Sign in to follow this  
Crystl

Hitching posts and feeding troughs

A friend and I have found out that when animals are hitched to hitching posts or use feeding troughs they eat far to much. It is very hard to keep on top of making enough hay to feed them. It really is not efficient to have them hitched or troughs to feed them from. I think that needs to be looked at and maybe the amount they eat needs to be lowered.

i guess, if you make hay, that's low nutrition value (low weight). try putting 100 pumpkins and 3 horses will be happy for 3 months.. 💁‍♂️

secret is to ignore hay.. and just use mixed grass, doesnt decay that fast, it's perfectly fine food and you dont have to tend and harvest...

downside, it was nerfed to over 1 minute to cut grass either way.. so.. it's quite slow and with 10+ hitching posts.. you're looking at some really unpleasant gameplay to just feed your herd

most often you wont need to fill the throughs at all and leave the creatures to graze on farm land or enchanted grass, etc.. yet...

while this is suggestion space....

* make large planters grazing source for hitched animals on same tile on a hitching post or cart? This will allow some options for the underground fellas.

* if that's not ok for pvp - make it so and implement it on pve only, ez