Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Selfie / Portrait function

It's great to have the inbuilt screenshot function, but I find it's sometimes awkward to turn my character around to get a tourist-style selfie or a close up avatar portrait to use on the forums, without the help of an alt.

Please add a selfie camera function to the game with 4 options:

1. On Foot (Tourist) Landscape - camera facing the front of the player and resulting .jpg picture includes the full body and background
  2. Mounted (Horse) Landscape - higher camera facing the front of the player's chest and resulting .jpg picture incudes horse, rider and background.
  3. Body (Armour) Portrait - camera facing the front of the player and resulting .jpg picture includes the whole body and headgear, with pixel dimensions just large enough to show off a full outfit of clothing or armour.
  4. Head (Forum) Portrait - higher camera facing the front of the player at eye level and resulting .jpg picture just includes head and shoulders and maybe a bit of background, with pixel dimensions suitable for a Wurm forum avatar.

This could optionally use an adaptation of the existing character screen to set up the character angle,  maybe a pop-up to show the picture about to be taken, and could even use zoom if you want to get fancy. 

The UI and selection outline should be disabled for the portraits.

It would help if the pictures could be taken whilst moving - i.e. when galloping - without turning the main game camera around.

I think this ability would encourage forum sharing and would reduce the amount of time spent clipping and editing. 

What do you think, would this be useful to you? :) 

• Like 3

as pointless it might seem.. it's really good idea.. just imagine well themed frames for screenshots with or w/o wurm online logo and people sharing these or just saving them in their steam profiles.. friends or randoms will eventually land on them and if they like what they see - possible new gamers around

+1

• Like 1

As someone who takes a ton of pictures this certainly gets a BIG PLUS 1 from me.

• Like 1

Add a virtual "flash" function that illuminates the subject regardless of where the sun is, and I think this idea is a winner.

• Like 1