Sign in to follow this  
Minnie

Teach players how uniques work

We need more transparency around all current rules, processes, and mechanics related to uniques.  Many (if not most) players are more or less clueless about how they work.  At least some of the drama and toxicity around the issue stems from this ignorance, and could be curbed if we were to attempt to combat it.  More important, getting everybody up to speed on the topic could help more players get involved in unique hunting, leveling the playing field to a certain extent at least. 

I’ve been wanting to post about this for a long time but I kept putting it off because I didn’t have the time to put into constructing a detailed and polished suggestion.  But I want it off my mind, so here are at least some of my non-detailed and non-polished thoughts on the matter:

1) Create a separate, optional in-game tutorial on unique mechanics and etiquette, along the lines of the fishing tutorial.

2) When a player encounters a unique, a pop-up window appears with information about potential next steps (how to claim it, how to initiate an impromptu on-the-spot slaying, etc.)  

This pop-up could also potentially just be the tutorial I mention above, but I see the tutorial as all-encompassing, while the pop-up would be more concise, covering only the information that applies to the situation at hand (e.g. something like spawn mechanics would not be relevant here).

3) Create high-quality text and video guides covering topics like spawn mechanics, how to claim a unique, how to pen it, how it will behave before and after it is penned, how to organize a slaying, etc.  Ideally these would be created or sanctioned by devs/staff, or at least devs/staff would have significant input into the content.  Player-created content could possibly be good too, but the potential for spreading misinformation would be a concern. 

These guides should be on the wiki.  Players should not have to weed their way through the forums, picking up tiny bits of information here and there, not even sure that what we're reading is accurate because it's some post from five years ago by a random person who may or may not know what they're talking about.

(I know this one is a long shot, but I figured I’d just throw it in here anyway because it would be awesome.)

4) Also a long shot but whatever:  Create an easy, accessible way for players to “practice” dealing with uniques somehow.

• Like 6

Rather have a better system in the first place. Its definitely terrible right now

• Like 3

While I agree with the premise, I don't think this an issue where these things can be taught by code, as 90% of it is player on player interactions. Penning is technically a bug, but stays because it encourages public slayings. 

I think this falls back to relying on community guides which already exist

• Like 1

I agree to the proposal though. It took me loads of reading, and pestering experienced players to get an understanding about unique mechanics. That began with spawning (I originally believed every unique class like drake dragon TK etc would spawn independently). It continued with frequency of spawning, and with type and amount of materials distributed among players. Also, some understanding what to do when encountering a unique, including but not limited to etiquette, would not be bad.

Maybe just a Wurmpedia entry.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

12 hours ago, Archaed said:

While I agree with the premise, I don't think this an issue where these things can be taught by code, as 90% of it is player on player interactions.

I have an experience with the unique that i havent told anyone. When i first found the unique, the first thing was asking questions to the team about how do i know the unique is not owned by other. Then how can i lose the owner of the unique and how to pen secured.
They told me the unique is not owned by anyone. I informed the team simply want them to know because if something happen in the middle they know i am the original owner, and they dont need to investigate with extra effort. U know drama can happens within unique, keep things clear are better. The other question they answered me if i lose the eye sight of the unique, meaning if the unique is not around my local, i would lose the ownership.

There are something happen when i was kiting the unique. People were following me. I dont know why because i am not them.

But i can guess why, Maybe because i was kiting a unique???  Maybe because they just want to watch my amazing kiting method(are u kidding me). Maybe because they want to take the ownership after i disconnected or lose the eye sight of the unique, then they can be the new owner. Maybe because they want to buy it. Who knows what they were thinking?

But i guess thats annoying when someone following u especially dealing with a unqiue that can go out of ur sight suddenly. 

From my experience, they are the professional people who hunt uniques based on wearing unique armour and the toon's names.

I was kiting it from north to south. A guy was at the south of the unique afking on the highway, both side are deeds and fences, can only take the highway to the south. And unique attacked the afking him and he died eventually. The unique was stuck with him even he died, and i couldnt kite it for a while. Thats annoying to me. I eventually filed a support ticket to see if this is a bug but i could kite it again after about 30mins, then i cancelled the ticket.

