Sign in to follow this  
Spacy

Rabbits Hole Canal

https://xanadu.yaga.host/#6611,5213

Chew reported today that it was purposely collapsed and reinforced by unknown parties.  Many of us used this canal, and thought that this was a sort of griefing against the entire server.  

While the GM's do an investigation, they won't be able to just magic-zap it back the way it was.  So, the proposal:

Saturday, September 10th until done - show up and rebuild the canal.  

Goal - not just to get it open again, but to get it into a condition that the GM's will consider putting it under protected status.  

Bring picks, favor, mag priests to do strongwalls, a few stone chisels to make the bricks, food, mine supports (or stuff to help make them), mortar and crates to store the mine tilling's in.  
Phase 1: open it up.  Phase 2: finish it and get it GM protected.  

Hope to see you there.  Not sure what time I can start, but don't feel like you have to wait on me!

• Like 5

GM (leaving name out as I don't know if they want it said) zapped the ends open.  We need to do the hard part to get it to heritage status so they can properly protect it.    

• Like 1

I'll be heading over in a little while.

---

Have arrived.. moored on the east side.

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Spacy said:

https://xanadu.yaga.host/#6611,5213

Chew reported today that it was purposely collapsed and reinforced by unknown parties.  Many of us used this canal, and thought that this was a sort of griefing against the entire server.  

While the GM's do an investigation, they won't be able to just magic-zap it back the way it was.  So, the proposal:

That's a shame, I used this canal myself a few weeks ago whilst following a treasure map. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to help you this weekend. Good luck!

• Like 1

Sailing there now with Tribblemaker, Hazeknight, Frazer ( Mag Priest). We use this canal a lot. 

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who came out and worked to not just fix it, but to make this canal even better. The indomitable spirit of Xanadians is tremendous.

YSqrsUD.jpeg

• Like 7

I am sure I will miss someone (if so say so and sorry) & in no particular order:

Seriphina

Aaedean

Shenjiwurm

Chew

Bunnbunnnn

Potion

Dalethegreat

Peach

Stryken

Wulfmaer

Ajala

Tribblemaker

Monkeydo

Institoris

Spacy

and special assists from Shrimpiie and Belisama (things to do, finding lost and missing items, etc.)

• Like 5

Great work from all of you who helped. Let this be a lesson to anyone who thinks they can mess with our transportation system here on Xanadu. We will descend on you in swarms and wreck your ###### fix it back better than it was. Sorry I didn't stick around for the group selfie :) but hadn't been that low on nutrition in ages, lol. That new diet fad of intermittent continual fasting doesn't work for me ;) Gotta remember to always bring my food and wine to things like this. But seriously, very impressed with the turnout and speedy recovery of this small but vital part of our transportation system. Thanks All.

• Like 3

Request for Heritage Status has been made.  There is a request to see if there are any "before" pictures of the canal.  I don't have any, was hoping others might.  

• Like 1

I was just informed that Heritage Status has been granted.  

I found out that the original canal work was done by Serraphine and dksproket.  I want to say thank you to both of them for doing that work.  If anybody knows them (or how to contact them), appreciate you pointing them to this thread.  

Also a thank you to all who helped to re-open it, and to do the transformation of it so we can get this vial waterway protected.  

• Like 4

Hey, That is me, Serraphine. DkSproket was my partner in crime. But he has given up Wurm 😕

Also Explora and Ladygodiva also helped. We started new characters to play on Xanadu. We settled in the little lake at Fraggle Lake and made the Canal to Fraggle lake and the original Fraggle Lake tunnel.

Alas we eventually returned to Pristine. We missed our Pristine Alliance and eventually returned to Pristine.

Grats on your Heritage site. The tunnel looks amazing! Well done \o/

• Like 2

Sorry I missed all this!  I've been off Wurm about 2 months due to computer issues...long story short, I bought a new gaming laptop while my other one is still in limbo.  It sucks that things like this happen, but it's good to know that there are people that are willing to jump in and help out.  I use the Rabbit's Hole a lot when traveling, so having that one disappear would've been a huge issue!

Can't wait to see it now that it's new and improved. :)

• Like 2