Sign in to follow this  
MayorSmurf

New Skill

I would like to suggest a new skill for Wurm Online.

Glass Making - Glassmithing

Items to make out of glass.

Glass Window Panes

Glass Vases,

Glass ware for tables, glass decaters

Stain Glass for Churches and Cathedrals in game

• Like 11

How do we even have compasses without this?

Glass and glassmaking always a +1.

• Like 1

I've lost track of how many times glass making, glass blowing and stained glass windows have been suggested. It's long overdue. +100

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MordosKull said:

How do we even have compasses without this?

Glass and glassmaking always a +1.

I actually know this! Compasses were a Chinese invention, and relied on balancing an iron needle in a liquid (sound familiar?) no glass was involved. 

https://www.dalvey.com/blog/the-history-of-the-compass

• Like 2

Hello.. i have been playing Wurm Online for several months now and noticed that a major skill could be added to the game..  Glassblowing.  that would make sand more valuable ..  forge and sand.. 

This would allow us to make stuff like wine bottles, beer bottles, milk bottles, glasses, ornate figurines, glass window panes. which would include stain glass.. for the windows for say a church..  or to color your bottles for your wine, beer or whatever.  like a colored glass vase.  and if desired .  could add this skill to make spyglasses.. or binoculars. or even a magnifying glass. . and colored glass could also be used for jewelry or clothing like rhinestones look to them..  and glass figurines choices leaves you plenty of choices to exploit.. .. 

I am actually surprised we don't have this skill yet.. 

I would deeply appreciate if others who like this idea . would make their support known..  

Thank you for your time .

Sincerely 

Sabrinawaveshadow.. Mayor of Valhalla on Cadence.. 

Glass would be great with how many new building options it could unlock, just like how all the extra building/stone options added over the last decade made so many new creative things possible in game.

+1 of course, as always .But, is it even technically posible to be implemented a glass look?

8 minutes ago, Tor said:

But, is it even technically posible to be implemented a glass look?

To start off the templar/drakespirit effect could be used and once better solution is found, models are already there, just need to update the material/texture - would be my uneducated guess.

Edited by Locath
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tor said:

+1 of course, as always .But, is it even technically posible to be implemented a glass look?

I always read how incredible hard it is to make something looking like real glass in games, but stained glass has been brought up here so it would not be truely transparent or that you could have a view of the outside truh it, at worst pretty distorted.

Would make for a lovely design elements, maybe new wall types with huge church style window openings and now I am being mean... skins to get from the shop to change the images displayed in those stained windows.

I feel a bit dirty and like I ruined a good idea, on the other hand you have to motivate the upper level folks a bit. ;)

Yes, I will see myself out, no need for the forks and that.

• Like 1