Sign in to follow this  
notstupidbobb

meadows

See Wilczan's post about meadows ,  it is a much clearer and better idea than mine,  it would achieve the same goal of lovely open spaces and help with the fighting  trees all the time

Edited by notstupidbobb
someone said it better than I did
  • Like 3

Trees won't grow in steppe, but the steppe itself will surely spread across any grass tiles you have next to them.

This is true Tristanc, .. but steppe is not at all lovely and full of flowers.. and .. its a bit crunchy . None the less, I appreciate the reply :) 

I like the idea of expanding on alchemy and transmutation liquids to accomplish this, with a new series of liquids which designate what can and can't grow on a given tile. (Only grass, only flowers, only trees, only bushes, etc.)

• Like 3

Huge +1 from me. After months and months, maybe a year of battling trees growing back, I was able to make and maintain a very large grassland. It's not that I don't want any trees, I just want them where I put them and not spreading everywhere. So, I have to keep a 20+ tile perimeter around the area of either steppe or moss, neither of which look very nice in my opinion, and I have to enchant every.single.tree that I plant when it reaches the desired age. While waiting for those trees to get to the right age, I've got to constantly monitor the area for the new sprouts, because if you let just one get loose, you could wake up to the beginnings of a pandemic, er forest. Now I like forests (not olive forests tbh) but I also like open sight lines in places. And having no other way of preserving a meadow is annoying. Devs, this deserves your attention and effort :) Thanks

YES!!! What Wilczan said, he put it better than I did.  Being able to make meadow tiles.  I agree also with Dale the good, the constant fight with trees over growing an area , its just so time consuming. 

• Like 1