Sign in to follow this  
Wildelf

2017 Green Dragon still out there?

Good find! One never knows whether it's players finding dragons or dragons finding players. :)

• Like 1

2017 was a hatchling, he lives on \o/

He's probably lonely, perma penned in a cave somewhere lol

Yeah i didnt want anything bad happen to this poor thing, only one left :( But i cant have him too close, would have killed me in two hits. He or She is vicious though, so watch out!

This is very disappointed, by the time i login. There were already handful of players there and i knew most of them and sadly i didnt get anything or not even any credits or thanks :(

Edited by Wildelf

In all fairness there were no location details given. I also tried to message you to include you in the slaying because of your forum post.WEAswq3.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chew said:

In all fairness there were no location details given. I also tried to message you to include you in the slaying because of your forum post.WEAswq3.png

Chew, i dont know you and we never had a conversation. So unfort i had to get some sleep been a long day. Sadly no one want to keep in touch, but someone went too far and not planning this right and keeping others out. Not very many are happy what happen there. I only had four hours sleep, by the time i login, half of you guys were there and look like about to pack and leave. So the way i see it, no one give a crap, it like take it or leave it!

I am still pissed at you guys and few others are concern too and this isnt a good time to talk about it.

If you found a dragon you should have rounded up a team to go kill it.  If you didn't have the backing all you had to do was ask in Freedom and people would have came and helped you. It is unfortunate you logged off but as a courtesy you were reached out to. There was no claim to that dragon and we did not have to try to include you. Be pissed all you want....I'd be pissed off too if I logged off after spotting a dragon. 

• Like 1

This same bs (not blacksmithing) happens on every server. Small group comes, kills and takes loot. Fair? Hell no. Hopefully someday people behind making this game makes killing those things an public event like Rift. That would be fair in my opinion because these greedy players wont make it public never ever. This OP fella didn't get anything for finding that, only bad excuses. You can still share that loot and give him something, but you are greedy as ****.

How is that not Fair? We spend hours looking for Uniques and yes we look for weeks sometimes a month or so to find one. SO let talk about Fair. we spend our time trying to find these prestigious creatures that are on every server. AND AFTER WE find it WE are suppose to invite YOU to come Kill it so you can get a piece of something you never even worked for??? How is that fair? YOU and anyone else on Wurm is more than welcome to go look for UNIQUES on your own time.. But when we find one on our time we are not obligated to share any loot or invite anyone to a slaying. WE DO NOT Unique hunt on Release as STANLEE Holds Public Slayings there for everyone to come to.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Ulost said:

This same bs (not blacksmithing) happens on every server. Small group comes, kills and takes loot. Fair? Hell no. Hopefully someday people behind making this game makes killing those things an public event like Rift. That would be fair in my opinion because these greedy players wont make it public never ever. This OP fella didn't get anything for finding that, only bad excuses. You can still share that loot and give him something, but you are greedy as ****.

I spend hours and hours looking for uniques.. running in hopes to find one and 95% of the time you dont find one, but while you are at your deed skilling  up or doing whatever you are doing im out running not gaining any skill. Yet still invite you? you get a quick summon, you kill .. then you go back home while i spent my hours? how much time do you spend on it? You want the reward without the work. 

• Like 3

Seems to me that hunting and killing uniques is as much of a skill as weapon smiting and armor smithing or pretty much any other skill in the game. You have to put in countless hours to find them and many more hours to learn how to successfully pen them, all while risking death. You can't expect someone to just give you a shiny set of 95+ql armor and a fully enchanted 95+ql weapon for no reason, why would you expect to be included in a unique killing? There are impalongs to get your gear up to 70, those happen every so often, just like public slayings of uniques. If you want drops from uniques, go hunt for them, pretty simple. Get some tips for how to improve your chances from those who regularly do it, and start grinding. But if you sit at your deed, grinding up your other skills, don't be surprised if someone else finds the unique and gets the reward. Oh, and if you're sitting at your deed grinding and a dragon crashes into your house, maybe don't post it on the forum and then log out and come back later annoyed that someone figured out where you live and came and killed it. Just sayin...

• Like 3

Everyone in Wurm have the same chances to find a unique. Needs nothing else but go out from deed. Now with treasure maps it is encouraged anyways - also just read and understand the rules. If you properly claim a unique it is totally up to you to set the rules of the slaying. Also .... there is another one in about two weeks.

• Like 5

Let me ask you guys something, when you find something and show proof that you claim it and be happy about, esp something that is unique, how would you guys feel if someone manage to cheat/hack their way to doesnt care about who find it and form a party or do it on their own to steal it from you? I mean that happen really fast right under my nose, no one mention anything about forming a party or even ask me. So by the time i saw it, draw it near my deed and talk to someone in private how to set this up for a pirvate party cause i dont want 100+ players all over the place tearing up the place near my deed. Its pain to clean that up. Yes some of you did made a mess, i had to clean it up too and destroy that Fo alter there that is interfering with my influence.

