Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

The Enchanted Highways Project

The basic idea of this is simple.

Anyone on level 7 of the Path of Love can go out and find a highway intersection, and enchant the closest grass tile to it. The goal is to have these little areas widely scattered along well-travelled routes, so that anyone who's seriously injured will have a place to rest and heal up. Also, any carter or wagon driver who needs to log out far from home will be able to park their vehicle somewhere the horses can eat without much risk of trampling the ground.

A secondary goal of the project: plant camellia hedges at the side of the highway anywhere the adjacent tiles are dangerously steep. This will help prevent walkers from falling and taking damage. Camellia hedges are a good choice because they don't decay off deed and still allow people to easily see over them.

At the moment it's just myself and Tabasco doing this, but if more people join in, I think we can make Cadence highways a much more pleasant place to travel.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 5
  • Cat 1

Gotta say I love this idea. An old rift area saved me last night after I made the poor decision of AFKing in the wild. 3% health but the fence and enchanted grass stopped the sideswipe from the passing troll that would have been certain death. I'll be sprinkling some around south of Sonata!

• Like 1

Really like this idea and have actually been doing something similar on ledges with Camellia bushes already, I generally leave regular gaps though so people and mobs do have a way out if needed.

I live in a crossroads so would absolutely support a few tiles of enchanted grass there if it helped people, but I don't have the ability to do that myself.

• Like 2