If he decided to afk at the north of the unique(the path where i have kited) or simply telling me he was gonna to afk, he wont attract it because i was kiting it to the south. After he died, of course he found his body and was still following me. I guess my kiting skill are really amazing and deserve to press the follow button.

There are few questions.
Is that bug that a unique stand next to a body for about 30mins after killing a guy?

Is following or stalking people kiting a unique consider a good manner?

I dont care if the people are following me or not, but when a person kiting a unique, the followers should move around or afk at the path where the person have kited, not move around or afk at the path where the person decide to kite. Because there are less chance the person would kite back the path where the person have kited. So the person can kite more smoothly and no one would die. And followers wouldnt interact with the unique that they dont own.

I understand people are hunger to get the owner of a unique, there are always a chance a person lose the sight of the unique, so that the follower can take advantage of the lapse to become a new owner immediately and the orginal owner lose the ownership suddenly. Thats why i guess following is allowed and being used.

The follower manner is what i am concerned. And i was wondering where are the 90% came from.

• Like 1

Good idea in general so players get at least the basic info.

2 hours ago, Coach said:

Is following or stalking people kiting a unique consider a good manner?

Not if you ask me. it's fine for someone else, i guess.

Also, there's another way of stalking. Example if a relatively new players, or less informed one encounter a unique and ask for more information about them in Help chat, can be stalked to in game location and his finding compromised. So i always suggest if you wanna ask stuff to get better undestanding about the unique you just found in game, make a new alt on different server and ask from there. One more reason that better explenation and info is good to be provided

This feels like a decent stopgap measure till the dev team come up with a better solution to the current terrible mechanics.

3 hours ago, Tor said:

Also, there's another way of stalking. Example if a relatively new players, or less informed one encounter a unique and ask for more information about them in Help chat, can be stalked to in game location and his finding compromised.

U opened my mind that people can be so serious about this unique thing.

I personally believe that first person who saw me kiting a unique in local was a coincidence, not stalking. Because i was not stupid enough to ask those important questions in Help chat, but i did file a support ticket to ask. My reason to file a support ticket was gm can tell me the owner of the unique and thats my first time found a unique, gm answered my questions in detail, e.g. How do i know the unique is not owned by other. How can i lose the owner of the unique and how to pen secured. But some people did following me after bump into me.

Edited by Coach

Did you consider that seeing someone kiting a dragon is no everyday's view, and the behaviour of your "entourage" may just have been curiosity? Apart from that, those followers were perfectly entitled to follow you, the unhappy afk'er did no wrong either unless he explicitly staged his "suicide" to disrupt your claim. Only when you were starting to kill they had to vacate local if I understood the unique etiquette right.

And yes, people should not be too serious about that unique stuff. It is still a game, after all. On the other hand, unique mats are more scarce on NFI (well, don't advertise merge here ;) )

11 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Did you consider that seeing someone kiting a dragon is no everyday's view, and the behaviour of your "entourage" may just have been curiosity? Apart from that, those followers were perfectly entitled to follow you, the unhappy afk'er did no wrong either unless he explicitly staged his "suicide" to disrupt your claim. Only when you were starting to kill they had to vacate local if I understood the unique etiquette right.

That's a fact that most of the time kiting a dragon is no everyday's view unless u got a pet at ur deed kiting every single day. So kiting a wild dragon is no everyday's view in general.
However, i consider their behaviour may not just came from curiosity, but also other possibilities that i have mentioned. Consider them may be... and may be... and may be...,etc.

Spoiler
22 hours ago, Coach said:

But i can guess why, Maybe because i was kiting a unique???  Maybe because they just want to watch my amazing kiting method(are u kidding me). Maybe because they want to take the ownership after i disconnected or lose the eye sight of the unique, then they can be the new owner. Maybe because they want to buy it. Who knows what they were thinking?

There are no rules saying u can't follow people in wurm because i guess people can take advantage of the lapse(e.g.orginal owner lose the sight of the unique) to become a new owner immediately.

Follow people can be a strategy to own a unique.

There are no right or wrong to afk on that road because there are no rules about the position of afk in game.
But i can say its good or bad for me to see someone afk on the kiting path. And suggest what people can do better next time. Like afk at the path where the person have kited because there are less chance the person would kite back the path where the person have kited.

