Josuhacalvert

Thallspring Scouts On Xanadu

Hello Fellow Wurms of Xanadu.

After much discussion (orders) i have finally sent the Scouts to Xanadu.

Scout #3 is the first to land (although we don't exactly no where), tasked to explore, visit your deeds, take some selfies and publish pictures of the sights we see and admire and yoink any decorative ideas we see.

In time he will hopefully be joined by Scout #2

xrgj8X0.jpg

Anyway we hope to see more of your lands, if the Scouts does not perish from being eaten, trapped by staircases, falling off cliffs, being changed into a monster by Wurm Gods or alas drowning or getting imprisoned or starve.

All hazards a Scout has been thoroughly trained to tactically extract themselves from (Or so i’ve been told)

We will announce our presence in Freedom chat with a Cheery hello o/ before each stream. Although given the vastness of Xanadu it could be sometime before we actually meet anyone!

We do understand that not everyone wants to interact in our travels and that’s all ok. Feel free to send the Scout a pm just advise so if you do not want to.

Our general rule is if our wave is not answered we will leave you alone and pass on thru.

But I do hope that if we do meet you will say hello.

If we don’t respond immediately it could be that we are experiencing a life threatening situation or frantically *ahem* tactically running away or just lost in the moment taking in the view or just lost.

Anyway we hope you enjoy these as much as our dedicated Scouts do and we hope you will join us.

Scout Two Deaths so far

Scout Three Deaths so far

When do we stream? - I stream every Tuesday and Friday around 10:00pm GMT but alternate between the Scouts on different Servers.

You can find the channel on https://www.twitch.tv/josuhacalvert

The historical "discussions"

Prince Calvert - Right chaps time to make some plans to go here. (Uses rather cool oak wood pointer stick to point to map)

Scouts - Wait you want us to go there! And walk it? Are you F@~&%£$£%^&& Nuts!

Prince Calvert - Yes but i thought you knew that?

Some days later.....

Prince Calvert - So the speech is ready.... Ahem....

Xanadu, the final frontier
These are the adventures of the Thallspring Scouts
Their five year mission
To explore strange new lands
To seek out new Wurmians
And new Deeds
To boldly go where no Scout has gone before

Scouts - Seriously?? Thats what you are going to say?  *Face Palms and loud groans*

Scouts - Shall we ask Scotty to beam us over there?

Edited by Josuhacalvert
  • Like 7

You're gonna walk somewhere? On Xanadu? Ookieeeee...

I'm gonna check back on this thread in, um, about 5 years :D

• Like 1

There are few problems with walking scouts around Xanadu, but other than the distances involved they are much the same as the other servers. Been doing it to pinpoint rifts since there were added.

Looking forward to seeing what trouble your scouts manage to discover.

• Like 1

Oh how lovely! I live on Xanadu and am always eager for visitors. I'll bake a pie.

• Like 3

Well this was a bit of an introduction to how vast Xanadu is for Scout Three.

We make need to re think things.....

EP1 available on our Twitch and YouTube Channel

Get a horse.

Makes it possible to scout Xan in 2.5 years, instead of 5.

Edit: get yourself a rowing boat too. Saves you another year. :D

Edit 2: Would be a good idea to equip the toolbelt, having it showing up on screen and put some important items under the numberkeys.

Think of water in the waterskin, cotton, farmers salve, your steel and flint.

Quick access - especially to healing equipment - to items is important for any toon.

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
  • Like 1

It might be better to organise with other players on Xan who want to be visited.  Then if they have a priest with the teleport skill, they could portal you over to them to have a look around.  I think it is far to big to go it alone.

Xan is one of the servers I will never travel to again.  I've only been over a few times but it is just far to vast and takes too much time to travel around even with my corbita ship.

Another reason to organise with others is that you might travel for hours and finally come to a deed and it is locked.  At least as with connecting people who want to be visited you can also avoid that and speed things up a bit.
Something else you could do is die teleport.  to get around the map into other areas.   At least you would see all of the starter towns :P

Edited by Zexos
  • Like 1

Aye, keep the feedback coming peeps as we are taking this all onboard. My head is still zapped by HOW VAST it is lol

• Like 1

The tents and camps are wagoneers, they are on highway system, your stream ended near east highway (cobblestones). Click waystone, set route to anywhere in Xanadu

Shamank 🙂

Xanadu is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to Xanadu

Substituting Xanadu into the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy definition of Space seems to fit. You can fit 16 of the smaller servers into Xanadu. Is probably going to help if you cut the map up into smaller chunks to keep things manageable.

Esteron is an interesting area, plenty large enough for a single episode, for a long time it was cut off from the server, at least for easy land access. The first easy road out is via The Shire and Clear Lake. But, other routes have been worked on in the past, no idea of current progress of those.

Righty, Update time.

Scouts 3 & 2 have "retired" apparently ....

So step forth Scout 5.... Yes Mad Calvert is treating the Scouts badly again.

Good to see you back out and exploring across Xanadu.

Scout Five find the Fortress

EP4 available on Twitch and YouTube

• Like 1

Been enjoying this Josh, nice one. I'm in Blue Banners so nice to see them getting some air time!

I'll let the peeps of Thule know to expect you soon! :D

If you end up going to the lake west of you, there are some great deeds to see. I can recommend a visit to Bjomei's Teutonic Bastion on the island, and also Northpass Deep on the north coast, both very impressive.

I live on that lake too, just near NorthPass, so if you want to borrow a boat to see the sights I'd be happy to lend you one.. can make it a rowboat if you want to keep things humble! :D or happy to give you a lift anywhere you want to go. Feel free to give me a shout.

Crikey im behind on the postings!

EP5 Available on our Twitch and YouTube Channel