Anyway, by the time i was talking to someone and posted that screenshot, if i hadnt made that shot or even with my character name on it, i wouldnt be able to claim it to share with you guys and doesnt mean you can just go in there and take it or wreck the place. So not long after that screenshot was posted on the forum for public view, Stryken use a location spell to get a fix on me and i believe only work when you are online, during all that time before the party showed up, no one ask me or notified me about anything. That isnt a very smart move, its considered being spying on and stealing as well cheating!

Stryken and some of you are playing a dangerous game here, so you maybe facing some serious issues with me and others down that roads.

5 hours ago, Wildelf said:

Let me ask you guys something, when you find something and show proof that you claim it and be happy about, esp something that is unique, how would you guys feel if someone manage to cheat/hack their way to doesnt care about who find it and form a party or do it on their own to steal it from you? I mean that happen really fast right under my nose, no one mention anything about forming a party or even ask me. So by the time i saw it, draw it near my deed and talk to someone in private how to set this up for a pirvate party cause i dont want 100+ players all over the place tearing up the place near my deed. Its pain to clean that up. Yes some of you did made a mess, i had to clean it up too and destroy that Fo alter there that is interfering with my influence.

Anyway, by the time i was talking to someone and posted that screenshot, if i hadnt made that shot or even with my character name on it, i wouldnt be able to claim it to share with you guys and doesnt mean you can just go in there and take it or wreck the place. So not long after that screenshot was posted on the forum for public view, Stryken use a location spell to get a fix on me and i believe only work when you are online, during all that time before the party showed up, no one ask me or notified me about anything. That isnt a very smart move, its considered being spying on and stealing as well cheating!

Stryken and some of you are playing a dangerous game here, so you maybe facing some serious issues with me and others down that roads.

Sorry, just going to chime in here because things are getting just a bit silly now.

First thing, using "locate soul" is not at all a rule break. It's a totally legal spell, and in this situation you put down 0 items to actually "claim" the unique as per the rules that are in place for them. So no, as a matter of fact there was no spying, there was no stealing and there was no cheating.

Second, I'm very sorry but this is just becoming sour grapes. You posted this publicly on the forum to get the result you desired, the thing being killed without hundreds of people leaving a mess. You want to be invited, and are crying foul a team that was willing to kill it didn't do it around a time when you are online. There's proof that you were messaged, and you weren't around at that time. At that point what do you want, the group to go "hey sorry folks just head back home, the person who posted it isn't around"?

It sucks we couldn't get you in. The hand was reached out, but as you said, you went to sleep because it's a long day. Neither side is in the wrong, it's just an unfortunate situation. I get it's frustrating, but it's just one of those things and dragons aren't worth this kind of anger. There's gonna be plenty of future times you get to be part of one and get the scale you want.

• Like 11

Well, next time keep it to yourself i guess untill you manage to organise something.

It's not really a rocket science, if they wanted you to participate they would have waited a little bit, pretty lame move from some of the players in here. No matter how you twist the narrative, lame is lame, period. It's not really hard to be inclusive if you really want to.

The intention of the rules that pile up around uniques is to prevent EXACTLY this, as many "repuatable" playesr argued. And it's funny to see "reputable" players backing up behaviors like this.

And most funny to see how someone would compromise their chartacter for little bit of extra drake hide

And for the uniques in general, they aren't rocket science to deal with either, everyone have a fair chance after you find one. However It's not fair and not equal opportunity having the access to metagaming info to get to thise uniques.

• Like 1

And how did you guys know if the person didn't marked their dragon before you try to kill it?

22 hours ago, Stryken said:

How is that not Fair? We spend hours looking for Uniques and yes we look for weeks sometimes a month or so to find one. SO let talk about Fair. we spend our time trying to find these prestigious creatures that are on every server. AND AFTER WE find it WE are suppose to invite YOU to come Kill it so you can get a piece of something you never even worked for??? How is that fair? YOU and anyone else on Wurm is more than welcome to go look for UNIQUES on your own time.. But when we find one on our time we are not obligated to share any loot or invite anyone to a slaying. WE DO NOT Unique hunt on Release as STANLEE Holds Public Slayings there for everyone to come to.

You spending time looking for stuff or doing whatever is not justification to steal someone elses unique. Hope the GM's investigate into this and not let more players sucking it up with stuff like this.

EDIT: Nice, Gm's involved into the kill. Did you even asked the person if it marked their unique?