I really hope what u understood is true, because kiting is one of the method in killing a unique. People may have to kite because they are so strong. Its common in RPG game, imagine u are a mage to kill a unique by using kiting method, not a berserker or knight, even a berseker or knight can use kiting method while killing too.
So according to u, they had to vacate local when people started to kill by using a kiting method, meaning no following.

I honestly dont know what etiquette i should follow. Different people have different etiquette. But i can only say my etiquette to see if my side of the etiquette fit the etiquette from the community.

Edited by Coach

I mean, i understand the feeling, but i would keep new players in blissful ignorance for as long as possible.

The current system is so bad that knowing how it works would really just be a huge turndown for anyone who learns about it without being already hooked to the other aspects of the game.
I'm baffled at the knowledge that even after multiple years ot this being an absolute mess, there has been absolutely no effort whatsoever to make it even slightly less ridiculous.

I'm not 100% serious about this, because i understand that "not knowing" is potential ground for even bigger dramas. But i honestly don't know, every option just feels wrong tbh...

Kinda feels like explaining how diseases work to a little kid so that he is better prepared for when he reaches adult age... I mean, i see the logic, but how about you just let the poor kid have fun for a while, maybe he'll even always be in good health.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

The problem with not knowing at all is that people will find out eventually and will more than likely be a bit annoyed at losing out. I've mentioned this before in another thread but my deed all joined during Steam launch and actually had 2 Dragons close to us very early on. Looking back we undeniably had the claim on the 2nd one but being new players we had no idea what to do with it, we also assumed they were quite a common occurance since it wasn't the first one in the area. With that in mind it was kited away so it didn't keep killing us, presumably more experienced players then snapped it up.

Teaching players how uniques work from the start would have most likely worked in our favor in the above situation but where do you draw the line? Wurm has a lot of complicated systems and short of writing up a hilariously small print instruction manual in 40 different languages (nobody ever reads instruction manuals anyway) Its not practical to try and wedge this infomation into the game somewhere.

Edit: Just to be clear it hardly keeps me up at night, my point was just to demonstrate a very real scenario where new players can shoot themselves in the foot by lack of knowledge.

Why not give uniques a different nameplate? Maybe one with a gold surround that clearly shows they are a special mob. It could encourage new players to question what they have found, and maybe go to the Wurmpedia page which could be expanded to include more infomation on how uniques work.

32 minutes ago, Davih said:

I'm not 100% serious about this, because i understand that "not knowing" is potential ground for even bigger dramas. But i honestly don't know, every option just feels wrong tbh.

I think this sums up the whole situation perfectly tbh, and its why I try to attend big slayings for a bit of community fun, but generally have very little interest in the rewards or systems that make these work. Its just too complicated and carries too much drama I'd rather just brush my Horses.

I think the reality is at this stage if anything is done about it then its going to cause drama, and if nothing is done about it then I look forward to the next batch of these threads in a few months time, can't win either way.

Edited by HawkHawk

Imho any kind of ingame tutorial needs player involvement as well.

Granted implementation of such can vary, and it certainly helps to encourage participation in some way. Preferably more carrot than stick (unless ur more into stick, I dont judge).

Edited by Karrde

Besides the fact that everything is bad... the Issue with this is, as someone already mentioned, that "penning" is a meta-mechanic, a workaround found by players to circumvent the absurdity of the situation that finding an unique and wanting to kill it right away would cause.

One does not simply make a tutorial based on a meta-workaround mechanic, it doesn't make sense, it sounds odd and out of place. And i don't even know how you could begin to introduce the "etiquette" in a tutorial. There is already a wall of text on rules/etiquette. Tutorial should mean player interaction and experimeting, I don't really think it's feasable to make a tutorial for this.

Edited by Davih
  • Like 1

Though I think something like this should exist, I'd suggest that it be created by players, and placed somewhere easily searchable outside of "official channels."

I'd also recommend that it be authored and presented in such a way as the creators can't be connected with their in-game presence.

This is because there's a certain amount of pseudo-politics surrounding notions about what information should be made easily available to whom, and how players ought to come about it. Creating something like this anonymously, and within its own sphere of influence, would bypass a lot of overt or low key drama surrounding it. It would also hasten the process, as there'd likely be a lot of heming and hawing which would drag the process out in the "officlal" realm, probably for a very long time.

