Sign in to follow this  
HawkHawk

Salvage/Deconstruction

I really think Wurm should have a system to salvage/deconstruct items to get a reduced number of materials back, for example you could disassemble a wall on a house and have 20 rolls at getting a brick and mortar back. For a low skill player this might be a 30% chance per roll and a max skill player around 70% chance per role.

There could also be a bench for disassembling smaller items to get a percentage of the materials back with similar chances meaning its never possible to claim 100% back, but you can reclaim a certain amount of materials.

My rationale here is that creating items or structures in Wurm can be extrodinarily time consuming and with many of those (unless you can sell them) your locked in to either keep it or lose that time invested. Having the ability to reclaim a certain amount of materials allbeit with a penality on the original amount required opens up a lot more freedom for people to reuse and recycle existing time invested in the game.

I would also be curious to know if this may improve player retention as people will not feel so locked into their existing deeds. I imagine the loss of all your existing buildings/structures could be quite demotivating but at least if you an take a percentage of the materials with you to a new spot it would not be so bad.

Edited by HawkHawk
  • Like 4
  • Cat 1

Too easy to grief offdeed, ondeed still.. you can deed over and extend over building with 1 fallen wall on 1st floor, etc.. if I recall right.. this just opens an avalanche of possibilities.. so fun.. and restricted possibilities to abuse it.

Maybe if you own the building.. anything else with creator or not like guard towers/bridges/colossuses/random on/offdeed walls, etc.. shotcut to skip bashing and directly profit from few actions with or w/o woa tool.. seems like too much power in most cases.

I think it would definately need restrictions to prevent abuse. Has to be on-deed and maybe when building a structure there is a specific option to salvage which is only default ticked for the builder, and has a confirmation box before it can be enabled for other people to salvage. Items like Guard Towers would not have such permissions but I suppose they are beneficial to other players going forward so its not a bad thing they get left behind.