Sign in to follow this  
Kasumi

Dismissed merchants handle sealed containers oddly

There's something screwy with how liquids in sealed containers gets returned via mailbox to the owner if the merchant pops

My merchant was dismissed cause I didn't log into the server. Some items on him were liquids in sealed containers. The items were sent via mailbox to me, but the liquids all seem to have popped out of the sealed containers.

So in my mailbox I would have the container (still sealed) (and empty) but also the liquid as a separate item.

This happened both for items sealed with a wax sealing kit and for barrels sealed with a peg. I had sealed pottery jars with the same issue.

I am able to unseal the containers as usual and put the liquid back in, even receiving the wax sealing kits back as usual, so nothing is 'broken' with the containers. Simply seems that when mailed back the system sees the container and contents as two separate items.

This did also cause me to have a backpack filled with oil which shouldn't be possible...

Including screenshots to show first how the items (empty sealed barrels and liquids) were sent to me

And second - after I received them in the mailbox

RMlm2a8.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:51 PM, Kasumi said:

This did also cause me to have a backpack filled with oil which shouldn't be possible

I get the rest, but how did this one happen, where was the oil when on the merchant, and was the backpack with oil :D in the mailbox?

On 9/11/2022 at 4:15 PM, Anarres said:

I get the rest, but how did this one happen, where was the oil when on the merchant, and was the backpack with oil :D in the mailbox?

When the merchant goes *poof* their items get mailed back in a backpack to you (items that don't fit in a backpack are mailed back on their own)

So guessing it... thought the liquid (oil) fits in a backpack? Or simply part of the mechanics that went wrong maybe... lol

• Cat 1