• Like 1

Spoiler

According to the "The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette"

Courtesy #1 – If you are not with the slayer party that has claim to the unique creature, then leave the area!

Courtesy #2 – Do not bring alts into the loot drop range.

On 9/12/2022 at 1:00 AM, Ekcin said:

Only when you were starting to kill they had to vacate local if I understood the unique etiquette right.

U pretty much saying the courtesy #1.

Apart from that, those followers were perfectly entitled to follow you

I was slaying the unique that i owned using kiting method which is common in RPG game, although i might not slaying it effectively. I can see the names of the followers in local for quite a long time while slaying with kiting method. The followers probably was against the courtesy #1. I don't think "those followers were perfectly entitled to follow me" are right because they were inside the area, if u apply ur statement in my situation.

However, it can be right in different situation. The courtesy #1 only mentioning to leaving the area. But didn't say people can't follow the owner as long as they are outside the area. From my understanding the followers don't go against the courtesy #1, so i have to say those followers are perfectly entiltled to follow the owner as long as they are outside the area. But is it okay to follow people who owned a unique in this situation? U know people can be serious about unique, that can happen.

There are things that can mislead people. How big is the area in courtesy #1? How many tiles? What kind of area are u saying? Also how big is drop range in courtesy #2. Teaching sometimes require clarifications to understand situations better.

1 hour ago, Coach said:
  Reveal hidden contents

According to the "The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette"

I was slaying the unique that i owned using kiting method which is common in RPG game, although i might not slaying it effectively. I can see the names of the followers in local for quite a long time while slaying with kiting method. The followers probably was against the courtesy #1. I don't think "those followers were perfectly entitled to follow me" are right because they were inside the area, if u apply ur statement in my situation.

However, it can be right in different situation. The courtesy #1 only mentioning to leaving the area. But didn't say people can't follow the owner as long as they are outside the area. From my understanding the followers don't go against the courtesy #1, so i have to say those followers are perfectly entiltled to follow the owner as long as they are outside the area. But is it okay to follow people who owned a unique in this situation? U know people can be serious about unique, that can happen.

There are things that can mislead people. How big is the area in courtesy #1? How many tiles? What kind of area are u saying? Also how big is drop range in courtesy #2. Teaching sometimes require clarifications to understand situations better.

#1 refers to the range of local. Same with #2

2 hours ago, Coach said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was slaying the unique that i owned using kiting method which is common in RPG game, ..

Trying to solo a dragon with the "kiting method" will be in vain for all but a few max experienced, armed and armoured players, as the dragon, even if hit here and then, heals up far faster than the damage dealt. That "kiting method" may last over a whole day with no avail. "Courtesy #1" deals with a hunting party seriously killing a dragon not some single player fooling around.

Those following may legitimately observe and wait whether they may get an invitation to form a slaying party, to assist with penning, or just watch a player toying with a unique.

Tbh the local area is easy enough imo, you get a list down the side of your chat box and if someone is on that list they are in your local.

Did you inform these players hanging around that you was attempting to kill the Dragon and did not want any outside interference?

Edited by HawkHawk

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Trying to solo a dragon with the "kiting method" will be in vain for all but a few max experienced, armed and armoured players, as the dragon, even if hit here and then, heals up far faster than the damage dealt. That "kiting method" may last over a whole day with no avail. "Courtesy #1" deals with a hunting party seriously killing a dragon not some single player fooling around.

Those following may legitimately observe and wait whether they may get an invitation to form a slaying party, to assist with penning, or just watch a player toying with a unique.

I had other toon slaying the unique with kiting method at the same time, and more to come. I was kiting it because i want to leave the area where the other people(didn't know they would follow me) were playing. I am not self-centered enough to shout at them to leave local area around my unique under the courtesy #1. Instead, i decided to leave the area so that the other people didn't have to do extra effort to move and leave. Who knows, they might be the local who have a deed and live there, i couldn't ask them to leave, right? Another etiquette in common sense right?

I did extra effort and risking get killed by the unique and move away from other people, so that other people can enjoy playing at where they were. I am the one who left the area with bring my unique instead of the other people who have to leave according to courtesy #1. However, they followed me of course.

