Sign in to follow this  
FallenKnight

Treasure chests on chaos

Please add treasure chest on chaos please like they got on defiance 

Thanks!

• Like 2

+1 add more reasons to roam so Egard stops bullying me for not wanting to pointlessly ride a horse 4 hours away

Any incentive to leave deed on chaos is good 

• Cat 1

Chaos don't get treasure chests? Why?

I'm for it. You lot deserve the same as us here on Inde.

probably need to split the server from the cluster or raise population way over alt count.. to have this.. 

0914b0ca1849270eb84359d0e0fbc560.png

right now it's free loot left around, with or w/e pve to fight for it.. 11 people on whole server.. what is the risk for that reward,

whoever plays there will be just swiping or scouting and running all the same but with free candy to grab, hotas, etc events -

already provide same incentives for tiny population and mostly lack of any action

3 minutes ago, Finnn said:

probably need to split the server from the cluster or raise population way over alt count.. to have this.. 

right now it's free loot left around, with or w/e pve to fight for it.. 11 people on whole server.. what is the risk for that reward,

whoever plays there will be just swiping or scouting and running all the same but with free candy to grab, hotas, etc events -

already provide same incentives for tiny population and mostly lack of any action

what about defiance treasure chests they are not free powders for them? why we cant have them on chaos?

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Cogent analysis. Can you think of any easy to implement ideas that might encourage more people to log in and leave deed?

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

Actually nvm Wurms population is going down let’s cancel all updates. Attempts to raise the population? Nonsense!

1 hour ago, Robus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Cogent analysis. Can you think of any easy to implement ideas that might encourage more people to log in and leave deed?

On Chaos? LOL, no..

Putting free candy on the road is not PR campaign or making the server more lucrative, it's just giving native pop free candy.

Problem of wurm pvp is token draining, skill/aff/item(wealth and time loss and gambling), WU found data and exploiting min-maxing to nuke somebody..

If there was fair pvp.. and anybody with some skill had some decent chance to fight and have fun like the rest.. well there's room for some fun time here and there, but as it is right now... no.. not really 

Remove sp, add whatever items but make them not possible to leave the server, and there, you have new loot to rotate between kingdoms with raids, not overpowering or swarming the freedom markets, just fun over who stole what from whom..

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

On Chaos? LOL, no..

Putting free candy on the road is not PR campaign or making the server more lucrative, it's just giving native pop free candy.

Problem of wurm pvp is token draining, skill/aff/item(wealth and time loss and gambling), WU found data and exploiting min-maxing to nuke somebody..

If there was fair pvp.. and anybody with some skill had some decent chance to fight and have fun like the rest.. well there's room for some fun time here and there, but as it is right now... no.. not really 

Remove sp, add whatever items but make them not possible to leave the server, and there, you have new loot to rotate between kingdoms with raids, not overpowering or swarming the freedom markets, just fun over who stole what from whom..

If players want to risk their hide to run around and hunt a treasure map on a pvp server, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to. Yeah, they can get some sleep powder, but they also run the risk of dying to another player. I am all for adding Treasure Maps to Chaos. Maybe it will help bring some life, maybe it won't. But it shouldn't be something kept separate from full time pvpers. 

HC7EXye.png

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

On Chaos? LOL, no..

Well, finally we agree on something.

I really don't see why not. Like the server or not, anything that gets people over to at least try it and give them some nice freebies along the way is nice. Treasure maps get people off deed, so why wouldn't these chests? Even if the loot is adjusted so they're not the same items as on Defiance, that's fine.

Carrot and stick approach tends to work. At best, it encourages people to come over and try it out. At worst, it's something that doesn't inspire PVP or get people off deed. It seems to be little labour if Defiance already has it, some spit and polish should get it nice.

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

On Chaos? LOL, no..

Don’t you have some freedom related suggestion go derail and be negative in. Where your opinion might actually be valid. For someone who’s a nobody in the pvp side of wurm you seem to think you know a lot about it. 

@userplease don’t min max nuke me 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

If players want to risk their hide to run around and hunt a treasure map on a pvp server, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to. Yeah, they can get some sleep powder, but they also run the risk of dying to another player. I am all for adding Treasure Maps to Chaos. Maybe it will help bring some life, maybe it won't. But it shouldn't be something kept separate from full time pvpers. 

Exactly what I wrote.. risk and reward.. there's barely anybody on the server.. there are alts.. who says the 11 online weren't just 2.. or 1 person doing sermons..

There's also the problem with dominating kingdoms over other.. so most common case will be mom goes with kids on a trip to the grocery shop, or dad.. doesn't matter.. but pvp .. nah, nope, nada.

SP is still quite valuable, while treasure maps take some farming and wasting 2 hours of your life running around to "cash" it at some random location after running back and forth over several locals..

Here it's about just finding and cashing on the spot..

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

If players want to risk their hide to run around and hunt a treasure map on a pvp server, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to. Yeah, they can get some sleep powder, but they also run the risk of dying to another player.

I am all for adding Treasure Maps to Chaos. Maybe it will help bring some life, maybe it won't. But it shouldn't be something kept separate from full time pvpers. 

Treasure maps?🤔 Aren't we talking about EPIC kind of chests with loot...

On 8/31/2022 at 6:36 PM, FallenKnight said:

Please add treasure chest on chaos please like they got on defiance 

Thanks!

With this kind of in-depth explanation could be anything really..

40 minutes ago, Egard said:

Don’t you have some freedom related suggestion go derail and be negative in. Where your opinion might actually be valid. For someone who’s a nobody in the pvp side of wurm you seem to think you know a lot about it. 

@userplease don’t min max nuke me 

Don't have the time to entertain such ideas.

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

I really don't see why not. Like the server or not, anything that gets people over to at least try it and give them some nice freebies along the way is nice. Treasure maps get people off deed, so why wouldn't these chests? Even if the loot is adjusted so they're not the same items as on Defiance, that's fine.

Carrot and stick approach tends to work. At best, it encourages people to come over and try it out. At worst, it's something that doesn't inspire PVP or get people off deed. It seems to be little labour if Defiance already has it, some spit and polish should get it nice.

all I am saying is.. have at least 2 major, equal forces fighting.. often.. and some activity from both sides so there's some fighting over the loot and it's not swipe-farming "afk" with no challenge;

- have the population, have the pvp drama or w/e happening constantly.. then the loot will be a spice and spoil for the winner of fights.. w/o the first, it's carebear wealth farm

13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

Treasure maps?🤔 Aren't we talking about EPIC kind of chests with loot...

I took this as treasure maps. If they are talking about the Treasure Chests that spawn around epic, then I misunderstood. When you mentioned sleep powder, I had assumed the maps. I didn't know it also spawns in Treasure Chests. But since they are also on Defiance, and Epic I do not see the harm in adding them on Chaos. 

some freedom players really dont want any changes of chaos to make it atractive and bring more players to play with us because they are too scary to be part of that but dont want give others reason to focus more on pvp server ;)

6 minutes ago, FallenKnight said:

some freedom players really dont want any changes of chaos to make it atractive and bring more players to play with us because they are too scary to be part of that but dont want give others reason to focus more on pvp server ;)

@FallenKnight

is your suggestion to add Treasure Maps or Treasure Chests? There is a little lack of information in your initial posts seeing as how there are now two different types of Treasure Chests in wurm.

Treasure Maps - Treasure hunt - Wurmpedia

Treasure Chests - Large treasure chest - Wurmpedia