Sign in to follow this  
Sylrona

Mount suddenly get attacked by mobs.

So this is not the first time it has happened to me, the first horse sadly died to the Croc that was attacking it, before I noticed what was happening. After he died it did not cross my mind to save pictures or log of what happened. But yesterday it happened again, this time I saved print screens of the logs and also information about the horse.

amw74x9.jpg

I was mounted on the horse when it happened, the horse is branded, was NOT tamed and I cant find any reasonable explanation to why it the bear attacked the horse instead of me. This time there where two Black bears that aggroed at same time, since they are easy to deal with I looked over to my Priest alt's client, so I'm a bit unsure about exactly what was going on until the point where I noticed the horse getting attacked. The last time this happened, with the horse that died, it was a regular croc, and I was already fighting it and it was hitting me when it suddenly swapped and started attacking my mount instead.
If there is any intended game mechanic that is making this happened, please point me in the right direction, I have tried to look but cant find any explanation myself and if there is something I should do to protect my mounts, that I'm not currently aware off, I would love to know :)

Not sure if it's of any interest, but adding another picture of the Inspect window of the horse, since I was out on a toon that don't have the required AH to see the traits.

RaLDrwn.jpg

Sorry to hear about that, poor Halpick!

Unfortunately hunter animals will still attack mounts that aren't tamed if they're hungry and it's in range. This isn't a bug, best way to protect is through using bardings 

Edited by Archaed
  • Like 1

Is it just me or there's 2 and 3 misc traits on your screenshots?

d807e348a83b980b32b7c62d5130dd6e.jpg

How do you lose a misc trait?

5 minutes ago, Archaed said:

Sorry to hear about that, poor Halpick!

Unfortunately hunter animals will still attack mounts that aren't tamed if they're hungry and it's in range. This isn't a bug, best way to protect is through using bardings 

Ahh ofc, the hunter animals never crossed my mind! thank you :)
I was not sure if this was a bug, hence why I mentioned that if this was due to a intended game mechanic I would love to know, since I could not find a reason. No one I have talked with about this could think of the reason either so happy it got pointed out :)

Yeah he did not have a barding at the time, will for sure finish sorting barding for my mounts now! 

Will also keep in mind the hunter mobs from now on, no more looking at the other client just because it was an easy black bear lol

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Is it just me or there's 2 and 3 misc traits on your screenshots?

d807e348a83b980b32b7c62d5130dd6e.jpg

How do you lose a misc trait?

Can't say 100% for sure, but Im guessing its the bred in captivity. Since the toon with low AH sees the horse as a wild one, and the bred in captivity is counted as a misc trait :)

if so... seems like faulty code.. skilled player see 1 view, the unskilled another.. 

its not faulty code, the missing misc trait just got moved up to the top "About" panel area

GJGSOd7.png

Edited by Toeol

19 hours ago, Archaed said:

best way to protect is through using bardings 

This is a good reminder that hunter animals can attack ur mount. Thanks for posting this thread.

For me, I never (almost never) put barding on my mounts, since it slows them down. Even cloth barding significantly slows a mount. I do have cloth barding on one of my horses anyways tho, lol. I prefer being able to  run for my miserable life (lol). So what I try to remember to do every combat situation - point my horse in the direction I will want to run in case things go bad. This way, if I get low on health, or if my horse gets attacked (I listen and watch for this always), I just hit x, and run away.

Once ur away, don't come back w/ that horse to that monster. Even ur horse will initiate the combat if u go back to that particular monster, once the horse was initially attacked.

Anyways thanks post this thread, and omg so sorry ur horse died 😞 

Edited by TeeeBOMB
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Toeol said:

its not faulty code, the missing misc trait just got moved up to the top "About" panel area

GJGSOd7.png

I can see that, but it's inconsistent ui feedback, two people(un/skilled) see two different things, and there's no function besides switching it around and creating confusion.

certainly good to have more posts like this.. these mounts sell for 100 or more silver right now, buy die by simple rng events and no obvious feedback in combat(on pve servers combat log is literally spam, stuff dies anyway), wurm does not provide horse HP hud element with weight/stamina/trait triggers or any kind of information like skilling from running around, etc..

it's pure luck to track what happens in combat, accidents could put somebody 100 euro back with just rng