Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Taken far too soon

So sorry to hear this terrible news. Not a close friend but a fixture around our neighborhood, always seen when out and about and always a nice wave and hello He was always a presence at unique fights and impalongs as well, seemed to be a nice friendly chap who everyone knew. All the best to all his friends and family, rest in peace.

• Like 3

It's always upsetting to see a Wurmian pass. I'd seen Lagston on the forums for a number of years but had never crossed paths with him ingame or had the chance to chat. To those Wurmians that had the opportunity to spend time with him, my condolences go to you, his family and friends.

May he forever rest on Haven.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 3

Words cannot express the sadness this community feels with the loss of Lagston. I will greatly miss our silly conversations and you popping by to chat. Release just won't be the same with you. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family in this troubling times. Rest easy Lagston!

• Like 4

This is such awful news. I didn't know him as well as some, but he was always just a super kind person. Wurm is full of great people, but some just stand out more than others. Lagston was one of those people.

I hope his family and those close to him can find some peace.

• Like 3

Only chatted with him once or twice but seemed like a nice person. Always sad to see a Wurmian go but happy to see he was so beloved by people. 

• Like 2

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Lagston and I never had much contact with eachother but I ran into him a few times at impalongs. From what I read and what little conversations we have had he was a great guy. Wurm losses another great person. RIP

• Like 2

I've been sitting with this for hours not quite knowing what to say.  Even though time and tide come for us all, it's still a kick in the guts when it happens.

I only got to know Lagston a little bit within the last year, and every single time we chatted I was always struck by how kind, how polite, and how thoughtful he'd be in conversation.  It was a joy every time he popped up in my PMs because I knew I could look forward to a pleasant chat.

Most of all, I was struck by his spirit of generosity.  Many moons ago I remember being finally in a place where I could afford a rare butcher knife and posted as much to the trade channel.  At the time, a bunch of us were on Indy for a Stanlee slaying event and Lagston rode up to me and just handed me a rare butcher knife to keep in spite of my protestations to offer something of value in return.  I still think about that.

I know I wasn't the first or the last person to be on the receiving end of Lagston's generous spirit, I only wish more of us had been able to receive that kindness.

May his memory forever be a blessing.

Edited by Sidereal
  • Like 6

Oh, ######. :(

I don't have a more coherent response right now, sorry.

Thanks for letting us know; I had no idea. 

• Like 1

Man, Lagston.

When I first passed his modestly sized deed (to those who know the deed, I am not employing hyperbole, it was modestly sized once!) Lagville, I had the slight mix of fear and hope in my stomach that he had every intent to actually create an area that caused modest lag to be near!

Such thankfully did not pass, and his deed expanded over a frequent route of mine that I travel probably more than daily. He kept the route clear and easy while maintaining his vision for the deed, which I was thankful for.

And despite how frequently I travelled through, every time I did so - even when I thought I had chosen a time that would evade his gaze - he waved as I passed.

o/

• Like 7

Still in a bit of shock about this. Lagston was a fun guy who liked to chat, and always had projects going on. It was near enough to me that I would visit every few days. 

Condolences to him and his loved ones. It's beautiful to see so many wurmians sharing their positive experiences and memories too

• Like 2

My condolences to all who knew this amazing and kind soul. May you rest in peace @lagston

• Like 3

I'm so sorry and saddened to hear these shocking news. :( I knew his deed on Release and I had one personal encounter with Lagston; I was looking for a new pickaxe on Trade channel. Nothing too fancy,  I thought to myself. Lagston responded immediately, offering several pickaxes, normal and rare ones. I persisted on getting a normal pickaxe, since I didn't want to spend too much money on it. However, without a question, Lag sent me an ultimate weapon for mining; I rare pickaxe with extremely high quality enchants. I was in total awe and thanked him a lot. The pickaxe was named after him and I thought to keep it so I would remember his generosity and kindness. And I truly have, every now and then I use the pickaxe I remember that very nice encounter with him. Now, that he is no longer with us, the name on the pickaxe will be holding on to his memory. May you rest in peace Lag. 

• Like 5

There are no words for the loss of somebody so substantial to our community, be it a friend, or just an acquaintance in passing. I met lagston a long time ago, I cant say I knew him well but I know he was much beloved for those who knew him. He will be missed.

• Like 3

Comfort for those in pain from this. Wurm is the only game where I've ever felt connected with the community as friends instead of just a playerbase. So many memories of so many people are built on this game.

• Like 1

This is a beautiful, heartfelt, and very much appreciated look into our friend Lags and his family. I sincerely wish I could stop in and spend a moment and get one of those sunflowers. It's a beautiful idea, and you guys sound wonderful company. I'd be more than happy to receive one in the mail though if it were at all possible to help spread the seeds and preserve his memory across the pond.

Thank you so much for this. Your friend across the pond in the central US.

Edited by MordosKull
  • Like 3

Wow....im at a loss for words....this is entirely unexpected and unreal... we had become good friends over the years. What started out as a customer turned into more of a hanging out around deed while i did work for him ending up mostly talking to than working somedays haha. He was always fun too talk to and had a very unique personality. Its hard to imagine a world where he is no longer with us... still honestly hard to believe. My deepest condolences and best wishes to his family and loved ones and the rest of us effected by this tragic and terrible loss! Rest in peace old friend, may you soar ever higher through the stars.

Ill be lighting a coal pile for you my friend.

Edited by Smwoodburn