Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

Lead Poofed to Stone

I was just mining out a lead vein I've been working on for a while when it suddenly turned into a regular rock wall. I had noticed the ore count wasn't showing correct amounts between the prospecting messages and the count of ore I had in Bsb's. Just in the middle of mining queue, I went from producing lead ore to producing stone shards and the wall visually changed to rock. The ore vein was located next to a supported wall if that matters.

Bug? Whatever happened, it stinks that I did all that work for it to count for the journal goal to kill veins and I didn't get any credit.

Edit: I also have had 2 other strange mining occurrences lately. In one, I got an MOI while mining a rock wall and got nothing. No rare shards and no maps. Bug? Also, the same day, I started a tunnel into the hillside and when the initial tunnel opening appeared, the slope down faced to my right instead of straight downward in the direction I was facing like normally happens. More buggy bugs? Never seen any of these things happen in years of mining in game.

Edited by MordosKull

What was the expected ore count around the time it was changing?

Did you get any messages in event, like one of the mining warnings?

Ores turn to rock when normally the rock would not be possible to be mined out - like if it would create a side shaft or directly it is next to the opening of a tunnel.

On one of the other cases: Tunneling will always open the mine the way that the base of the entrance will be between the two lowest corners - so if slope up ahead of you was for example 10 and the slope to the right was higher (for example 12) then the tunnel will behave just like you described. Your facing direction when opening a tunnel - or your position relative to the opening you want to create plays no role at all - if you are tunneling from above or from the sides the result will always be the same.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Wow, ok, so no bugs it sounds like. Thanks Jaz for the explanation. This all makes sense with what all took place.

On 9/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, Jaz said:

Ores turn to rock when normally the rock would not be possible to be mined out - like if it would create a side shaft or directly it is next to the opening of a tunnel.

There's one other odd instance in which I've seen this happen. When mining out a mine entrance which had collapsed into an iron vein, from the inside, the vein turned to stone as the last of the iron was mined, and then required the standard 50 hits to reopen to the outside. (I did get journal credit for mining out the last of the iron, which fortunately spawned as only a couple hundred ore worth.)