Do u know why they made the courtesy #1? Like what u have said the follower just observe and wait, watching a player toying. Who knows when they will decide to afk or suddenly afk because of real life issue while the unique is on the last drop of HP.
The best way to avoid drama of loot drop to other people is to make sure no other people are within the local area, leave the area as what courtesy #1 have said. Okay, u afk at that area, i leave, but don't follow me again.

People can be an experienced, armed and armoured players. People can hide the top tier weapons and armours by carrying in the inventory. People can equipe it once going to an nobody area. More toons and alts can be coming even it looks like a single player fooling around. U don't know their stats and experience based on the look.
That's why people have to assume the guy who slay the unique with kiting method can be an max experienced, armed and armoured players, and more powerful toons and alts that u may not aware, otherwise people could possibility broke the courtesy #1.

The guy can having a slayer party with an experienced, armed and armoured with a poor look. The guy can enjoy slaying unique by toons and alts. This is a gaming experience even it takes a whole day. An enjoyment that people may not understand. People could be the first one who broke a record of slaying.

People don't need to have a full top tier armour or many people to host a slayer party. A slayer party can be small, long and serious, fully into it. As the courtesy #1 say other people need to leave the area. Other people don't leave, the owner can leave, but don't follow the owner no matter how ridiculous as it looks. A small, long, foolish look of slayer party can be an experience of enjoyment. A marathon type of slaying with kiting that could bring enjoyment. Isn't what people are looking for in wurm,  everything take some times.

If people want an invitation or assist with penning or just watching, ask the owner first instead of observe and wait and following the owner. Because no other people should be in the slayer party according to courtesy #1. Observe and wait outside the local area if u insist.
If the owner refuse to invite, ur assist or any help, leave the local area immdiately and no following within the local area no matter how many HP of the unique.

4 hours ago, Gawain said:

#1 refers to the range of local. Same with #2

A slayer party mostly host in a deed. The word area in courtesy #1 can mixed up with area of deed instead of area of local. Like leave the deed! if it makes sense.
If people mixed up the word area to area of deed, this will cause misunderstanding. U know a deed area could be a 11x11 tiles instead of 80 tiles radius. The word local would be more clear. Like leave the local!

Edited by Coach

The private slaying parties do not always deed, nor do those doing ad hoc semi public slayings (calling out in freedom, or even only in alliance and region). The unique slaying rules do apply to either method, deeding or not.

And no, the players in an area do not have to make assumptions. The unique slaying rules already lay obligations on them, to vacate an area of an actual private slaying. The slaying party has to make themselves known, not the bystanders have to guess.

If somebody tries and wants to solo a dragon, he has to tell it to bystanders in case he wants them to leave the area, local chat being the appropriate medium. And he cannot legitimately demand it when the area is populated, the opposing mob is taking next to no damage so far, and the slaying attempt may take many hours. In that case, he has to look for an appropriate playground.

Edited by Ekcin

Courtesy #1 – If you are not with the slayer party that has claim to the unique creature, then leave the area!

5 hours ago, Coach said:

Who knows, they might be the local who have a deed and live there, i couldn't ask them to leave, right?

4 hours ago, Ekcin said:

he has to tell it to bystanders in case he wants them to leave the area, local chat being the appropriate medium. And he cannot legitimately demand it when the area is populated,

We bring up two different etiquettes that didn't write in The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette post.
Both etiquettes have conflict to the courtesy #1. The courtesy #1 pretty much saying people who are not the member of the slayer party have to leave the local no matter what because it didn't mention any exception.

The etiquette i said, meaning the locals who own a deed and live there are the exception.
While the etiquette u have said, meaning the people who playing in a populated area no matter they are the locals or not, they are the exception.
So who takes the priority to stay and who to leave according to courtesy #1, not from our etiquettes.

If the courtesy #1 didn't mention any exception, that means both our etiquettes are not accepted by the The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette post, which means the locals who own deed and live there, and the people who playing in a populated area have to leave the area of the slayer party that they are not membered.

Far too much babbled already (I admit guilt or at least complicity), but though: These "courtesies" (Enki's humour in this nicely entertaining text) are rules, easily detectable by the forum Official Buildings>GM Hall>Wurm Online, and all end in phrases like "Going against these courtesies of etiquette will be considered an act of griefing and will net the offender/s a ban. " So do not let us fool around.

