Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Taken far too soon

It is with great sadness that I (on behalf of our alliance) have to give this news to the community of Wurm, yesterday we lost yet another player who will be missed by so many.

Lagston you were not only a player though, you were our friend, our loved one, our cheeky chappie. 

May you rest in peace and know that we will miss you far more than you will ever know.

In the hope that his family gets to see this post in their hours of grief, please drop a line or two just to show how Lagston was such a part of our world.

• Like 34

This is really sad news. Lagston and I had a difference of opinion over some land, but we worked through it together and I got to know him a little. We chatted upon occasion, particularly over the intricacies and difficulties of steel, but he was a good chap and a staple on Release. He shall be missed! 

• Like 3

I had the honour have having Lagston travel and protect me while on a Scout Stream. Heart goes out to all his Wurm friends and family & friends.

Such sad news.

This moment in time is now much treasured.Scout Two with Lagston riding his speedy horse Fat Benny Laggy Prime as a Bunny.

fsz49em.jpg

• Like 4

A great friend, always kind and generous and he will really be missed.

• Like 3

I first met Lagston a few years back when I came back to Wurm after a  long break. we didn't talk much at first but eventually we would start talking a bit. He was a quiet soul until he got to know you then he'd send me messages daily. He had a gift though making people feel better. one day I was having a bombtastic of a day and he would be able to detect it and keep me distracted from the situation. But I wasn't the only one he helped. he helped one of my best wurm friends giving them a new life. making it far better than it was before. I will be forever eternally grateful for that I just wish I was able to tell him thank you for that. in some way I hope he finds out still. 

he gave me one of the best items I have ever seen  a rare adamantine staff with a dragon skin on it. every time I smith,  I put it on my forge so I can look at it while I imp. you were a very giving person. I'm sorry I was unable to find you another skin for your staff but  I'm glad I was able to help you imbue your hatchet that day it was something I will always remember you for your massive tree farm. but he wasn't just a giver to friends but everyone. he loved to give, at the impalong he gave sooo many items as prizes, gave pick axes to those who were mining. I'm going to run by your deed and record as much of it as I can so I will remember it for the rest of my life. you had such big plans for it i  will be dedicating a spot on my deed just for you.

I also remember lag having a funny sense of humor. even though it was a rare thing to hear him talk in discord he would make jokes by changing his name and profile pic to someone else's in the call and have fun with it. that it's a great memory I will never forget and makes me smile to this day. 

Lagston i will miss you greatly and thank you thank you thank you for everything you did for me and my family and friends.

• Like 7

I was really sorry to hear this news.  We've chatted quite a bit as my nearest neighbor, and he was always eager to talk about what new crazy terraforming project he was getting up to.  The server won't be the same without him.  Rest in peace.

• Like 5

I'm at a loss for words. Lagston has been a player I've respected for a long time, and someone I've really wanted to be friends with. Every time I passed his deed on the way to Bruce's, I'd try and catch his character to wave a greeting. He's been someone I've wanted to be a friend with proper for a long time, we'd occasionally chat a little bit and I'd always enjoy the short conversations we'd have. He'd send me weapons to work on every now and then, and I'd always shoot him a message in hopes he'd just chat back a little with me.

You'll be a massive miss. Even at the distance we were at, I respected you a lot and I'm incredibly sad to know you're gone. You'll forever be known as an amazing guy, and an amazing player. Your generousity and effect knew no bounds and I truly can't put into words how much we will all miss you.

• Like 4

I'm really sorry for your loss 🌹😭

I didn't really know Laggy, but he was friendly and we exchanged hugs whenever we ran past each other in local.

It will be strange going past Lagville, a place that was constantly changing: One never knew what to expect when going past it.

• Like 3

I was sad to hear of your passing Lag. I loved when you opened up, because you were a sweet person with a snarky flair. I didn't care how you rambled on, because you weren't being quiet.

I really hope you are in a better place, because you will be missed in this current one.

• Like 3

Oh Lagston. We didn't always see eye to eye, he sure was a character, and one with a very unique sense of humor at that. A personality perhaps only slightly smaller than his enormous deed... Absolutely taken too soon, not much more to say than that. So I'll just leave this bizarre picture I just found of us doing... whatever this was instead.

54H15xm.png

• Like 4

Lagston was a neighbor a frequent visitor to my live streams.   He was consistently friendly and generous.   I will miss him.

• Like 3

Im so sad to hear these news,  i talked to him friday when he was at my deed pick up a horse he did buy. He was in very good mood and happy.

My thoughts will go to his family and hope they will know how much he was loved in our community.

• Like 3

Lagston was an amazing and awesome man. Saying that I'll miss him doesn't cover it. I truly hope he is at peace.