Edited by Tor

just as a heads up to any "new" player here, but if you do find a unique and don't have the man power to take it on or capture it yourself or even the time,  you can always reach out to Stanlee and his team will do the job. 
Their rules are only that it becomes a public slaying and all loot shared (in rolls), so basically you hand over the unique to them and their rules.  But that way you get in on it for sure and so does many others. :)
Its a nice way where everyone gets a chance to join in on a kill and the reason everyone does do this, is simply because the amount of scales/leather you get from a public kill is so much less then if you're only a small group, which is why some, as they say, spend weeks or even months running around trying to spot one :)

• Like 5

OK!! So i was not going to respond to the recent posts that have been posted. First off lets start off with WildElf....... I don't know who you are and really could care less. As you were told in previous posts you posted a picture showing a dragon that had chased you. Unfortunately you did not or do not understand how CLAIMING a Dragon or Unique for that matter works. So here is one important part for claiming a UNIQUE. IF you were going to claim the unique you need to dig a dirt or cutdown a tree and STAY online. I don't know who told you that I had Located the Dragon. BUT i was not the person to find it. Yes some one from My alliance did by the picture you Posted. We have been in this area for years that the dragon was found in. SO if you Want to Have me Investigated by all means do so. I have nothing to Hide and i do NOT CHEAT or use any other form of CHEATING to improve my chances of finding a unique. i find them the way everyone else does.... put in hours of work looking or be so lucky to have one run up on me.  so when you say " Stryken and some of you are playing a dangerous game here , so you maybe facing some serious issues with me and others down the road" means absolutely sh*t to me. Next time know the rules and organize a slaying so you can be part of it. Now for Tor.... Don't really care who you are either but to chime in saying people are cheating is a little ridiculous. You Have no Facts that someone or I was cheating. so please don't chime in saying some stupid stuff when you don't know what happened. 

• Like 3

Because locate soul works with pin point accucary on xanadu on offline player and is able to decrypt a screenshot to a map location

4 minutes ago, Stryken said:

OK!! So i was not going to respond to the recent posts that have been posted. First off lets start off with WildElf....... I don't know who you are and really could care less. As you were told in previous posts you posted a picture showing a dragon that had chased you. Unfortunately you did not or do not understand how CLAIMING a Dragon or Unique for that matter works. So here is one important part for claiming a UNIQUE. IF you were going to claim the unique you need to dig a dirt or cutdown a tree and STAY online. I don't know who told you that I had Located the Dragon. BUT i was not the person to find it. Yes some one from My alliance did by the picture you Posted. We have been in this area for years that the dragon was found in. SO if you Want to Have me Investigated by all means do so. I have nothing to Hide and i do NOT CHEAT or use any other form of CHEATING to improve my chances of finding a unique. i find them the way everyone else does.... put in hours of work looking or be so lucky to have one run up on me.  so when you say " Stryken and some of you are playing a dangerous game here , so you maybe facing some serious issues with me and others down the road" means absolutely sh*t to me. Next time know the rules and organize a slaying so you can be part of it. Now for Tor.... Don't really care who you are either but to chime in saying people are cheating is a little ridiculous. You Have no Facts that someone or I was cheating. so please don't chime in saying some stupid stuff when you don't know what happened. 

What i did is: i asked if you or whoever there that i care so much about asked the dragon finder if he dig a hole, cut a tree or build a colosus. Why didn't you and had to assume it's either a new player that doesn't have a clue about rules

The irony of the entire situation is that both parties obviously didn't want a public slaying either done with support of or hosted by Stanlee, because "large groups mess up the surroundings". Most likely another thing coming into mind is that the more slayers there are, the less amount of scale the participants in the slaying get. And Dragon Scale armour is still quite expensive, so the more scale  you got, the easier it is to get that armour.

However - and here comes the ironic part - with Stanlee supporting or organising a slaying, this kind of mess wouldn't have happened in the first place.

From what I've seen over the past years when Stanlee organises a slaying, is that the one finding and / or penning the creature usually gets (some of) the more special items a dragon drops. So with that in mind, asking for a more public slaying may have the same benefits.

I also know that if a "sudden public slaying" happens because someone runs into an unique, you won't have to deal with "hundreds" of players. The few times I participated in one, there were about a dozen of us. The most. Main reason, those ad-hoc slayings are usually happening within one or two hours after the creature is found. Which is just enough time to get to get some people in; but not an entire server. And certainly not from other servers. Especially not at Xan, where it might take at least an hour in a light breeze to travel from the server border to the center of the island. Summoning might speed the process up; but even then a priest have to be present there.

As in regard to this situation; I do see some oddities, but I do keep them to myself.

One thing I am willing to share is that it's very likely that both parties have made errors.

Which only taught me that in case of uniques it's better to keep the information hidden until the darn thing is penned, or organise an "ad-hoc slaying" to prevent other players killing it before  you can.

Thorin :) 

• Like 1