Sign in to follow this  
Sidereal

Construction notice: Onyx Rest to Drake Peak highway spur

Oyez Oyez!  The Pristine Department of Transportation (PDOT) will be improving the highway spur from Onyx Rest to Drake Peak over the next several weeks.

g6QYKLQ.png

Inspired by @Lovelie's project on Harmony, this wibbly wobbly stretch of road has been here for years and years, and I'm finally feeling fussy enough to really give it a bit of spit and polish*.  Phase I - "Working Out The Kinks" - is complete.  Phase II - "Make it Smooooooth" has begun.  With the blessings of @Efeveeat Drake Peak, I've temporarily removed the catseyes from much of the highway for the moment.  The road itself will remain passable throughout the project, and upon completion will be rejoined to the highway system.

PDOT thanks you for your patience during this long overdue improvement project.

* - I only wish I'd had the foresight to get some of those fancy OSHA compliant worker vests and helmets, and to do a clever 'before' and 'after' video as well!

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

I'd be happy to stand, leaning on my shovel and watch.  That should make it look like a legitimate highway project ;)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

I'd be happy to stand, leaning on my shovel and watch.  That should make it look like a legitimate highway project ;)

You're hired!  How soon can you start?  :lol:

15 hours ago, Sidereal said:

Inspired by @Lovelie's project on Harmony

wowie that's me :)

Muahahah un-squiggle that road yyeessss

15 hours ago, Sidereal said:

* - I only wish I'd had the foresight to get some of those fancy OSHA compliant worker vests and helmets, and to do a clever 'before' and 'after' video as well!

:o working while not in uniform?!

Actually saw on Cadence someone dressed up their army of alts in the same outfit too, what a trend ahaha.... so let's dominate SFI as well xD

Good luck with the project!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lovelie said:

Actually saw on Cadence someone dressed up their army of alts in the same outfit too, what a trend ahaha.... so let's dominate SFI as well xD

Well, we just got written up by OSHA and they wouldn't let the project continue until we had proper safety gear.  Fortunately, we were able to procure said gear without too much trouble.

Action shot of the gang smoothing out the final spur to Drake Peak in the year 1112.  Safety first!

WyGO2Uh.jpg

• Like 12

Every time I start a highway improvement project, I'm reminded of why I swore the previous highway improvement project would be the last one.  Gotta get this done before the 2023 map dumps are made!

2ci1djg.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, Josuhacalvert said:

No pressure but scouts will be back soon :)

I do love a good scout visit!  But, ah er um, maybe put Meerhaven toward the back of the queue for the moment 😅

• Like 1