• Like 7

_Event.2022-07.txt:108469:[23:26:11] Lagston left the world.

I would have never expected that it is the last time I'll see that line. I'm very sad to hear, no words.

• Like 3

I didn't really know him, but he was in the neighborhood and we'd exchange waves in local. He and Lagville were a part of the everyday of Release server and he'll be missed. 

• Like 4

This is very sad news indeed

He always made my days brighter when I was at my deed on Release and he was either in local or came around to the market. Who is going to send me random pm's about my horses now :(  

Release is definitely going to feel emptier to me without him 

My deepest condolences to his family and other loved ones. He will be missed dearly.  🌹

• Like 6

I will miss him. Good man who was very nice in giving away nice tools and free logs after doing his woodcutting grind. 

Did enjoy what little conversations we had while he was on discord.  Sometimes wouldn't say anything but would give a nice grunt sound. made me chuckle.

Will miss u Lagimus Prime.

• Like 4

I was shattered to bits when I heard about his passing. I hope he is in peace now and shall know he was loved and adored by the wurm community. I considered him a friend, he was always witty and happy when we were chatting. Yes he was a goofy oddball, but in the best way possible. All wurmians have quirks, but we got along so great and his presence was very much enjoyed every time. Release is going to feel weird and wrong without him that is for sure. I am so sorry that we have lost him, because the world just lost someone who made it better to be in. He was always helpful and understanding. He offered his full support in times where I had it rough without asking for anything back. He cared for the people around him unconditionally. I will do my best to carry this on with his spirit in mind the best I can.

Laggy, thank you for being you and for sticking around for as long as you did. You went away way too soon, and I am never gonna be able to process that. May your amazing soul find it's way to wherever it was meant to be, and finally, at peace. 
😭💔🌹

Edited by Fraskesa
  • Like 6

I didn't know him, but can see how important he was to the community. His presence seems to have been a blessing. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to know someone who brought joy to so many. Hail the Goer!

• Like 2

I never have the words for these situations, but I will say it was a grace that he was part of our community and we are forever marked by his presence among us. 

[15:10:52] <Lagston> what yah need clearly is a zombie champ dragon as a friend
[15:12:35] <Enki> lol
[15:13:16] <Lagston> ever helpful ideas from laggy :D
Logging started 2022-07-24
[16:10:23] <Lagston> byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Like 8

Lagston.

I would just call him lag.

When I returned to wurm just this month last year. Lag was kind enough to drop us some as he called it. Junk logs when I was living at Dark horse during the 1st stage of the construction.

Mind you what is the junk logs.ohhhh boy howdy. 40,50,70,80's to a poor fool with 32 wood cutting that is gold I tell you.

Over time I moved to the southern part of release deed a piece of land and joined the alliance. Shortly after I started attempting to connect the highway, but there was a problem. Guess who didn't have the dirt to raise the area to complete the road. This fool but that wasn't the end of the story. During this time the alliance came by and helped me with some details and one evening there was Lag on the horse of pure speed. Looking around asking what was going on and the plans. During the conversation I told him, "Yeah I am planning on rerouting around this hill and connecting at this spot but I don't have the supplies to make it happen ATM. The next day I find he hauled I don't know how many crates of dirt in. Teraformed a better road junction added a waystone and said " road is done you can do the cats eyes " 

During my playtime with Lag I have imped a lot of random things blacksmithing things for him. I don't know if he used them or gave them away. I was repaying the kindness he lent me with the assistance on things I never asked as I am to stubborn ask most of the time. And the many of conversations about who knows what it could be anything.

I will really miss my friend Lag.

He didn't always talk but he was always there 

I am not rewriting what is above if my phone makes it hard to read sorry. Just know Lag was a good friend and he will be missed.

• Like 7

This might be the hardest post I have made ever. Lag will be missed very much so. When I returned to the game a little over a year ago he had moved into the area I was previously deeded back in 2014. He greeted me with excitement and curiosity as to what the area looked like in the past. Even offering to let me re-deed the area if I wanted to rebuild, gave me items just to make my return that much easier. Truly a kind soul!

I ended up deeding next door and starting my project to rebuild the vision I had in the past for Darkhorse and we became neighbors checking in on each others progress.

I will miss him randomly riding by and saying hi. Lag was more then just a neighbor but a friend.

Rest in peace my friend/neighbor you will be missed.

Edited by Seralynn
  • Like 2

Many of you know i play on independence the most. But i do have this great group of friends i play with on release too.

Lagston was one of them. I want to thank you Lag, for all the fun we had together. so many unique fights tree cutting/planting.

Mining, imping, voice chats, and so much more. can always go on but i want to say I'll miss him so much.

Rest well Lagston 💓

• Like 3