A standard time limit is a more tangible system by which if an argument were to arise. Lets make the clueless people not clueless.

Edited by Coach

Btw. just checked that the rumours about someone soloing a dragon, or other unique, are just rumours. Lowest slayer numbers occurred on Melody im May 22 (black dragon hatchling), and Chaos (Kyklops and white dragon hatchling) 12/21 and 6/21. Checked back til 1/2015.

6 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Btw. just checked that the rumours about someone soloing a dragon, or other unique, are just rumours. Lowest slayer numbers occurred on Melody im May 22 (black dragon hatchling), and Chaos (Kyklops and white dragon hatchling) 12/21 and 6/21. Checked back til 1/2015.

Didn't someone "solo" a unique using only their own alts? I vaguely remember something like that happening.

While number of participants shows higher than 1, effectively it was a single player.

Wow amazing, those can give the team as references to set the standard time limit. I wonder how long it takes. They must be the top tier stats toons. Small amount of normal stats toons must take longer than them, so the standard time limit should extend longer after knowing their time length of slaying unique.

7 hours ago, Locath said:

Didn't someone "solo" a unique using only their own alts? I vaguely remember something like that happening.

While number of participants shows higher than 1, effectively it was a single player.

Ah thanks, I recalled players telling in chat that someone killed a dragon solo. This with the alts makes sense. But I would not call it soloing, despite it being a remarkable achievement (and I know who was it :) ). In another MMO I played for a while, hunting boss mobs with a pack of alts became so common (and sparked complaints) that the team banned any more than 4 characters simultaneously logged on by the same player, and only 2 of them interacting, any evasive methods like logging from different IPs (like mobile and cable/DSL) threatened with ban as cheating.

Edited by Ekcin