The "courtesies" are found under the paragraph "The slaying!". That means, it applies when the actual slaying has started, no earlier. And the responsibility to make clear that the slaying has started lays with the slayer/s, not any bystander, deed citizen or passer by.

The Unique Hunting Guidelines grant the slaying party a huge privilege, namely to rest exclusively in the local of the slaying, laying the duty onto all bystanders to vacate the area. It should be clear that this privilege is and was never intended to last for long. The purpose is to deny "leeching" of publicly distributed unique spoils such as hide, scale, and bloods on death of the creature, and nothing else. The guidelines are absolutely clear about.

"Kiting" while landing some hit here and then may lead to the eventual demise of the creature, but it will certainly not for a long time. There is nothing to be protected under the Hunting Guidelines obligating other players to leave the area through which somebody is "kiting", except the unique is already moribund. In that case it is the duty of the single slayer to announce that s/he is about to kill and players please should and in fact must leave. That is where local is for, maybe also kingdom chat in addition. Certainly nobody has to do guesswork about someone with a unique on her/his heels whether s/he is just looking for a place to create a pen, collect a team or whatever. That is the duty of the player who claimed the unique. And the guidelines are clear about that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ekcin said:

These "courtesies" (Enki's humour in this nicely entertaining text) are rules, easily detectable by the forum Official Buildings>GM Hall>Wurm Online, and all end in phrases like "Going against these courtesies of etiquette will be considered an act of griefing and will net the offender/s a ban. " So do not let us fool around.

Totally, people should follow the rules and courtesies.

5 hours ago, Ekcin said:

The "courtesies" are found under the paragraph "The slaying!". That means, it applies when the actual slaying has started, no earlier. And the responsibility to make clear that the slaying has started lays with the slayer/s, not any bystander, deed citizen or passer by.

The actions of own/claim a unique makes it a more tangible system, like dig a dirt instead of saying i come first or just stand next to the unique while claiming.
When claim an actual slaying, what kind of action can slayers do to show other people(not the members of the slayer party) that there are actual slaying here, u should leave the area.
Like hitting the dragon? doing offensive emotes to the people like pushing? a combat posture? a combat sound? make a toon name called iamactualslayingnleave? type leave in chat? type playing in chat? type killing in chat?
There are lots of different ways to show an actual slaying is happening which other people may not understand there is a actual slaying in that area. U know people might understand things differently.
That's why this post has the responsibility to make sure that people can understand each other clearly by writing what actions we must do to commit an actual slaying. To make the slaying system more tangible.

5 hours ago, Ekcin said:

It should be clear that this privilege is and was never intended to last for long.

If the privilege to demand people to leave the area have a time limit, which the The Hunters Guide of Proper Unique Creature Hunting Etiquette post didn't mentioned. Also, people understand long differently, like how long is consider long?
Will the team consider there are actually people may make a slaying party for a whole day or even a week, so that consider to set a time limit in that guideline?

5 hours ago, Ekcin said:

"Kiting" while landing some hit here and then may lead to the eventual demise of the creature, but it will certainly not for a long time. There is nothing to be protected under the Hunting Guidelines obligating other players to leave the area through which somebody is "kiting", except the unique is already moribund.

Only when you were starting to kill they had to vacate local if I understood the unique etiquette right.

People are slaying with kiting method. That means slaying is happening. And i already proved that slaying with kiting method is one of the common slaying strategy in RPG game. let's do another example, u people PVP in wurm using kiting method right?, riding a horse? Same with Player vs Unique in wurm.
The guideline show people have to leave the area while slaying no matter the unique is already moribund or the party started to slay.
If u ask me, i honestly think that the people don't have to leave when the unique is already moribund if there is no slaying party according to courtesy #1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coach said:

Totally, people should follow the rules and courtesies.

That is the only thing I agree to. The rest is - my apologies - just rubbish. No rule or "courtesy" Wurm hack lawyer will decide by deliberate interpretations how the GM decide.

But I am sure that they will not agree to vacating a whole local, or several of them (as "kilting" means movement, and may move into adjacent local areas) for a day or longer because someone is pretending (or delusionarily believing) s/he is about to kill a unique. But it is not up to me neither you to decide.

I shall stop this pointless dispute here. The topic was about better information on uniques. I agree to the general idea, but think it should be done via player driven content like a Wurmpedia article (or some thereof), or some user written guide or manual.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 1